AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

MIAMI Triple tHrEAT!!!!!

Wade, Bosh and LeBron!!!!!!

Laker fans....

See you next June!

01d 0rd3r is offline Registered User

Re: MIAMI Triple tHrEAT!!!!!

Let me first say that I really like D-Wade, one of my favorite players.

Now let me say this, Lebron James has lost the little respect I had for him. He basicly had ESPN air a one hour F-you session for Cleveland. Only team I hope wins the championship besides the hawks next year is Cleveland.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

First let me say I hope it is the Heat and Lakers in the Finals but.........

It takes more than 3 players to win, nevermind get to the NBA finals. What's the rest of the Heats roster going to look like? The Celtics/Lakers finals reminded all of us you have to have a bench and especially a high quality 6th man.

Then let's get into the chemistry that the "Triple Threat" has to have. It worked for the Celtics but it failed for that Laker team that had Shaq, Kobe, Gary Payton and Karl Malone.

The difference here is that all of the Heat's superstars are in their primes: Wade - 28, Bosh -26, LeBron - 25.

It might take a year to really come together, but I'd put pretty good money on the Heat winning a title w/in 2-3 years.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

That just made the Miami Heat the most HATED team outside the State of Florida in the HISTORY of the NBA. I hope they never win a championship. That would be so fitting.

01d 0rd3r is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    It takes more than 3 players to win, nevermind get to the NBA finals. What's the rest of the Heats roster going to look like?
    Last I heard Shaq and Mike Miller were interested in signing for a vet minimum to go ring chasing in MIA. Miller is a former 6th man of the year, and everybody knows what shaq has done.

On another subject, this clearly takes LeBron out of any "best player ever" conversation. To bail on a team because you cant win a championship is pretty pathetic. Kobe didnt bail after Shaq got traded and he had a few rough years. Hakeem stayed in Houston a decade before he broke through. I dont care if he wins 5 rings in the next 5 years. He bailed on a team that did everything he asked of them, fired coaches, signed players, and even changed GM's. He went to wade's team because he knows wade can win a championship, he is the South Beach Leech as far as I am concerned.

-We are all Quitness

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

That's certainly a big time trio, with equally big time expectations now on their shoulders. We'll see how it works out, but I don't necessarily think they're a lock for the finals. Chemistry and depth are everything. That said, if I were a Heat fan, I'd be very excited too.

I can't wait to see the first game the Heat travel to Cleveland, where they were burning LeBron jerseys in the streets today.

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan View Post
    That just made the Miami Heat the most HATED team outside the State of Florida in the HISTORY of the NBA.
    Tx, do you remember a team that had Danny Ainge, M.L. Carr, Larry Bird and Kevin McHale? Those guys put these three from Miami to shame in "most HATED" team in NBA history, by a mile.
    Last edited by r8rh8rmike; -07-09-2010 at 10:42 PM.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan View Post
    That just made the Miami Heat the most HATED team outside the State of Florida in the HISTORY of the NBA. I hope they never win a championship. That would be so fitting.
    It should certainly be one of the most divisive teams in NBA history. The Heat probably picked up thousands of bandwagon fans and haters in a single moment. On the one hand, these guys left money on the table so they could play together. That's kind of nice in a Three Musketeers way. On the other hand, they've made the team all about them. Can the Heat even afford to put together a decent supporting cast? And if this works out, why should the Heat get the benefit of their titles? It's like they just won the lottery or something. It would have been a more heart-warming story if they had all gone to some cold, dirty recession town that hadn't won anything in decades...instead of Miami.

I feel for the Cavs, but at least this will liven things up around the NBA whether the Heat become a dynasty or a disaster.

Bralidore(RAMMODE) is offline Registered User

I could literally hear the bandwagons tearing through the streets all the way up here....

i was facebook spammed by haters.

My thing on this is: I'd love to know if they are going to find decent starters to compliment the other three.

JPPT1974 is offline Registered User

Yep Miami Heat could be a huge threat. Watch out Kobe, Lakers!
    October Skies!

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

It's pretty a much a huge boom or bust scenario for Miami, and many Cleveland fans would consider Lebron a flopping traitor but to me he's more of not a leader type person, he has high talent but proved not to be a leader on the field, unlike Kobe was after Shaq left the Lakers. Other than that I wish the kid luck seeing that it'd be sad to see him have a Barry Sanders story.

[QUOTE=Bralidore(RAMMODE);349348]I could literally hear the bandwagons tearing through the streets all the way up here....
    [quote]

That's why is such a great time for those of us who have been following the team since they were established.

My thing on this is: I'd love to know if they are going to find decent starters to compliment the other three.
    As usual, Pat Riley managed to work his magic in filling out the roster. Right now, the depth chart looks like this:

C: Zydrunas Ilgaskas; Joel Anthony; Jamaal Magloire
    PF: Chris Bosh; Udonis Haslem; Juwan Howard
    SF: LeBron James; James Jones
    SG: Dwyane Wade; Mike Miller
    PG: Mario Chalmers; Carlos Arroyo; Eddie House

The final two spots will likely go to Dexter Pittman (rookie C from Texas) and Da'Sean Butler (SF/SG) or Patrick Beverly (PG).

Not bad at all.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

[QUOTE=AvengerRam;351261][QUOTE=Bralidore(RAMMODE);349348]I could literally hear the bandwagons tearing through the streets all the way up here....

That's why is such a great time for those of us who have been following the team since they were established.

As usual, Pat Riley managed to work his magic in filling out the roster. Right now, the depth chart looks like this:

C: Zydrunas Ilgaskas; Joel Anthony; Jamaal Magloire
    PF: Chris Bosh; Udonis Haslem; Juwan Howard
    SF: LeBron James; James Jones
    SG: Dwyane Wade; Mike Miller
    PG: Mario Chalmers; Carlos Arroyo; Eddie House

The final two spots will likely go to Dexter Pittman (rookie C from Texas) and Da'Sean Butler (SF/SG) or Patrick Beverly (PG).

Not bad at all.
    Mike Miller and Udonis Haslem are both solid players. The rest is trash. I'll give the center position a pass because all that player needs to do is play defense and snag rebounds. The HEAT will be tough but (and I hate to say this) the Celtics shouldn't be overlooked in the East.