RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

ESPN Fires Harold Reynolds

New postPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:08 pm Post subject: ESPN Fires Harold Reynolds Reply with quote
    http://msnbc.msn.com/id/14026863/

ESPN fires baseball analyst Reynolds

Cable network doesn't give reason for dismissing 11-year commentator.

BRISTOL, Conn. - Harold Reynolds is out at ESPN, reportedly fired from his job as a baseball analyst.

Reynolds, a member of the “Baseball Tonight” team for 11 years, made his last appearance on the show Sunday night, ESPN spokesman Josh Krulewitz said Tuesday.

The network refused to comment on a New York Post report that said Reynolds was dismissed, or to provide any details regarding his departure.

“All I can say is he is no longer working here,” Krulewitz said.

Reynolds, who played 12 major league seasons, joined ESPN in 1996. In addition to his work on Baseball Tonight, the former Gold Glove-winning second baseman also covered the College World Series and the Little League World Series for the network.

ESPN already was dealing with the loss of another baseball analyst, Peter Gammons, who has been off the air since he was stricken with a brain aneurysm on June 27.

© 2006 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Thats a shaem, I really liked Harold Reynolds. I believe anywhere he goes will make that a better and more informative place!

RamsFan16

RamsFan4ever is offline Registered User

Re: ESPN Fires Harold Reynolds

11 seasons and hes gone.... I never really listen to Commentators cause I always play music when watching a game

laram0 is online now Superbowl MVP

Rumor has it...again it's only a rumor. Harold was caught acting inappropriately with some females at a bar.... again, just a rumor I heard on one of the radio stations here in Massachusetts. I hope it's not true I liked Harold, thought he was very informative.

rams#1 Guest

I like females But I got a feeling somthing went down that probably should not have went down. most of the times a rumor means nothing because people know days lie to get media attention.