laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

The Mitchell Report (Today 2pm e.s.t.)

This will be a press conference reporting on Major League Baseball and the 60 to 80 players linked to performance enhancing drugs.

I wonder who the players are? Supposedly the range goes from top to bottom. Meaning MVP's and All-Stars to the bench players.

This ought to be real interesting........

How's Bud Selig going to react to this report? Selig is supposed to hold a press conference 2 1/2 hours after the info comes out.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Re: The Mitchell Report (Today 2pm e.s.t.)

AM 1300 the Zone here in Austin is reporting Roger Clemons is on the list.

However, this could be the best thing for players. Look at the NFL. Someone takes steroids, they get a 4 game suspension then back to the CHEERING crowd. No one cares. This will make the public care less about steroids. Just my prediction.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

I've scanned through the report, and I was intrigued by this little nugget on page 85...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitchell Report
    During the course of this investigation, we interviewed a number of coaches, club personnel, former teammates, and other persons who know McGwire. Only Canseco, who repeated the allegations from his memoir, said he had knowledge of McGwire’s alleged use of steroids.
    I'd be shocked and surprised if McGwire didn't, but interesting that the only one putting his name out there, was the one trying to sell a book.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Here's another tidbit (page 206) for the St.L Cardinals fans out there
    (Larry) Bigbie stated that there was a lot of small talk among Cardinals players about steroids, and he discussed performance enhancing substances with one player who
    said that he had a source for any performance enhancing substance Bigbie might want.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

And regarding Rick Ankiel (page 292)....
    On December 6, 2007, the commissioner’s Office announced that there was insufficient evidence of a violation of the joint program in effect at the time of the conduct in question to warrant discipline of Ankiel.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    I've scanned through the report, and I was intrigued by this little nugget on page 85... I'd be shocked and surprised if McGwire didn't, but interesting that the only one putting his name out there, was the one trying to sell a book.
    Although I'm not a St Louis Cardinals fan I am a McGwire fan. I hope he is and has been clean.