Bruce=GOAT is offline Registered User

Bonds steroid abuse

Here is a great read for those of you that have not read it yet. This is from the S.I. article detailing Bonds use/abuse of steroids.http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...313/index.html

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Re: Bonds steroid abuse

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce=GOAT
    Here is a great read for those of you that have not read it yet. This is from the S.I. article detailing Bonds use/abuse of steroids.http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...313/index.html
    Fascinating. Man I hate Barry Bonds. This guy needs to crash and burn, BIG TIME. Nice post.

Bruce=GOAT is offline Registered User

Fascinating. Man I hate Barry Bonds. This guy needs to crash and burn, BIG TIME. Nice post.
    Thanks a lot for the kind words. I was mesmerized once I started reading the article and couldn't stop till I finished.

RamsFan4ever is offline Registered User

yea nice post and yea i hate him too

txramsfan is offline Registered User

See, this is what I don't understand. If any of you have met Barry Bonds and were put off by his actions fine, but if you never met the man how can you hate him? Why do you hate him? You may dislike his actions but you can't sling the term hate around frivoulsly. It's just not right.

Now, about the steriods. Personally, I think it's overblown. You still have to have great hand/eye coordination. Steroids doesn't assist you in that aspect. Honestly, in Bond's case, he really didn't necessarily need them. IMHO, all the steroids does for Bonds is allow him to hit a 450 foot home run instead of one maybe 415.

Bonds before his knee injury, may have been one of the best baseball players in this era. So he's arrogant, there's a shocker. A pro athlete that's arrogant, never heard that before.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Now, about the steriods. Personally, I think it's overblown. You still have to have great hand/eye coordination. Steroids doesn't assist you in that aspect. Honestly, in Bond's case, he really didn't necessarily need them. IMHO, all the steroids does for Bonds is allow him to hit a 450 foot home run instead of one maybe 415.
    Boy I don't know, tx. Steroids HAVE proven to do that very thing. Reflexes are improved, eye sight improves...everybody just looks at the big muscles, but it's like turning back the clock for guys like Bonds.

I'm not saying Bonds wasn't good before the juice, but it seems pretty obvious that whatever enhancement he was taking made a huge difference. He had his best years from the age of 36-40. That just doesn't happen naturally.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Well you have a point. I'm anxiously awaiting the ClanRam chemist, adarian, to chime in on this one.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan
    Well you have a point. I'm anxiously awaiting the ClanRam chemist, adarian, to chime in on this one.
    Hmm, I wonder how Bonds would play on weed? What do you think adarian?
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

See, this is what I don't understand. If any of you have met Barry Bonds and were put off by his actions fine, but if you never met the man how can you hate him? Why do you hate him? You may dislike his actions but you can't sling the term hate around frivoulsly. It's just not right.
    Did you read the article Tx? It's very detailed, supported by dates, documents and corroborated by a lot of first hand testimonials. It's pretty clear that Bond's treats people like garbage, is abusive, has no respect for his family, is a fraud, a liar, antagonistic, and snubs his nose at any notion that he has ever done anything wrong.

I don't need to meet this guy to know he is the worst kind of individual. If you want to give him the benefit of the doubt, fine, but IMO he deserves the disdain he is getting.

I just know that Barry Bonds has done nothing to me personally. I think it's very sad that he gets objects thrown at him ON HIS JOB. I don't think he would go into a 7-11 and throw a battery at a clerk.
    Last edited by txramsfan; -05-17-2006 at 07:57 PM.

I just know that Barry Bonds has done nothing to me personally. I think it's very sad that he gets objects thrown at him ON HIS JOB. I don't think he would go into a 7-11 and throw a battery at a clerk.
    I agree completely that he should not get things thrown at him. No question. But as a guy who has a history of treating people in a cruel and abusive way, as a guy who has no respect for anyone but himself, as a guy with despicable character and as a guy that flippantly shrugs off any culpability of wrongdoing, he most definitely deserves any of the hate or contept being thrown his way. Again, no one has to meet Barry Bonds to see what kind of "man" he is.

I urge anyone who has not read the article to do so. It is detailed and extremely credible in painting a picture of a bad individual.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

I think it had a lot to do with how quickly he was able to come back from injury and his ability to perform at a high level over a longer period of time. If he didn't need them, he shouldn't have taken them. However, his rapid decline has coincided with the scandal and closer scrutiny on his activities. Maybe it was just a worse injury than he had in the past, or maybe without the 'roids he would have been playing like this for the last several years. Throwing batteries and stuff is a bit much, but I just wish either he would retire or the Giants organization would have the integrity to say they're not going to be party to this any longer. I don't truly hate him, but I sure don't think very highly of him.

I think it's a travesty that one of these days there are going to be two sets of asterisks in the record books: one set for records that date back to when the seasons were shorter, and another set for the days when known substance-abusers were allowed to keep playing. It's really disheartening to even have to be asking yourself whether a great player got there on his own or if he used illegal performance-enhancers to give him the advantage over others.

I thought it was interesting to hear about the debate between FIFA, the governing body of world soccer, and the World Anti-Doping Agency in regards to appropriate punishment for first-time offenders on drug offenses. FIFA says it should be a six month suspension, whereas WADA is trying to get them to adopt an automatic 2 year ban. Now what's the punishment for a first-time offender in the new baseball crackdown that's supposed to show everybody they mean business? (Ten days)