Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    bruce_wannabe Guest

any laker fans.....

go lakers baby

brawleyramfan is offline Registered User

Re: any laker fans.....

go lakers. beating miami was a definite confidence boost.

SFCRamFan is offline Registered User

I heard this on the radio:

LAKERS:

Losers As Kobe's Ego Rises Steadily....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SJax, a developing quarterbacks best friend...

general counsel is offline Registered User

Is elgin baylor still on the roster? What about happy hairston?

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Rambos is offline Registered User

All i can say is 81!

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

Huge Lakers Fan here! GO LAKERS!
    RamsFan16

LaRamsFanLongTime is offline Registered User

Kobe is becoming the Marquee player in the league. Give it a couple years and all will be forgiven and he will be the biggest star in the NBA. Lebron is good but he loves to give the ball away when it is clutch time.

Lakers need to hurry up and Develop their High school sensation Bynum and they will start to be a force again.

I will tell you this team though is definatly in a positive direction now.

I love my Lakers. L.A Kings, My dodgers and my Rams.
    LET'S GO DODGERS

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

i am in detroit on business and i went to the pistons/lakers game sunday night, it was my first nba game,it was ok, the pistons are very good,kobe is just amazing, i never really paid attention to what he does,but he is the best player in the nba, but he needs some players around him, all the rest of the lakers stand around and watch him put a move on someone and shoot.

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

Kobe's greatness as an individual player is tempered by his failings as a team player. Laker fans and Kobe apologists don't want to admit this, and will scream out "81" to anyone who dares challenge Kobe's greatness, but the stats don't lie.

.449 shooting % (compare to Lebron .493, D.Wade .482, and even Paul Pierce .487)

4.3/3.1 Assists to Turnovers Ratio (compare to Lebron 6.0/3.0, D.Wade 6.9/3.3, or AI 7.4/3.4)

These are the numbers of a player who, yes, can be unstoppable... but also doesn't know when to stop.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

I'm a FORMER Laker die-hard who jumped off the bandwagon when Kobe came to town and started whining, fussing, demanding and dividing.

Kobe is a great talent, but scoring 81 every game will not take the Lakers back to glory or put him in the class of Jordan, Johnson or Bird.

Until Kobe and the Chicago Bulls coaching staff vacates Los Angeles, I'm happy to be a Clipper fan.

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

Wow! Bynum 16 points tonight. Go Big Boy!
    RamsFan16

.449 shooting % (compare to Lebron .493, D.Wade .482, and even Paul Pierce .487)

4.3/3.1 Assists to Turnovers Ratio (compare to Lebron 6.0/3.0, D.Wade 6.9/3.3, or AI 7.4/3.4)
    Now lets talk about how many times Kobe makes the big shot at the end of the game. Kobe is a clutch player who is developing alot of leadership skills.Lebron is not leading his team and has missed the big shot or passed it away in many clutch situations. This has been well documented by all the anaylysts.At the end of the game Lakers need a basket, there is not one player in the whole league I would rather have shooting then Kobe.

Assist? You have to have players that will make the shot consistantly which the Lakers players do not. I have seen him pass the ball lots of times and I watch the wide open Laker miss the shot.

Yes he has been a ball hog and yes he has acted like a whiner but he is growing up. Give him a team and you all have seen what he could do. The problem is they have no team right now they are rebuilding. 3 years from now Kobe will be considered the best player in the league and the Lakers will be world champs again.

Until Kobe and the Chicago Bulls coaching staff vacates Los Angeles, I'm happy to be a Clipper fan.
    If the Rams got a coaching staff that you did not like and their best player was a jerk in your opinion would you change teams?
    LET'S GO DODGERS

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by LaRamsFanLongTime
    If the Rams got a coaching staff that you did not like and their best player was a jerk in your opinion would you change teams?
    First of all, I didn't change teams as I've always been a Clipper fan. I chose to stop supporting the Lakers for many reasons, Kobe's disruptive antics being one of them and having Phil Jackson brought in was another. I had little respect for him as a guy who took over teams that were built by others, at the cusp of greatness, then got all the accolades when they made it over the top. He did it in Chicago and then LA. I'm actually shocked that he took over the Lakers in their present state, so if he can turn them around, I might have to give him his due. That's just the way I feel and I certainly don't have a problem with Laker fans who embrace Kobe or Jackson.

Could the same thing happen for me with the Rams? It's possible, but extremely unlikely. It would take some monumental, extraordinary circumstances as my support of the Rams is on a completely different plane. I can live without the Lakers, not sure I could live without the Rams.

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by LaRamsFanLongTime
    The problem is they have no team right now they are rebuilding. 3 years from now Kobe will be considered the best player in the league and the Lakers will be world champs again.
    Dream on. The truth is, the Lakers have decent talent outside of Kobe. When Wade played with Odom, Butler and Eddie Jones, the Heat made it to the second round of the playoffs. AI has made it to the finals with comparable talent around him.

Kobe is not a team player.

In 3 years, Lebron will be considered the best player in the league, Wade and Carmelo will be his chief rivals, and Kobe will be a jump-shooting high-scoring, low percentage, has-been.

In 3 years, Lebron will be considered the best player in the league, Wade and Carmelo will be his chief rivals, and Kobe will be a jump-shooting high-scoring, low percentage, has-been.
    Wade is good but he is not kobe. The Lakers really have little talent. How many Laker games do you watch Avenger? I usually watch every game. I have been there in person and at home watching as the lakers wiff on wide open 14 footers and lay-ups.

Eddie Jones was a good laker and I would have loved to have him on the team still. Odom never seems to fit with his teams therefore he gets traded repeatedly. I watch him get pisssed off over calls and then cry the rest of the game. Kobe needs a consistant player by his side which no Laker this season has proved they could be.Kobe is drawing in 3 sometimes 4 defenders and guys are missing wide open. Odom is considered one of the most inconsistant players in the league and always has been.

The lakers will make the playoffs this year and will run into a wall of talent. You got the Suns and the Spurs that will be dominant this year in the western playoffs.

Bynum will develop, the great Lakers management will get a good point guard that could consisatntly shoot the 3 to run things and this team will again be dominant.

Kobe will be a jump-shooting high-scoring, low percentage, has-been.
    Sorry Avenger but that is just assinine.
    LET'S GO DODGERS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast