STLRAMSFAN Guest

Congratulations to the St. Louis Cardinals

This may not be were it belongs but this is worthy of posting a World Series win by the same town our beloved Rams come from in the most viewed forum.

There have been many years we have had better regular season success. But I can not remember a team pulling together and relying on each other more then this team did this postseason. They have four starting pitchers that are going to be free agents and their CF may not be back. Eck, Rolen, and Pujols were playing hurt. Pujols only has one RBI in the NLDS and was not hitting well in the World Series. But Yadi who was there worst batter all year was perhaps one of their best from the start of the playoff. They barely made the playoffs after Houston had a huge winning streak to try to come from behind but they did just enough to hold them off. Weaver was released by the Angels and turned into an Angel in the postseason. He looked like a bust in his first month in a Cardinal uniform. But he turned into another great acquisition by Jocketty (GM). He had the highest regular season ERA of any pitcher to get the win in the World Series clinching game. The Cardinals 83 wins were the lowest ever total by any team to win it all. The Cardinals lost players they came into the season counting on along the way such as Mulder the #2 pitcher entering the season Izringhausen their closer for several years now. Pujols went down for a month during a stretch where he was playing better baseball then any player ever had he was on pace for a monstrous season. Edmonds went down for an extended period of time and did not play hardly at all near the end of the season. But two veteran castoffs Spiezio and Preston Wilson stepped in and played well and the pitching coaches son Duncan a rookie came in and chipped in with over 20HRs. Jocketty the GM was criticized for not pulling off his magic at the deadline and after the deadline. He only got players such as Belliard, Weaver, and Preston Wilson and they did not resign Grudzielanek to play second in the off-season. The front office has a new stadium and more revenue coming in but they held their budget at where it was. People kept asking about why we did not get a proven second baseman, outfielder and a better starting pitcher when we let Mark Grudzielanek (2nd), Reggie Sanders (OF), and Matt Morris (SP) walk via free agency and they failed in the pursuit of a big name pitcher and outfielder they got out bid on. Well Walt did come through at second he picked up Belliard for almost nothing, Duncan and Wilson provided good production in the outfield, and Weaver became one of our best post-season pitchers.

We have our own David and Goliath. David Eckstein the smallest guy on the field at 5 foot and some change wins the world series MVP he was a walk on in college.

Congratulations Cardinals on a true team and organizational World Series Championship. Rams lets do the same in 2006 any one in can win the Cards proved that.

Last edited by STLRAMSFAN; -10-28-2006 at 10:57 AM.

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Re: Congratulations to the St. Louis Cardinals

That'd be something St. Louis Cards = World Series
    St. Louis Rams = SuperBowl

Would that be like a historical type of thingy if that happened? lol

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Yes congrats to the St Louis Cardinals. They had their act together in the series and they won it easily.

I watched some of the games when I was in St Louis, and some of the World Series and it was interesting, but it was still baseball to me. I just don't get baseball at all. The St Louis people certainly like it.

Apparently there is a Rams/Cardinals connection per some of the St Louis people. The Cardinal win should mean good karma for the Rams, this week and this season...if you believe in that sort of thing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

STL Football Fan is offline Registered User

Well put STLRAMSFAN!

How bout them Redbirds!

BigGameHolt is offline Registered User

GO CARDS BABY! i believed in the redbirds the whole time when all the experts picked the cardinals to lose in the NLDS, the NLCS and the WS. Too bad they are morons! Now my adrenaline is pumping after viewing my first WS for my favorite baseball team, and lets funnel the energy to beat SD on Sunday!
    :clanram: BIG GAME Holt