Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    txramsfan is offline Registered User

Re: USC is simply the best

Actually, I think there should be a one game scenario after the bowls. Who knows, it could be Texas and Auburn playing for the National Championship in that scenario?

HUbison is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by LA
    Cannot wait till USC smokes OU and all this can be laid to rest. Then of course I will hear "LSU would have beat them", or "Auburn should have been playing aginst USC not OU".
    :redface: :redface: Oh, that's a good one {wiping a tear of laughter from my eye}. USC is the #3 team, at best (which is a stretch since I would put Texas ahead of them as well). Both OU and Auburn are better. It's unfortunate that only OU gets to prove it. But I'm sure there will be a plethora of excuses coming from the Pac-10 lovers at ABC and ESPN. Whatever allows them to sleep at night after their all mighty Trojans and golden icon, Leinert, fall to the Sooners and the two best players in the nation, Jason White & Adrian Peterson.

Auburn would have done the same to USC, but that's the way the computer crumbles.
    BTW can u say Heisman???
    Enjoy the trophy, Matt. That's the only trophy you're going to be lifting any time soon.

BTW can u say Heisman jinx??? No Heisman winner has ever won a national championship.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

atcchris is offline Registered User

Auburn Fans

Two Words

The Citadel.

Condom Fans

24 words
    Jason White
    Adrian Peterson
    All World O-line
    Mark Clayton
    Mark Bradley
    Travis Wilson
    Antonio Perkins
    Lance Mitchell
    Dan Cody
    Marcus Walker
    All World D-line

Plus the 2 that trump them all:

Bob Stoops

Texas Fans

10 words (including Latin) on why it will be at least 3 more years before you get another Red River Shootout victory:

Adrian Peterson
    Rhett Bhomar
    Paul Thompson
    Tommy Grady
    et al

Plus the 2 that trump them all:

Bob Stoops

BOOMER SOONER

If there WERE a "plus one" game this year, the BCS could not have had their picked matchups.

It would have had to be USC vs Utah and Oklahoma vs Auburn, (where's Boise?)

Texas... forget it. You have to win in Dallas to have a shot.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

To say USC is simply the best equates to saying LSU was simply the best last year, nothing simple about it. Didn't lowly UCLA take mighty SC to the edge and almost push them over? How many TD passes did the vaunted Heisman winner get in that game? If SC can beat OU, and that's a big if, they deserve to be #1, but it certaintly won't be easy or simple.

LaRamsFanLongTime Guest

Didn't lowly UCLA take mighty SC to the edge and almost push them over?
    That game was not nearly as close as the score would reflect, I was never at any time worried in that game. Besides Rivalaries are a different game, crappy teams beat good teams with that kind of passion all the time.
    As of right now in all the polls not just the puter USC is ranked #1. I agree it wont be simple to beat OU but I have to talk trash that is what football is all about. You better beleive if by some miracle Oklahoma beats my boys I will be in here eating some crow, I take my lickings.

laramfanlongtime

Exactly right. This is the place to talk smack about our college teams. Wouldn't have it any other way.

BOOMER SOONER

Quote Originally Posted by LaRamsFanLongTime
    That game was not nearly as close as the score would reflect, I was never at any time worried in that game. Besides Rivalaries are a different game, crappy teams beat good teams with that kind of passion all the time.
    As of right now in all the polls not just the puter USC is ranked #1. I agree it wont be simple to beat OU but I have to talk trash that is what football is all about. You better beleive if by some miracle Oklahoma beats my boys I will be in here eating some crow, I take my lickings.
    Fair enough dude. We're you worried against Stanford or Cal??

LaRamsFanLongTime Guest

We're you worried against Stanford or Cal??
    Yes, yes I was. hehe

Quote Originally Posted by LaRamsFanLongTime
    Yes, yes I was. hehe
    Just checking.

How about VA Tech?

For the record, there was no OU game I was worried about at any time this year.

The Aggie games (OSU and aTm) had 2 gift TDs each. Sure, another fluke could have turned the tide, but the same could be said of the UCLA game for USC as well.

The thing that USC fans (as well as the national media) forgets is this:

Against the aggies, we didn't have Perkins and we were starting Bassey. That is no longer the case. Leinhart will not pass for 200 yards against OU. Neither USC back will get 100 yds rushing against OU.

Peterson will rush for over 200 and Jason White will throw 3 TDs.

Mark it down.

HUbison is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by LA
    I have to talk trash that is what football is all about.
    And that's the beauty of it all. We get a bunch of people who all think the same way about the bottomline of this board (the Rams) and give us an outlet (college ball) to talk smack to each other instead of the nimrods from the left coast bay brigade (niners).
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

theodus69 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison
    My money is on Oklahoma. It's not far-fetched to see Auburn as national champs, either. But one thing is for sure, when the smoke clears at the end of the season, USC will not be the national champion.
    That my friends is the most acurate statement I have heard all Year! SOONERS 35 USC 14 and note the 14 pts will come via the 4th qt!!! :tongue:

theodus69 Guest

And another thing, USC has never seen a DEFENSE or an OFFENSE of this calliber and don't give me that Cal crap ! The pac ten stands for P-pussies A-always C-crying ! :redface: Maybe the nfc west of college football!!!! :tongue:

DJRamFan Guest

I'm thinking USC over Oklahoma in a game that is close until the 4th quarter. I've also picked Virginia Tech as one of my upset specials!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12