Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    txramsfan is offline Registered User

Re: LAKERS #1 seed in the WEST

Yes, the Lakers won and deservedly so. They outrebounded, outdefended, and plain outhustled the Spurs.

I still don't understand why the Spurs get tabbed as boring? I guess it's the times. 50 years ago, a team with this type of integrity would be placed on pillars and worshipped. However, because they don't deal drugs, don't beat their wives, don't have sex with every groupie that hangs around the locker room, I guess they are a dull championship team.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Re: LAKERS #1 seed in the WEST

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan View Post
    I still don't understand why the Spurs get tabbed as boring? I guess it's the times. 50 years ago, a team with this type of integrity would be placed on pillars and worshipped. However, because they don't deal drugs, don't beat their wives, don't have sex with every groupie that hangs around the locker room, I guess they are a dull championship team.
    I've always admired the Spurs, but IMO they are definitely boring. I suppose it's because they're a team based on fundamentals and go about their business in a methodical, machine-like way in the half court. There is just no flash with them for the most part and their age really showed against the faster, younger Lakers.

For better or worse, NBA fans want to see teams that run, gun, slam and play above the rim with an athletic flair, something the Spurs have never been about. They had a great run but let's face it, they didn't exactly light it up with much excitement along the way.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234