Thread: Kobe Boooooed

LaRamsFanLongTime is offline Registered User

Kobe Boooooed

Kobe got to meet the boo birds last night at the season/home opener for the Lakers. No one deserved it more then him. It seems I'm not the only Laker fan that wants him gone. Im actually part of the majority.

LET'S GO DODGERS

ramsanddodgers is offline Registered User

Re: Kobe Boooooed

I'm not so sure it is Kobe as much as it is Buss they were booing.

Probably both.

Kobe for his antics and Buss for his failure to get quality personnel to help the selfish player (Kobe), but then who would really want to come play 3rd fiddle on a team where there is no room for a 2nd fiddle.

I watch very little NBA until the play-offs and then only watch them if the Lakers are in it.
    RnD

GO RAMS!!

I'm not so sure it is Kobe as much as it is Buss they were booing.
    It was when Kobe was introduced that the fans let him have it.
    LET'S GO DODGERS

thoey is offline Registered User

Let me state that I am a Laker fan first. I am a Kobe fan, but definitely liked him a lot better before the downward spiral that started in Colorado.

But, answer me this. With regards to asking to be traded, what is the difference between what Kobe did and what KG did? Both were stuck on bad teams where they were the team. Both gave management years to rebuild around them. Both got tired of waiting.

To me, Mitch Kupchak should have been fired at the trade deadline of last year and Jerry West should have been brought back and given full control before the start of this pre-season.
    This space for rent...

Quote Originally Posted by thoey View Post
    Let me state that I am a Laker fan first. I am a Kobe fan, but definitely liked him a lot better before the downward spiral that started in Colorado.

But, answer me this. With regards to asking to be traded, what is the difference between what Kobe did and what KG did? Both were stuck on bad teams where they were the team. Both gave management years to rebuild around them. Both got tired of waiting.

To me, Mitch Kupchak should have been fired at the trade deadline of last year and Jerry West should have been brought back and given full control before the start of this pre-season.
    I am not sure anyone said there was a difference, or insinuated such. All I said was that Kobe is a ball hog and it is hard to win a championship if one does not play with a team. The Lakers on offense is pretty much one guy dribbling and shooting while 4 team mates watch him because they don't want to get in the way.

He had stars come to play with him in hopes of getting a ring only to have the season screwed up by Kobe's Colorado extramarital antics. It is so much about Kobe it is sad,

That being said, Kobe is an amazing player and draws his fans but it is hard to win when it is a one-man team. Odom is the closest thing Kobe has to making the comparison to Jordan/Pippin.

But then I don't watch NBA so I have no idea what I am rambling on about. :\
    RnD

GO RAMS!!

The reason I asked what the difference was is that last year everyone, well, maybe everyone besides Timberwolves fans were on KG's side. Kobe asks for the same thing and it is the spoiled brat wants his way again.

And those stars that came to play with him just to get a ring? Over the Hill coat tail riders. Both were superstars at one time but didn't get their ring then, came to see if Kobe could do it for them.

Kobe's biggest downfall will always be not shutting his mouth and playing with Shaq for as long as he could. I am not a Shaq fan either but between the two teams had a hard time covering them.

I hear you on watching the games. I catch five or six during the regular season and then watch most of the playoffs. Unfortunately, I live in Spurs territory and have to put up with them. They get too obnoxious and I just bring up ".4".

This space for rent...

Quote Originally Posted by thoey View Post
    The reason I asked what the difference was is that last year everyone, well, maybe everyone besides Timberwolves fans were on KG's side. Kobe asks for the same thing and it is the spoiled brat wants his way again.

Exactly

And those stars that came to play with him just to get a ring? Over the Hill coat tail riders. Both were superstars at one time but didn't get their ring then, came to see if Kobe could do it for them.

I agree that they were over-the-hill but were willing to take a substantial cut in pay to chase a ring with Kobe. And it might have worked if not for Colorado.

Kobe's biggest downfall will always be not shutting his mouth and playing with Shaq for as long as he could. I am not a Shaq fan either but between the two teams had a hard time covering them.

Between the two of them they might have had 5 or 6 rings but there was only one basketball and they didn't know how to share.

I hear you on watching the games. I catch five or six during the regular season and then watch most of the playoffs. Unfortunately, I live in Spurs territory and have to put up with them. They get too obnoxious and I just bring up ".4".

Bummer

So Kobe is still a Laker tonight and not a Bull....
    RnD

GO RAMS!!

1.KG did not have a past problem of getting along poorly with teammates.
    2. KG did not go on a radio show talking about his disappointment with the team.
    3. KG was pursued by many teams yet Kobe has been looked at as a guy that you may not want.
    4. KG did not act like a pompus you know what making demands, He went out and played and let MANAGEMENT know in the right circles he would like to pursue a ring somewhere else if they were not capable of getting some talent to surround him.

There is very little comparisson to the way buisness was conducted. I supported Kobe through it all but now Im tired of him. The Lakers demolished the Suns tonight for all 4 quarters. Its hard for me to sit back and say woot go Lakers. I have been a Laker fan my whole life, my earliest Memories of Sports is watching the Show Time Lakers vs the Celtics. I have never seen a bigger example of a me player on the Lakers. He is tarnishing a classy organization with one of the richest sports histories period.

P.S Colorado had nothing to do with the Lakers not getting a title that year. Kobes biggest games were the ones he went to court then flew home to play. The problem as I see it was a fat out of shape Shaq refusing to get back on defense vs the Pistons in the finals.
    Last edited by LaRamsFanLongTime; -11-04-2007 at 04:52 AM.
    LET'S GO DODGERS

Quote Originally Posted by LaRamsFanLongTime View Post
    1.KG did not have a past problem of getting along poorly with teammates.
    2. KG did not go on a radio show talking about his disappointment with the team.
    3. KG was pursued by many teams yet Kobe has been looked at as a guy that you may not want.
    4. KG did not act like a pompus you know what making demands, He went out and played and let MANAGEMENT know in the right circles he would like to pursue a ring somewhere else if they were not capable of getting some talent to surround him.

There is very little comparisson to the way buisness was conducted. I supported Kobe through it all but now Im tired of him. The Lakers demolished the Suns tonight for all 4 quarters. Its hard for me to sit back and say woot go Lakers. I have been a Laker fan my whole life, my earliest Memories of Sports is watching the Show Time Lakers vs the Celtics. I have never seen a bigger example of a me player on the Lakers. He is tarnishing a classy organization with one of the richest sports histories period.

P.S Colorado had nothing to do with the Lakers not getting a title that year. Kobes biggest games were the ones he went to court then flew home to play. The problem as I see it was a fat out of shape Shaq refusing to get back on defense vs the Pistons in the finals.
    Actually, I saw interviews with KG two years ago where they were asking him about his comments of get me better players or I will leave when my contract is up. And it is my opinion that while a lot of teams may not take Kobe on their team, a lot of that is his salary and who they would have to give up to get him. Ask any owner / coach / fan and I think most will tell you they would love to have someone with Kobe's ability on their team, but not at the risk of salary cap hell with only Kobe and a bunch of second stringers.

Again, these are my opinions and they are not from a Kobe fan, but a Laker fan. I want close to what Kobe wants. Either make the team respectable with Kobe, or trade him and make the team respectable without him.
    This space for rent...

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

I've been a Laker fan since the the mid 60's. We have always had a classy team. Kobe has definitely tarnished the class of this organization. He needs to be traded.....