rams_fan81 is offline Registered User

AMERICAN pastime?

We are out of the tourny, and this isnt basketball, baseball America's pastime.

This is embarrasing what do u guys think?

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

Re: AMERICAN pastime?

I don't think it means much. MLB is an international league now, so there are many countries that can field a team of world class players.

If you think about it, the one sport where no country could touch us is football. Can you imagine an international tournament of teams from Europe and Asia playing against NFL All-Stars. It would be more lopsided than the original NBA Dream Team's run through the Olympics.

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

I think Buck Martinez shouldn't have been Manager. I mean his last name is "MARTINEZ" and also I don't think Arod should have been able to play for USA. Even though he did good he is a diffrent orrientation.
    RamsFan16

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan16
    I think Buck Martinez shouldn't have been Manager. I mean his last name is "MARTINEZ" and also I don't think Arod should have been able to play for USA. Even though he did good he is a diffrent orrientation.
    Partner, Martinez and ARod are both American citizens regardless of the fact their last names end in "z".

Don't get me wrong, I wish we could play for a team based on our heritage. I'm easily one of the 25 best Welsh/Irish/Choctaw baseball players on the planet. LOL
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

adarian_too is offline Registered User

America's pastime? Sex is America's pastime. All the rest is just opium for the masses ...

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Today's 'lite' version of baseball sucks. When guys like Freddy Joe Patek, George Brett, and Lou Brock played ball, they didn't use any freakin' steroids. They played with the talent they were given and developed.

Barry Bonds? He's MLB's answer to the former East Germany Olympic Women's Wightlifting team - all steriods.

I'll live with NFLE and offseason Rams news until the preseason starts!