Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lakers

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Lakers

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    Well, the Lakers didn't match up better the two times they played the Magic during the season. I love the fact that Orlando scratched and clawed their way to the finals when no one gave them a chance. I think the Lakers may just be in for a tough fight.
    Obviously I'll be cheering for the Lakers. I would love to see them win again but really the Lakers and winning the NBA title doesn't bring me the same excitement as the RAMS winning the SUPERBOWL. Only because the Lakers have won so many and the RAMS just once. I will say that knowing the Celtics are out of it makes me all geedy.

GO LAKERS!

ramsanddodgers is offline Registered User

Where do we send Lamar's candy? Anyone find the address yet?
    RnD

GO RAMS!!

A-Web is offline Registered User

I'd have to say that game 1 was impressively the Lakers. But, the Magic can blow a game and turn it around. They've done it multiple times during the post-season, so, the Lakers have to bring that A+ game every day, or they might not make it through the end.

I don't personally care about either team in the finals, so I am just on that bystander spot, and watching some good basketball. I want to see good games, and want to see a game 7. As a fan, that's where I stand.

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

9 seconds left in today's game. I've been underwhelmed by both teams, but I think the Lakers pull this one out at home.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Great game, but the Magic may have just had the wind knocked out of them after that loss. Going down 0-2 to a better team is going to be extremely tough to overcome, although they have shown some real resiliency in the playoffs this year. I was really hoping for a good series.

The play of the game had to be Gasol making a great defensive recovery on that last second alley-oop attempt by Lee, forcing him from an easy lay-in to an awkward high bank attempt.

Shaq can't be happy.

Great game, but the Magic may have just had the wind knocked out of them after that loss. Going down 0-2 to a better team is going to be extremely tough to overcome, although they have shown some real resiliency in the playoffs this year. I was really hoping for a good series.

The play of the game had to be Gasol making a great defensive recovery on that last second alley-oop attempt by Lee, forcing him from an easy lay-in to an awkward high bank attempt.

Shaq can't be happy.
    Shaq...Shaq...Shaq.... where have I heard that name before. It IS a name, right?

Nobody can win a championship by themselves. Regardless of what they think.

Lakers have the best collection of players right now. Denver gave them a tough time with their match-ups but Orlando is no push-over either.
    RnD

GO RAMS!!

Shaq can't be happy.
    The Lakers didn't play very good..especially Kobe (7 turnovers) but they still won.

The Fat Lady will be singing very soon.

Game 3 went (unsurprisingly) to the Magic. It helped to have shot about 75% in the first half but the game was closer than I expected it might be.
    RnD

GO RAMS!!

Quote Originally Posted by ramsanddodgers View Post
    Game 3 went (unsurprisingly) to the Magic. It helped to have shot about 75% in the first half but the game was closer than I expected it might be.
    It also helped that Kobe laid a BIG egg in the second half.

Quote Originally Posted by ramsanddodgers View Post
    The MAGIC had their magical evening now it's over.

Get the fork ready......Lakers in 5

I hear the fat lady clearing her throat.

Lakers 3-1

Yep, it's looking pretty good for the Lakers. Another great game. The big time cheap shot by Pietrus on Gasol was rediculous. Two fists to the back of a defenseless player should have been a flagrant foul, with a suspension.

How easily could it be 3-1 Orlando? This might end up being the greatest 5 game series in NBA history.

It is hard to believe that there are to be no repurcussions from the league office for the flagrant foul by Pietrus.

There are a lot of fouls not called and some called which seem minor but flagrant should always be called (if seen).

The missed shot on the in-boundpass was a tough shot, by no means an easy shot as he was behind the backboard by the time he had control an released the ball. The inability to convert critical free-throws contributed to a loss.

Does any one play or series of plays lose (or win) a game? Certainly not as there are many missed opportuities in a given game but there are times when shots are more critical than others.

This could easily be a 3-1 Magic lead but maybe the experience factor has been under rated.

Nothing nobody doesn't already know, I realize.... just reiterations to build post count !
    RnD

GO RAMS!!

Pietrus will be a marked man tonight. The Lakers can't allow him to get away with that very *(unsportsmanlike)* play.

I hope we get a big lead and then someone cheap shots him.

I'm not real confident that the Lakers will win tonight. They walked off the court last game with smiles on their faces like this series was over.

This is where the experience of Kobe, Fisher and Phil Jackson come into play.

*- Not sure if that's all one word?

yes, it's all on word...lol

I missed almost the entire first half but what I saw was a valiant and courageous yet disheartened Orlando Magic trying to hold back the inevitible.

Kobe has pretty much thrown the shadow of Shaq off now (but what COULD have been!), Phil Jackson stands alone as the coach with the most NBA Championships with one for each finger and thumb.

Congratulations Lakers. We'll see soon if the team can stay together for another run and if Coach finishes the last year on his contract.
    RnD

GO RAMS!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast