• France

1 20.00%
  • Italy

4 80.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RamsFan4ever is offline Registered User

2006 Fifa World Cup Finals

France VS Italy

It just started. If you don't Know what channel it is on. It is on ABC.

France is in the White Jerseys and Italy is in the Blue Jerseys.

2 France guys got injuried in the first 6 minutes and France scored on a penalty kick.

France 1
    Italy 1

Who do you think will win?

ITALY WINS

5-3 in the penalty kicks after OT

ITALY WINS
    Last edited by RamsFan4ever; -07-09-2006 at 04:42 PM.

Re: 2006 Fifa World Cup Finals

I would go with Italy on penalties

Rip32 is offline Registered User

Haha Dez thats easy to predict after its happened

Congrats to Italy they deserved it over the 120 minute I think,Why did Zidane do what he did??Shame he finished his international career on that note,He was the best player over the last 10 years

what the ............. I dont know what you mean

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

I don't understand why Zidane gave his little head butt. Too bad for France. I hate to see the cup end the way it did. I thought France played the better game, but the better team does not always win.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

adarian_too is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by UtterBlitz
    I don't understand why Zidane gave his little head butt. Too bad for France. I hate to see the cup end the way it did. I thought France played the better game, but the better team does not always win.
    Here is what I'm going to say to this - Italy may have looked slower to the ball, but this year is it was always about their D. France did not play the better defensive game.

The better team may not always win, but this wasn't the case where France was the better team not to win.

I'm not a particular fan of penalty kicks to decide a match, so I tend to agree that's it a shame that the game ended that way.

But as far as "too bad for France." Not a chance. Zidane showed the true character of the French ingrates. Let the media hype their culture, feign the poor victim, pout when the opponent makes good save on a header as though he's more entitled than the next one, and then lashes out like a spoiled brat with a heradbutt calculated to hurt as he aimed at the breastbone.

No. Not too bad for France. What's too bad, is that after the game, some of Italy's steel-toed supporters who came back from Iraq didn't take a golden boot to the Frenchman's head.

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

now adarian...this is a game you know.

Do you really want harm to be done to the players?

Zidane was out of line and he got red carded and thrown out of the game. Maybe it was all about the shot that got blocked, who knows, could be.

You really don't like the french at all, and you are letting it spill over to the world cup now. That is not fair to the team.

The french team had a much better attack and they were in a better position to score, especially in the second half of the game. The italians looked tired and unmotivated to me. It is too bad that neither team could score in the overtimes, so that it was not left up to the penalty shots.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RealRam is offline Registered User

I-T-A-L-I-A!

I think it was an even matched game for the World Cup final, the Italians perhaps a little more hungry or, passionate?

Zidane is great and so is his career. That awful headbutt foul was obviously a terrible, terrible mistake. A bad example too.

He will probably make a well televised apology. It is simply no way for him to leave the French team and fans.

Italy. Last time I saw them in the final was in Mexico: 1970. They were terrific during the entire series. So were the Brazilians. They lost to Pelé / Brazil 4-1 at the colossal Aztec Stadium.
    Last edited by RealRam; -07-10-2006 at 11:24 PM.

OrlandoPaceIsMyHero is offline Registered User

You guys need to stop criticising the head butt. In the words of my friend (both of us are D3 REAL football linemen), the head butt was the coolest thing we have EVER seen in a soccer game.

I predict that it will bring tons of popularity to the sport in the USA! Screw finesse sports!

That's just my view from in the trenches.

-OPIMH

RealRam is offline Registered User

Good point, OPIMH.

'About time they start wearing helmets in soccer and beisball catcher chest pads. LOL

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by OrlandoPaceIsMyHero
    You guys need to stop criticising the head butt. In the words of my friend (both of us are D3 REAL football linemen), the head butt was the coolest thing we have EVER seen in a soccer game.
    Maybe if these guys had squared off, my attitude might be different. The problem is, the headbutt was a total CHEAP SHOT, executed in the most cowardly way. The bigger joke was watching Zidane complain about getting the red card after his blatant lapse in judgement.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

IMO, neither team really did enough to deserve the win over the other. France was the better attacking side for the most part, but their only goal came off a penalty. At least Italy scored a "real" goal. And Les Blues completely unraveled at the end of the game. I don't know what Zidane was thinking. What a sad way to end his career. If not for that, I thought he looked like a frontrunner for the Tournament's Golden Ball. I think it was an awful idea to take Henry out of the lineup when it looked like it was going to penalties. It's true that he seemed to disappear for a good stretch during the second half, but with penalties looming, you want your best strikers on the pitch. I don't know if it would have made a difference, though. I also might have kept Ribery on the field and taken Malouda off for Trezeguet.

The thing that irked me was that both teams seemed to be playing to keep from losing rather than to win. The only time the Italian offense came alive was after they had fallen behind, and once they had equalized, the threat evaporated. In 120 minutes, the Azzuri took 5 shots and only 3 were on target despite having 55% of the possession. For most of the game, both teams were playing with only one forward. I mean I knew we were going to see some defensive football, but once the team has won the ball, they have to do something with it. France couldn't beat the Italian defense, and for like the last 20 minutes of normal time on, the Italians rarely looked like they were really trying to crack the French defense.
    Last edited by Goldenfleece; -07-10-2006 at 06:19 AM.

Rip32 is offline Registered User

In the news over here now,apparently matterazzi gave him a purple nurple and Zidane didnt react to that it was when he was walking away and Matterazzi called him GAY that Zidane took exception to.

general counsel is offline Registered User

I think the penalty call in the first half that got france the goal was a cheap ticky tacky call. From the replay, i couldnt even tell that he touched him, let alone fouled him. To me, a world cup final is like the superbowl and they shouldnt be deciding the outcome of the game unless the foul is flagrant and obvious. The player did not have an unobstructed shot at the goal even before the foul and thus i think the call was too close to make.

The headbutt was classless beyond belief. I will say this, that is the best form on a headbut i have seen since the retirement of the late great BOBO BRAZIL.

Ramming speed to all

general counsel

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

after i finished painting my bathroom,i had to make the choice weather it was more exciting to watch the paint dry or watch the soccer game,i chose to watch the paint dry and by the looks of the score i made the right choice.from what i see on espn the most interesting part was a headbutt delivered by the best player on the field.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast