HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

All right, Nick. I'm calling you out.

The NCAA Women's NIT finals are tonight right here in good ol' Springfield, MO. The matchup.... Southwest Missouri St. (about to be Missouri State University) Lady Bears VS. University of West Virginia Lady Mountaineers.

Yea, that's right little Nicky, you tell those mountain chicks that they haven't seen women's basketball until they've seen the Lady Bears of SMS...........ok, I give up. There's only so much smack one can talk about the women's NIT finals. And honestly, I have no affiliation with SMS, but it's big news here in Springfield.

So your home chicks vs. my home chicks...may the best man, er girls, er women, er ladies, er female athletes win.

"Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Re: All right, Nick. I'm calling you out.

Call me when they're playing beach volleyball.

Probable Starters:
    SMS
    G - Kari Koch
    G - Sarah Klaassen
    G - Jenni Lingor
    F - Nicole Lehman
    C - Tiff Terwelp

WVU
    C - Olayinka Sanni
    G - Yolanda Paige
    G - Sherell Sowho
    G - Chakhia Cole
    G - Meg Bulger

Hold the phone, what was that last name?!?

That's right... Meg, the younger sister of Marc Bulger is a starter for the WVU women's basketball team.

And you guys thought this thread had no tie-in to the Rams.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by HUbison; -03-31-2005 at 02:53 PM.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison
    There's only so much smack one can talk about the women's NIT finals.
    Heh, just what I was thinking.

Hold the phone, what was that last name?!?

That's right... Meg, the younger sister of Marc Bulger is a starter for the WVU women's basketball team.
    Indeed, and Marc has actually come to a couple games when not playing ball himself, from what I hear. Don't know from experience, because it's women's basketball and, God love 'em, but I don't make it out to see them. :upset:
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

The NCAA Women's NIT finals are tonight right here in good ol' Springfield, MO. The matchup.... Southwest Missouri St. (about to be Missouri State University) Lady Bears VS. University of West Virginia Lady Mountaineers.

Yea, that's right little Nicky, you tell those mountain chicks that they haven't seen women's basketball until they've seen the Lady Bears of SMS...........ok, I give up. There's only so much smack one can talk about the women's NIT finals. And honestly, I have no affiliation with SMS, but it's big news here in Springfield.

So your home chicks vs. my home chicks...may the best man, er girls, er women, er ladies, er female athletes win.
    We're 65! We're 65! We're 65! :redface:

SFCRamFan Guest

News-Leader.com | True Ozarks
    Published Friday, April 1, 2005 Rams' QB Bulger cheers on little sister

Meg Bulger scored 16 points for West Virginia; largest crowd of season packs Hammons.

By Joe Cress
    News-Leader staff

Among those watching Thursday's Women's National Invitation Tournament championship game was a Missouri sports hero rooting for the visitors from West Virginia.

St. Louis Rams quarterback Marc Bulger sat in the first row behind the Mountaineers bench, rooting for his younger sister, Meg, a sophomore guard.

Meg Bulger had 16 points and five rebounds, but her team came up short, much to the disappointment of her big brother.

"They started out pretty well," he said of the Mountaineers. "But you have to give Southwest Missouri State a lot of credit. It was a good game."

Bulger, who drove to Springfield from St. Louis Thursday, said he had been able to see Meg play "four or five times" this season. The former West Virginia football standout said he got to visit his alma mater a couple of times during the winter.

The timing of the WNIT was perfect for Bulger, who came back to St. Louis a few weeks ago to begin preseason training.

"It's not too bad right now," he said. "It's pretty laid back, just working out about three hours a day.

"I'm just glad I was able to come down here."

Bulger said his body "still hurts" from the Rams' playoff games a few months ago, and says there is still time to heal before the next season.

"I still need a few more months," he said. "The beginning of July is when I really start focusing; I just need a few weeks before camp starts."