Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

Re: Barry Bonds Passes Babe Ruth With Home Run Number 715

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike
    Barry Bonds is a cheat, a fraud and a jerk of epic proportions. He has benefited from using steroids, as have many others. All the hand/eye coordination in the world is not going to get you 70 plus home runs in a season. Strength gets you big home run numbers, and steroids give you strength. Look at Bonds as a Pirate, and look at him as a Giant. That should tell you all you need to know.

That said, MLB is just as guilty as Bonds in creating the whole steroid mess. For years, they buried their head in the sand and refused to acknowledge the problem. They knew full well what was going on and chose to do nothing to stop it. Any talk of an asterisk has zero credibility.
    What has he ever done to you? Did he win 8 MVPs because he is a fraud? Did he pay Stern to win those MVPs? Is it his fault that a Pitcher made 715 bad pitches to him? No it takes the right pitch to get a Home Run, you can take as many sterioids as you went, heck you can look like Arnold Swartzinager (SP) and still not hit a Home Run. I'm sick of the fraud and cheating excuses not to mention how is he a jerk? Do you think he chooses to have the media follow him around all the time? No! Its there choice!

Man, people need to lay off of him.!

RamsFan16

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan16
    What has he ever done to you? Did he win 8 MVPs because he is a fraud? Did he pay Stern to win those MVPs? Is it his fault that a Pitcher made 715 bad pitches to him? No it takes the right pitch to get a Home Run, you can take as many sterioids as you went, heck you can look like Arnold Swartzinager (SP) and still not hit a Home Run. I'm sick of the fraud and cheating excuses not to mention how is he a jerk? Do you think he chooses to have the media follow him around all the time? No! Its there choice!

Man, people need to lay off of him.!
    Lay off of him? Don't hold your breath. Bonds is getting everything he deserves. I don't need to have Bonds do anything to me to know he's a jerk. It's a fact, deal with it. Did he win 8 MVP's because he is a fraud? Not all 8. And for the record, if he paid Stern, he'd be winning NBA MVP's. Sorry, but Barry Bonds just brings out my ire and disdain.

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike
    Lay off of him? Don't hold your breath. Bonds is getting everything he deserves. I don't need to have Bonds do anything to me to know he's a jerk. It's a fact, deal with it. Did he win 8 MVP's because he is a fraud? Not all 8. And for the record, if he paid Stern, he'd be winning NBA MVP's. Sorry, but Barry Bonds just brings out my ire and disdain.
    My bad I meant Selig. But Bonds shouldn't have anything coming at him, he has admited to no steroids although some people may not believe that, he said what he thinks and I'd believe him over the media any day. Tell me how you think he is a jerk? Old childhood bully or something? He hasn't said anything bad about fans, he gets things thrown at him, he gets booed but yet does he come out and say "These fans are all jerks" No he lets it slide. He is a jerk in no way, shape, or form IMO. He is a human, everyone treats him like the mut or the black sheep, the person who doesn't belong, even though he is one of the greatest players to ever play the game.

EDIT: I don't mean to sound like a butthole, just having my daily argument
    RamsFan16

EDIT: I don't mean to sound like a butthole, just having my daily argument
    Not a problem dude, things have been a little too sedate around here anyway.

Tell me how you think he is a jerk?
    Read the SI.com exerpt "The Truth About Barry Bonds And Steroids" from "Game of Shadows" and get back to me. It's very enlightening.
    Last edited by r8rh8rmike; -05-31-2006 at 02:27 AM.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Well, I'm not going to make Bonds into St. Giant or anything as I do think that he's brought on as much as he deserves with some of his off the field antics. However, he doesn't deserve an asterisk behind his name no more than Maris did.

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan
    Well, I'm not going to make Bonds into St. Giant or anything as I do think that he's brought on as much as he deserves with some of his off the field antics. However, he doesn't deserve an asterisk behind his name no more than Maris did.
    If anyone deserves an asterisk, it's MLB.

mike, I'll give you that one. To me though, he hasn't broke the record yet....that's still owned by Henry Aaron. He just passed the second guy on the list.

Look, I can see both sides. However, what I can't see is how passionate both sides can be. Does it really matter in the grand scheme of things? So what if he hits 900 home runs, how many World Series rings did it bring him?

As of right now, ZERO. And to me, that's what it's all about.

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan
    mike, I'll give you that one. To me though, he hasn't broke the record yet....that's still owned by Henry Aaron. He just passed the second guy on the list.

Look, I can see both sides. However, what I can't see is how passionate both sides can be. Does it really matter in the grand scheme of things? So what if he hits 900 home runs, how many World Series rings did it bring him?

As of right now, ZERO. And to me, that's what it's all about.
    You're absolutely right Tx. It's all about the ring. Aaron has one, Ruth has one, Mays has one, Bonds doesn't.

As far as 714 and then 755, let's face it, the MLB home run record is THE biggest of any sport, and is always going to spark passionate debate.

HUbison is online now Superbowl MVP

Ruth has one
    Well, actually Ruth has 8, 4 with the Sox, 4 with the Yanks.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison
    Well, actually Ruth has 8, 4 with the Sox, 4 with the Yanks.
    I saw this one comin'.LOL

rams_fan81 is offline Registered User

At least now Barry is playing nice and as of now hasn't been a jerk.

BRM, how can it be cheating when MLB hadn't made it illegal yet? And you didn't cover the race of TEXAN so there....

At one point time yes they were, and you are right it was illegal in the U.S. but for some reason MLB didn't test for it.

Hey, I could care less either way. However, I'm just saying I'm not the Moral Police by any stretch of the imagination and if some of you are....I hope your closet is spic and span.

rams! is offline Registered User

It was a sad day for baseball.....that cheating as$ %^@$ @$^$@% sack of $@%#$%$@$#!!!!

LaRamsFanLongTime is offline Registered User

The problem is you have guys playing for millions of dollars they will take any edge they can. Baseball is stupid for letting the mockery of the game happen. Baseball has created this monster and Im happy they have to deal with it every day. By Bonds having the numbers that he does the controversy is sparked and continually gets attention.I hope Bonds hits 1000 so fans will never forget this plague on the game. Baseball has become a nightmare ever since the strike in the 90's.

With that being said I have no problem with Bonds. He went and made himself millions and the most talked about man in the sport.He did what was allowed. I love it how Rome stated that Bonds hit 715 and no one cared. Yet he was talking about it. We were talking about it. As a matter of fact every news organization(not just sports networks) were talking about it. Everyone wants to condemn him yet I tell you what, If the NFL did not have the great drug program they do all these athletes would be on the juice as well. Someone is paying you Millions based on your ability to be a top notch athlete you just might break out the needle yourself.

I do not look as Bonds in the same light as Ruth as a matter of fact I do not see Aaron in the same light. More at bats to get there and neither Bonds nor Aaron ever pitched a no hitter.
    LET'S GO DODGERS

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast