LaRamsFanLongTime is offline Registered User

Nascar/DEI/Hendricks

Nascar has become my new passion. I never thought I could like this sport but now it is quickly becoming my third favorite sport.(Football number 1 MMA number 2) The excitement of these guys racing down the track literally risking their life every race is crazy. My brother is a Jeff Gordon fan so naturally I rooted for him but did not really care. Once I started working with a Dale Earnhardt junior fan I got into the sport. There was a rivalary there and between the trash talking I became a fan.

Now DEI and June Bug appear to be going through a seperation. I personally think Theresa Eanheardt will become one of the most hated women in the sport for letting June Bug leave. There is talks of him going to Childress racing to race in his dads number 3. There is also talks that Hendricks could pursue him. I personally think this will be terrible for NASCAR. Imagine Joe Montanna finishing his career with the Rams.
    Hendricks already has 2 of the best in the sport with a third driver Bush becoming a fan favorite and an increasingly good driver. Jimmie Johnson and Gordon alone already are making things weird for NASCAR. These two are dominating this year especially in car of tommorow races where they have won every race. Gordon is the marquee driver and Johnson is the defending Nextel champ. These two already almost wiped each other out in a race with Gordon after the race saying "If it was anyone but Jimmy he would have been in the wall".

Rivalaries are good they belong in all sports. Dodgers vs the Giants, Rams vs the Whiners, Gordon vs Junior. If you put these two on the same page you will be helping to make them allies. Could you imagine Gordon, Bush, Junior and Johnson lining up to outdraft the competition at Talledega? Or maybe Earnhardt moving out the way in the last few laps because Gordon has the faster car? No way do we want to see that. we want to see Junior and Gordon mashing each other down the stretch if the race is close. We want to see competitors trying to win for themselves not for their team. Could you imagine seeing Tiger and Phil Mickelson saying "well as long as one of us wins it will help the team." I mean seriously golf much like NASCAR is an individual sport.

I really want to see one of two things happen in the Nascar off-season (which is like 2 hours I think) 1. Junior go's and drives his daddies car with Childress racing and helps keep his spirit alive on the track. Or 2. Theresa pulls her head out her butt and comes with the best offer to Junior to save DEI and Seniors legacy

LET'S GO DODGERS

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

Re: Nascar/DEI/Hendricks

Gordon's a beyotch ...it's all about my hometown boy Harvick.

Harvick Sucks and you know it. Gordon is far and away the best driver ion a car today.
    LET'S GO DODGERS

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by LaRamsFanLongTime View Post
    I really want to see one of two things happen in the Nascar off-season (which is like 2 hours I think) 1. Junior go's and drives his daddies car with Childress racing and helps keep his spirit alive on the track. Or 2. Theresa pulls her head out her butt and comes with the best offer to Junior to save DEI and Seniors legacy
    Jr. is already on record as saying DEI had their shot to make things right and didn't take advantage, so he says he's gone regardless of what happens now. It's funny you mentioned Joe Montana, because after the whiners cut him loose and then tried to bring him back at the last minute, he said thanks but no thanks, which is what I think Jr. would do if DEI made a last minute attempt to keep him. Too bad they're going to learn the hard way that it's all about Dale Earnhardt Jr. and NOT DEI.

Quote Originally Posted by RamFan_Til_ I_Die
    Gordon's a beyotch ...it's all about my hometown boy Harvick.
    I root for Gordon BECAUSE people think he's a beyotch. It's funny, but all he does is outdrive the competition and win races.

My number one guy is Jr. though. I don't care where he goes as long as his team puts him in a good position to win races.

Most everyone roots for Gordon when new to NASCAR...it's easy to be a frontrunner and root for the best. I started not liking Gordon when the best rivalry around was Mark Martin v Jeff Gordon. I was partial to Martin because Gordon was a dirty racer back then. He's cleaned his act up alot since, but that's when most people that hated him, started hating him.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RamFan_Til_I_Die View Post
    Most everyone roots for Gordon when new to NASCAR...it's easy to be a frontrunner and root for the best. I started not liking Gordon when the best rivalry around was Mark Martin v Jeff Gordon. I was partial to Martin because Gordon was a dirty racer back then. He's cleaned his act up alot since, but that's when most people that hated him, started hating him.
    Well, NASCAR has always been about the personalities. I started watching when it was all about Petty, Allison, Foyt, Pearson and Baker. The faces have changed, but that love/hate relationship with the drivers remains the same.

If you dislike Gordon because he was a "dirty racer", you must REALLY hate Jaun Pablo Montoya.

Most everyone roots for Gordon when new to NASCAR...it's easy to be a frontrunner and root for the best.
    Its easy to root for the fellow CA boy that your brother and all your nephews have been following forever is what you meant to say right?My brothers whole room was decorated in Gordon stuff and it was because of him that I first started paying attention to Nascar. Also most people I know that are new to nascar vote for one guy and that is June Bug. He is the most popular driver in the sport not Gordon. Gordon is just the best in the sport.

You should never accuse people of being frontrunners especially when their Rams fans, Or maybe Dodgers Fans? Wait lets not forget Im an LA Kings fan when have they won anything? How many people accused you of being a frontrunner when the Rams finally won a super Bowl?
    Last edited by LaRamsFanLongTime; -05-15-2007 at 03:42 PM.
    LET'S GO DODGERS

Quote Originally Posted by LaRamsFanLongTime View Post
    You should never accuse people of being frontrunners especially when their Rams fans, Or maybe Dodgers Fans? Wait lets not forget Im an LA Kings fan when have they won anything? How many people accused you of being a frontrunner when the Rams finally won a super Bowl?
    Not saying that's why you chose him, but that's why alot of people chose to like him. He wins alot, is a great driver, and is on tv all the time....perfect frontrunner material.

Well Hendricks snagged June Bug. I will of course be happy he is on the team but at the same time I wonder if this is bad for NASCAR. What do you all think?
    LET'S GO DODGERS