Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Re: any laker fans.....

Since you have such strong knowledge of the future, such that you can proclaim my prediction asinine, perhaps you'd like to tell me what the winning Lotto numbers will be this week.

As for Kobe vs. Wade, as a diehard Heat fan, if you asked me whether I'd trade Wade for Kobe 1 for 1 (even assuming that the Shaq/Kobe is somehow over), I'd say HELL NO!!!!

Wade can't do everything Kobe can do (not yet, anyway, as he hasn't even really tried to develop a three point shot), but he does more to make his teammates better than Kobe ever will.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam
    Wade can't do everything Kobe can do (not yet, anyway, as he hasn't even really tried to develop a three point shot), but he does more to make his teammates better than Kobe ever will.
    This is where Kobe falls short. If he ever wants to be at the level of guys like Jordon, Johnson or Bird, he has to excel while helping to get the most out of those around him. He has the ability, but I'm not so sure about the mind set.

LaRamsFanLongTime is offline Registered User

but he does more to make his teammates better than Kobe ever will.
    What teammates? When Shaq was there he consistantly out scored Kobe. Kobe gave him the ball in many big situations. That last year together in the finals big Shaq Baby played like crap and the only one that showed up was Kobe. Detroit was too much much for Shaq. Shaq is on the way out and after he leaves you will see how great your team is. You will be defeated once again by the Pistons this year and by the time you guys think your ready to make the big run Shaq will be gone and you will be a one trick pony team. Much like my unfortunate Lakers are right now.

Since you have such strong knowledge of the future, such that you can proclaim my prediction asinine, perhaps you'd like to tell me what the winning Lotto numbers will be this week.
    12 35 07 63 48 77

To make a bold prediction about a player that is dominating every defender in the league and is getting better still in his prime in my opinion is assinine sorry.If you said kobe will be scoring his 40 points and the Lakers will still suck then I could say yeah its possible.
    LET'S GO DODGERS

This is where Kobe falls short. If he ever wants to be at the level of guys like Jordon, Johnson or Bird, he has to excel while helping to get the most out of those around him. He has the ability, but I'm not so sure about the mind set.
    I could buy into that but the thing people forget is Kobe is still very young. He will mature and get his team ready to play. I think he is becoming a leader and will grow into that role.
    Last edited by LaRamsFanLongTime; -02-01-2006 at 05:01 PM.
    LET'S GO DODGERS

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by LaRamsFanLongTime
    I could buy into that but the thing people forget is Kobe is still very young. He will mature and get his team ready to play. I think he is becoming a leader and will grow into that role.
    Well, he may be relatively young, but he's in his 10th year. If he doesn't get it by now, hard to believe he ever will.

May I add, Parish, Mchale, Ainge and Pippen, Paxon, Rodman, Grant, Armstrong. Abdul Jabar, Byron Scott, Ac Green, and of course James Worthy See the difference.
    LET'S GO DODGERS

Quote Originally Posted by LaRamsFanLongTime
    That last year together in the finals big Shaq Baby played like crap and the only one that showed up was Kobe. Detroit was too much much for Shaq.
    Geez! Talk about your revisionist history!!!

In the 2004 Finals Shaq averaged 26.6 points (63.1% shooting percentage) and 10.8 rebounds. That's hardly playing like "crap" and Detroit was certainly not "too much" for him.

Kobe, on the other hand, averaged 22.6 points per game in that series, while shooting at a dismal 38.1% (17.4% on 3 pointers) and turning the ball over 3.6 times per game to only 4.4 assists.

I love how Kobe apologists like to create the impression that it was Shaq who lost that series when the truth is that Shaq was the only Laker who actually played well.

Smile Re: any laker fans.....

Lets see some defensive stats. Shaq was not getting down the floor and just looked tired.

I love how Kobe apologists like to create the impression that it was Shaq who lost that series when the truth is that Shaq was the only Laker who actually played well.
    To be perfectly honest AV I think the whole team did not show up including Kobe they just looked dismal. I give Detroit alot a credit and think they are really an amazing team.

I was sad to see Shaq leave and will always remember those 3 championships. I do think you build the team around the young guy that is not injured all the time though and that was the right thing to do. The drama that unfolded was on both sides and they both acted like babies.

I do think it is unfair to jump all over Kobe now because the Lakers have struggled. They are rebuilding and it will take time to get some consistancy.
    LET'S GO DODGERS

That's hardly playing like "crap" and Detroit was certainly not "too much" for him.
    They were in 05 lol sorry had too.
    LET'S GO DODGERS

Shaq was playing on one leg in that series and it still went 7.

Lol, I knew that would sting a little. I hope Pat Riley leads that team far I just think Detroit is too tough.
    LET'S GO DODGERS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12