throwback week

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    LaRamsFanLongTime Guest

Re: Kobe says he wants to be traded

If we trade Kobe straight up for Garnett I say build around him. Garnett is so unselfish and such a competitor let Kobe go cause Drama in Minnesota and enjoy the frigid temperatures.

ramsbruce is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by LaRamsFanLongTime View Post
    If we trade Kobe straight up for Garnett I say build around him. Garnett is so unselfish and such a competitor let Kobe go cause Drama in Minnesota and enjoy the frigid temperatures.
    I just don't think you can trade Kobe for Garnett. I know you hate Kobe but, you have to get Garnett and keep Kobe (if that's possible), that would give you a chance in the loaded West. Garnett on the Lakers without Kobe isn't much different than Garnett in Minny right now, and they aren't winning anything.

Your point of Garnett being unselfish could actually work with Kobe, and like I said it gives the Lakers a legit chance in the West.
    Last edited by ramsbruce; -07-03-2007 at 11:14 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce
    Kudos to Jared Cook for saying what needed to be said about being outplayed and outcoached vs the Cards.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

For as long as I can remember, the Lakers since the Imhoff/ Mel Counts days have always had that dominating man in the middle. (of course I don't have as many brain cells as I used to)

Wilt Chamberlin
    Kareem Abdul Jabbar
    Shaquille O'Neal

By hook or crook....multi player trades.... what ever it took that big man was there.

Kobe can go as long as we bring on a legit big man. Of course I would like to keep Cry Baby Bryant and add the big man, hopefully KG.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

At this point, Kobe has damaged his relationship with the organization and his teammates. Regardless of how good he is, this thing will be hanging over everybody's heads with an undercurrent of resentment and mistrust. I honestly don't see how Kobe staying with the Lakers can be a good thing.

ramsbruce is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    For as long as I can remember, the Lakers since the Imhoff/ Mel Counts days have always had that dominating man in the middle. (of course I don't have as many brain cells as I used to)

Wilt Chamberlin
    Kareem Abdul Jabbar
    Shaquille O'Neal

By hook or crook....multi player trades.... what ever it took that big man was there.

Kobe can go as long as we bring on a legit big man. Of course I would like to keep Cry Baby Bryant and add the big man, hopefully KG.
    The problem is that Garnett is not a center like the 3 you named. KG is a power forward and is suited to play the power forward spot more so than center. His ball handling skills as a power forward are unmatched and playing him out of position would be a mistake.

As I said earlier I think if you get rid of Kobe for Garnett you still won't contend in the West. The Lakers need them both on the team to have a legit chance. KG has a mediocre supporting cast in Minny and aren't going to win anything, and Kobe has a mediocre supporting cast in LA and won't win anything either. They need each other at the very least.

I get that Lakers fans are fed up with Kobe, so I guess you either put that aside and try and get him some quality help so the Lakers might be able to contend, or give up on him and start over.
    Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce
    Kudos to Jared Cook for saying what needed to be said about being outplayed and outcoached vs the Cards.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123