Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Champions League final

  1. #1
    RosieJones's Avatar
    RosieJones is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    138
    Rep Power
    2

    Champions League final

    Bayern Munich v. Borussia Dortmund

    Both clubs destroyed the competition in the semis to make the first all German final.

    So to all the other soccer fans on the site; who do you like?


  2. #2
    Ramblin` Ram's Avatar
    Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Nation of Rams
    Age
    38
    Posts
    2,401
    Rep Power
    54

    Re: Champions League final

    Dortmund. outside of Chelsea and Ajax they are my favorite football team.on the lead up to WWII they were anti-Nazi, their entire boardroom (22 people) were murdered for it. both clubs are known as Jewish clubs..which is kinda ironic that the week Germany finally conquered the whole of Europe (albeit at football) they do so with both clubs being Jewish.even tho Munich was in general a pro-Nazi area. suck on that fat one Adolf.

  3. #3
    Bing69's Avatar
    Bing69 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    775
    Rep Power
    9

    Re: Champions League final

    I have to go for Bayern. After seeing Chelsea rob them of the final last year i would like to see them lift it finally. It would be a good story if Dortmund won, but they would have to turn out their best performance to nulify that Bayern side.

    Interesting side story with Gotze isnt it? ...
    Tampa_Ram likes this.

  4. #4
    RosieJones's Avatar
    RosieJones is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    138
    Rep Power
    2

    Re: Champions League final

    I wasn't so surprised that Gotze is joining Bayern, but the timing of the announcement sure is strange. Seems like head games to me.

    Juergen Klopp surely can't play him in the final. How could you totally trust him?

  5. #5
    RosieJones's Avatar
    RosieJones is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    138
    Rep Power
    2

    Re: Champions League final

    Quote Originally Posted by Ramblin` Ram View Post
    Dortmund. outside of Chelsea and Ajax they are my favorite football team.on the lead up to WWII they were anti-Nazi, their entire boardroom (22 people) were murdered for it. both clubs are known as Jewish clubs..which is kinda ironic that the week Germany finally conquered the whole of Europe (albeit at football) they do so with both clubs being Jewish.even tho Munich was in general a pro-Nazi area. suck on that fat one Adolf.
    I didn't know that Bayern and Dortmund. That's really interesting.

    I'll be pulling for Dortmund as well.
    One, because I like the way the club is run and how they conduct business on and off the pitch. Secondly, my intense dislike of Arjen Robben makes it almost impossible to root too hard for Bayern.

  6. #6
    RuffRams's Avatar
    RuffRams is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Earth
    Age
    25
    Posts
    1,179
    Rep Power
    13

    Re: Champions League final

    Very surprised, esp dortmund, that bith german teams destroyed la ligas and uefas best

    Edit: ill be rooting against munich as well. But I think ribery will lead em to a win


  7. #7
    Tampa_Ram's Avatar
    Tampa_Ram is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Bat Yam, Israel
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,951
    Rep Power
    29

    Re: Champions League final

    I'll be rooting for Der FCB, Die Rotten, Die Bayern, the one and only Bayern Munchen!!!!!!! The greatest and best football club in the world!!! I will be wearing my Bayern jersey and watching on as they destroy BVB(hopefully).

    My prediciton - Bayern beats BVB 3-1

    Mandzukic, Robben and Muller score
    Ribery with two assists

    Can't wait till Gotze joins them next season.
    Still not sold on Pep coming in, but i will give it a wait and see approach.
    As for Robben, sometimes i like him, sometimes i don't.

    With this being the end for Heynckes as manager, i hope he goes out on top with a nice win.
    sosa39rams likes this.


  8. #8
    sosa39rams's Avatar
    sosa39rams is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton, On
    Posts
    5,409
    Rep Power
    43

    Re: Champions League final

    I was born in Munich, so you can imagine Bayern is my squad!! It's so nice to see an all German final, though I think Bayern's firepower is too much.

    Gotze joining us next season is spectacular! The best young German footballer, only if he could convince Marco Reus to join him!

    As for Robben, Tampa, he's horrible. I can't wait for Pep to get here and sell him immediately.

    MIA SAN MIA!!
    Tampa_Ram likes this.


    THE DREAM TEAM

  9. #9
    Ramblin` Ram's Avatar
    Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Nation of Rams
    Age
    38
    Posts
    2,401
    Rep Power
    54

    Re: Champions League final

    Quote Originally Posted by Bing69 View Post
    I have to go for Bayern. After seeing Chelsea rob them of the final last year i would like to see them lift it finally. It would be a good story if Dortmund won, but they would have to turn out their best performance to nulify that Bayern side.

    Interesting side story with Gotze isnt it? ...
    i wouldn`t say Chelsea robbed them..defending is part of the game too and Chelsea scored more than them.

    now when Liverpool beat Chelsea a few years ago with a goal that never crossed the line,that was a robbing..like when the Seahawks beat Green Bay by getting 6 points for a endzone interception

    Gotze had a 32m release clause but Dortmund should have had a clause that players can`t leave for a german rival or something..Bayern have poached the best players from german sides for decades but never let a player leave when they want to..only Ballack managed to do it after he waited till his contract run out.
    Dortmund been badly run in the past..got world class fans that fill a big world class stadium,world class youth system and scouting and coach but somehow still end up selling their best players to balance the books..Lewandowski is set to leave and Bayern favorites for him too..they just handing titles to their rivals instead of winning them themselves

  10. #10
    Tampa_Ram's Avatar
    Tampa_Ram is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Bat Yam, Israel
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,951
    Rep Power
    29

    Re: Champions League final

    Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post

    As for Robben, Tampa, he's horrible. I can't wait for Pep to get here and sell him immediately.

    MIA SAN MIA!!
    If Robben knew he was allowed to pass, and had a right leg he could kick with, he would be tremendous.
    He will be gone, and i don't mind it much. I say Man U grabs him up.

    And as always-

    MIA SAN MIA!!!!
    sosa39rams likes this.


  11. #11
    Ramblin` Ram's Avatar
    Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Nation of Rams
    Age
    38
    Posts
    2,401
    Rep Power
    54

    Re: Champions League final

    Robben was electric at Chelsea with Damien Duff on the counter attack they destroyed many teams..his legs were made of Balsa wood tho so it was good for him and Chelsea when Real Madrid offered 24m for him.

  12. #12
    sosa39rams's Avatar
    sosa39rams is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton, On
    Posts
    5,409
    Rep Power
    43

    Re: Champions League final

    Quote Originally Posted by Tampa_Ram View Post
    If Robben knew he was allowed to pass, and had a right leg he could kick with, he would be tremendous.
    He will be gone, and i don't mind it much. I say Man U grabs him up.

    And as always-

    MIA SAN MIA!!!!
    Exactly my thoughts. Can't pass and has NO right leg. Pep loves to swing the ball around, I wouldn't be surprised if Robben being sold is the first thing he does.
    Tampa_Ram likes this.


    THE DREAM TEAM

  13. #13
    Tampa_Ram's Avatar
    Tampa_Ram is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Bat Yam, Israel
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,951
    Rep Power
    29

    Re: Champions League final

    Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    Exactly my thoughts. Can't pass and has NO right leg. Pep loves to swing the ball around, I wouldn't be surprised if Robben being sold is the first thing he does.
    I do have to give him props though, even with every team knowing he is most likely going to cut inside to make a kick, he still gets it done. But he will still be gone. We have more then enough depth on the team. I think Shaqiri could fill in for him and create more goals with his passing. If Pep goes that route that is.
    sosa39rams likes this.


  14. #14
    sosa39rams's Avatar
    sosa39rams is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton, On
    Posts
    5,409
    Rep Power
    43

    Re: Champions League final

    Quote Originally Posted by Tampa_Ram View Post
    I do have to give him props though, even with every team knowing he is most likely going to cut inside to make a kick, he still gets it done. But he will still be gone. We have more then enough depth on the team. I think Shaqiri could fill in for him and create more goals with his passing. If Pep goes that route that is.
    Maybe, but we still do have Kroos, Gotze, Muller, and Ribery.. I'd think those would be our attacking mids, with Schweiny and Martinez as holding and defensive mids.
    Tampa_Ram likes this.


    THE DREAM TEAM

  15. #15
    Tampa_Ram's Avatar
    Tampa_Ram is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Bat Yam, Israel
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,951
    Rep Power
    29

    Re: Champions League final

    Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    Maybe, but we still do have Kroos, Gotze, Muller, and Ribery.. I'd think those would be our attacking mids, with Schweiny and Martinez as holding and defensive mids.
    True, i really have idea how it will work out. I just figured Shaqiri since he always come in for Ribery when he goes out. All i know is that if Pep messes this up people will be calling for his head and he will be gone after one season. I wish Jupp wasn't retiring.
    sosa39rams likes this.


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Juventus v Chelsea in Champions League
    By txramsfan in forum OTHER SPORTS
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: -03-12-2009, 12:23 AM
  2. Gold League Final Standings & Playoffs
    By evil disco man in forum FANTASY
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: -12-12-2007, 07:18 PM
  3. Who will win the Champions League?
    By Rip32 in forum LOUNGE
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: -04-17-2006, 07:12 AM
  4. NFC Champions
    By txramsfan in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: -01-29-2002, 04:41 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •