throwback week

Thread: Opening Day

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Talking Opening Day

Its Opening Day in baseball, and my beloved Cardinals are facing that nemesis Mike Hampton. It has been tough for me to get excited about baseball the past few years, but this year Cardinal Nation is excited. Great lineup with Vina, Polanco, Drew, Pujols, Edmonds at the top. Pitching looks deep, something that has hurt them in the past. Last year, the front office got some help and this year landed Jason Isringhausen as the stopper. I like our chances.

"Thanks for your time this time till next time, so long everybody." Mr. Jack Buck

DJRamFan Guest
    The Card's definitely look good. My hometown is a AAA town (Rochester Red Wings) so i'm into that. I don't really have a favorite MLB, although i do favor the Tigers I guess. As long as they aren't the yankees or braves i'll root for them. Cards definitely look impressive.

I've been upset with MLB since the big strike, but i'm a sports fan so i watch it anyway. SOOO many things need to change, but baseball is baseball i guess.

Mr.Blond Guest
    YANKEES: you either love em' or hate em' but you gotta respect em'
    DJ, I hear you bout the Braves, and I'm worried that if the Rams don't win this year, they'll be like those bums in HotLanta. Anybody else get that queasy feeling?:upset: I mean, i see a lot of these bandwagoners with their Rams jersey's on, I'm not saying they shouldn't be allowed to do that, it's just I really believe that the Rams NEED to win this year to not look like the damn Vikings or something.
    Last edited by Mr.Blond; -04-07-2002 at 08:57 PM.

YodaRam Guest
    GOOD CALL, Mr. Blond!!! All the great talent, all the great opportunities, and for just one championship........ I freak at the thought! When you look at the media they are reluctant to call The Rams a dynasty based on end results. If we had won it all last year then it would have been a done deal! I think we deserve that designation anyway but in the medias eyes we definitely have to do it this year!

You should start a thread on Ram talk on this topic! there will be great response!
    My Dodgers won their last three after dropping their first three! I'm happy about that!

DJRamFan Guest
    i agree with mr. blond, had we won last year and been successful this year we would have been a dynasty in everyone's eyes in the new salary cap era.

One thing we have that the bravos don't.....fans

Aries51 is offline Registered User
    Originally posted by Mr.Blond
    it's just I really believe that the Rams NEED to win this year to not look like the damn Vikings or something.

Ah,but the Vikings never won the Super Bowl!

You make a good point though.This upcoming season is very important to how this Rams team will go down in history.I still believe that Kurt Warner will be wearing two more Super Bowl rings before he retires.They had best be with the Rams!!!!!!
    ST.LOUIS RAMS:THE MOST FRUSTRATING TEAM IN THE NFL!!!

txramsfan is offline Registered User
    I think if we win this year, we should be considered a dynasty. Definately. The D has been revamped totally, and the core offense has remained intact.

I want to give it up to the trainers and the fitness people on the Rams staff. We have been very fortunate to not have a major injury to any critical player.

YodaRam Guest
    I love it!!! This is supposed to be an "All other sports" forum but we find a way to make it an all about The RAMS forum!!!

huntdux Guest
    Originally posted by Mr.Blond
    YANKEES: you either love em' or hate em' but you gotta respect em'

Yankees ...hate 'em. Sorry Mr. B, but with King George (Steinbrenner) in charge, respect is out too. LOL!!