throwback week

txramsfan is offline Registered User

If it's PB vs Vashon....who ya got?

Wow, what a state final that would be. I know Fox Midwest will televise that one. My hometown boy Tyler Hansbrough made the McDonalds All America team. I don't know him but I know his daddy.

Anyway, Vashon and Bluff have a tough road in front of them but they are the two teams projected to make it to the 5A Finals.

Give me an M
    Great big U
    Give me an L
    Large E
    End it with an S

What's it spell? MULES
    LOUDER......... MULES
    One more time MULES

Have to go with Poplar Bluff in an upset of the #1 team in the nation

Bluff 67

Vashon 62

Re: If it's PB vs Vashon....who ya got?

For those of you who get Fox Sports Midwest, please watch this Championship game. Tyler Hansbrough of Poplar Bluff is up for the Naismith Award for the best HS player in the nation, and Vashon is ranked #1 by the USA Today and has a 60 game winning streak.

It's on at 8 PM CST March 12th. Should be a classic.

I'm shocked currently at all the fans in Missouri. This could be the best HS State Championship in the history of Missouri Basketball and no one wants to talk about it.

Unbelievable.

SFCRamFan Guest

It is PB 32 - Vashon 29 at the half. Quite a game TX. Tyler is one hell of a player...should be an interesting second half.

SFCRamFan Guest

PB: 72 - Vashon: 56

What a game TX; defending champs against the #1 team in the nation. Tyler is quite a player and will be great at UNC; his brother is a serious player as well. Congrats on the win TX!

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by SFCRamFan
    PB: 72 - Vashon: 56

What a game TX; defending champs against the #1 team in the nation. Tyler is quite a player and will be great at UNC; his brother is a serious player as well. Congrats on the win TX!
    Ditto to all that. Those guys were impressive in every aspect. TH did what he wanted to, when he wanted to. And BH is no slouch either. I see both those guys doing well at the next level.

I had lunch today after church with a family from PB. They were telling me that the father of those boys still holds the state high jump record, and their mother is a former Miss Missouri. With genes like that I guess they're bound for greatness. :redface:
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

And on another note, his grandfather was a pitcher for the St. Louis Cardinals, and his uncle Sean is a two time national long driving champion.