Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Barry Bonds

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Lightbulb Barry Bonds

In my humble opinion, I believe Barry Bonds is underrated as a baseball player. Some of you are going to look at this and say, "Tx, BB underrated? He is always on the news?" Yea, but not always focused on baseball. This guy has one of the best gloves in the game, runs the bases well, and who has a better eye in baseball than Barry currently? Not to mention, FIVE HR's to start the season in the first four games.

Last year was no fluke, Barry has been proving how good he is his entire career. His one major flaw: Has NEVER had a decent postseason.

huntdux Guest
    Biggest ego in the universe. Was extremely rude to St. Louis media, especially one of the "nice guy" reporters. It was so bad, one of the anchors called Bonds a loser while they were still on the air. Too bad he had to be the one to top Mac.

Your right, his attitude sucks. Talent wise though, you have to give it to him.

DJRamFan Guest
    Talent fine, but he's an ass and for that reason alone i would not want him on my team - even if he hits 100 HR's. He'll never win the World Series because of his attitude. Every player needs to lie down for the rest of the team. If you were a Giant, would you feel like Bonds would lie down for you? No way...

huntdux Guest
    I can't deny his talent, but I don't HAVE to give him anything. I don't see him as any better than A-Rod or Edmonds. It's a TEAM game!!! Now let me get back to my recliner in the locker room, you sit over there. LOL!!!

Just needlin' ya Tx!!

Talking Cool Hunt

Hey Hunt,

DJ and I go back and forth like this all the time. Its all in fun.

Plus, it is the offseason. Trying to calm myself, that second coat of paint just finished drying.

:lid:

Aries51 is offline Registered User
    Bonds is a choke artist when it counts the most.The Pirates had a couple of teams that should have gone to the World Series,but Bonds and Bonilla couldnt hit the broad side of a barn against the Braves.That being said,Who thinks Bonds has a chance of breaking Aarons record?
    ST.LOUIS RAMS:THE MOST FRUSTRATING TEAM IN THE NFL!!!

sprtsmac Guest
    Just a little note about Bonds being a choke artist. Yes, he has had his problems in the post season. But, if he didn't come through at other times when the pressure is on; his teams wouldn't even have been there. Another thing, through out the history of baseball; even some of the greatest players had their problems in the post season. His attitude; your right, it does stink. But it does appear to be getting better. And from a playing perspective, he is fun to watch. McGwire is one of my favorite all time players and I didn't want to see Barry break his record. But at the same time at least one of the best players of all time broke that record. But from out here, where I get to see a lot of Giant games; Barry has lightened up and is enjoying the game more than he used to. Plus, it seems that his attitude is changing around the fans and even the media. Well, at least the media out here. As for breaking Hank's record, I was always hoping it would be big Mac. But at the pace Bonds is going he will do it. But it probably won't last, as it will be broke by Sosa and then by A-Rod.

DJRamFan Guest

Re: Cool Hunt

Originally posted by txramsfan
    DJ and I go back and forth like this all the time. Its all in fun.

Plus, it is the offseason. Trying to calm myself, that second coat of paint just finished drying.
    all in fun

<yawn> draft time? you mean i finally have a reason (other than school) to get my lazy ass outta bed....

Bonds breaking Aaron's record? Could happen, but i don't want it to. Some buddies of mine and i were all talking about this the other day. If you look at Bonds and even McGuire, these guys weren't always power hitters by nature. You go back to the Bash Brothers and McGuire was a stick. Same thing with Bonds in Steeltown. After these guys decided to bulk it up did they suddenly start breaking records. Go back in time and see how much creatine and adrenasoliminacide Ruth and Aaron took.

sprtsmac Guest
    I do believe Ruth had hot dogs to power his way thru the record books. DJ's right, those guys didn't have the training/conditioning that players have today. Or supplements.

huntdux Guest
    Originally posted by sprtsmac
    I do believe Ruth had hot dogs to power his way thru the record books. DJ's right, those guys didn't have the training/conditioning that players have today. Or supplements.
    Franks, beer and a good Cuban cigar! LOL!!

DJRamFan Guest
    don't forget all the women

sprtsmac Guest
    Yeah, they don't make ball players like that anymore. Long live the BABE!

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

bonds

I don't have a strong opinion on bonds' attitude, but I do have one on how to pitch to the mlb darling. Brush that guy back with a little chin music. If you watch him bat he hugs the plate more than any current hitter. I dont understand why these mlb pitchers are afraid to brush the guy back. Maybe they are afraid that the steroid rumors are true, and he might kick their asses.

DJRamFan Guest
    good call ferter, i had noticed that too. They like to just walk him or pitch to him....morons. get him off the plate a little and you can work a little better.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast