Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
    LaRamsFanLongTime Guest

Re: Los Angeles Dodgers

High notes Shmidt is back and we will have one of the best staffs in baseball with Lowe, penny and Shmidt. Low note 5-1 lead Grady lets Braxton blead until team dies. Does anyone else want to defend grady's ability to manage a game?? Braxton has been struggling since he blew the game vs the Angels he needs to calm down and also needs to be releived of closing till Saito returns. I say go with billingsly let Braxton have some low pressure innings and get his stride back. Bases get loaded bottom 9, division rival, Pitcher needed to go. Im gonna go throw up now.

ramsanddodgers is offline Registered User

Swept by the Pads.. a ninth inning fiasco which, obviously, was mishandled by the manager...
    RnD

GO RAMS!!

Bruce=GOAT is offline Registered User

Huge turnaround win tonite vs. the Jays. Hopefully this big win will get us going with a sweep to start off this homestand.

LaRamsFanLongTime Guest

This offence needs to be kicked in the ... big win last night but scary game. Now for my breakdown of the debacle that was the game last night. 9th inning Saito blows a save with a HR no biggie everyone gets hit off eventually and he just got back. Alright now to the bottom of the 9th. Alright GONZO is responsible for the 2 runs that we have and with Garciapara and Kent on 1st and 2nd Grady decides to ph with Clark and have him bunt. CLARK?!?!?I always thought you let your veterans do their job and win the game. Gonzo or Clark Gonzo or Clark???No brainer I would think. So he bunts at third base and of course Garciapara is tagged out. I always thought you bunted towards 1st when advancing a runner from second but who knows. When we finally get our boy on third there is 2 outs and end of inning shortly after. Next inning is the perfect example of Grady is a bad manager in my eyes. Beimel comes in retires two looking good. Then after an error by Kent then an Error by Abreu (this kids fielding is getting on my last nerve) he pulls Beimel??? Oh thats right lets let Seanez come in with his almighty arm. The guy has been the worst releiver on the team all year. He does get the out and Saenz gets the killer Tomato squash but I really feel the management is suspect especially with the pitching decisions. High note was Braxton finding his rhythym last night. Now the hitters need to hit and the managers need to manage. This team has one of the best pitching staffs around when used rights, its time. Hopefully we get this sweep and carry some momentum I would like to se a 7-8 game streek here.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

We are in a slump big time. Gettin' thumped by the Blue Jays today. Last time I checked it was 10-2. All I can say is if we are going into a long slump now's the time to have it. Plenty of season left to make a run at the NL West.

I will say we need a 3rd baseman with a decent glove and a big stick! GLAUS?

Anemic offense makes it hard to win games, let alone close ones.

Today was a blow-out which will happen, but last night we had 1st and 2nd with no outs, then bases loaded twice, a lead-off double with no outs, and we can't score a run..... we have no excuses.
    RnD

GO RAMS!!

LaRamsFanLongTime Guest

Big win last night fealt good. The mets are a strong team and we beat them. Everything thing seemed back on track last night. Braxton and saito looked like Braxton and saito we got some clutch hits I was pretty happy. Now lets go on a 6-7 game winn streak they need it.

Quote Originally Posted by LaRamsFanLongTime View Post
    Big win last night fealt good. The mets are a strong team and we beat them. Everything thing seemed back on track last night. Braxton and saito looked like Braxton and saito we got some clutch hits I was pretty happy. Now lets go on a 6-7 game winn streak they need it.
    I have to admit I felt like we were in big trouble. Lost 3 in a row to the Fathers, then lost 2 of 3 to the Jays and had the Mets on the horizon!

Great win last night!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    I have to admit I felt like we were in big trouble. Lost 3 in a row to the Fathers, then lost 2 of 3 to the Jays and had the Mets on the horizon!

Great win last night!!!!

Like they say, (whover THEY are), "you cannot sweep a series if you don't win the first game"....
    RnD

GO RAMS!!

Can you say BACK to BACK to BACK??? That's 2 in a row over the very tough Mets.

Is the train starting to roll?

LaRamsFanLongTime Guest

Lets not forget that last nights win put us back in a tie for first that did not take long.
    Definatly feeling alot better , it should also be noted that we beat the Mets with #4 and 5 of the rotation. Tonight they face Penny we could sweep these guys.

LA Dodgers IP H R ER BB SO HR ERA
    Penny 7.0 7 1 1 0 7 0 2.18

Swept the Metropolitans, Angels up next... Like I keep saying, long season and most of it left to play.....
    RnD

GO RAMS!!

Dodgers join 40 win club with a 10-1 romp over the Jays. Probably should have saved about 8 of those runs for future use?

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ramsanddodgers View Post
    LA Dodgers IP H R ER BB SO HR ERA
    Penny 7.0 7 1 1 0 7 0 2.18

Swept the Metropolitans, Angels up next... Like I keep saying, long season and most of it left to play.....
    And the Angels win the series once again, claiming SOCAL supremacy!
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

Quote Originally Posted by RAMMAN68 View Post
    And the Angels win the series once again, claiming SOCAL supremacy!
    Ebb and floe, ebb and floe....

[QUOTE]
    laram0
    Dodgers join 40 win club with a 10-1 romp over the Jays. Probably should have saved about 8 of those runs for future use? QUOTE]

I'm thinking we should not have saved them for the Jays and used them against the California Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim and all points West.... :x
    RnD

GO RAMS!!