View Poll Results: Did Lebron James make a mistake by not congratulating the Magic?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

4 57.14%
  • NO

3 42.86%
    laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Should Lebron James....

Have congratulated the Magic?

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Should Lebron James....

I voted "yes" for one simple reason. What kind of sportsmanship is he showing the kids that idolize him and even the kids that don't?

I've played in many organized sports leagues. From baseball to basketball to football even bowling. Sure I've gone head to head with individuals that I had no use for and I'm sure that person felt the same way towards me. "We" always went through the congrats ritual no matter what.

Look at boxers or even more the Mixed martial arts world. These guys pound eachother beyond recognition sometimes. Yet they still show the respect to the other guy win or lose.

I guess Lebron still has some growing up to do?

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

I'm sure he was very disappointed with the way things turned out, but I agree he should have showed a little sportsmanship before bolting off the court. It surprises me because he's done practically everything right during his career and the failure to give any congratulations was a bit out of character. That said, it's a pretty small blip on the radar and something that most NBA stars have done at one time or another after a tough loss.

San Diego Ram is offline Registered User

I don't agree with what he did by not shaking the hands of the other players, but i can understand why he did not do it. it would be hard to give it your all and have the highest numbers among your players and then to lose.

I see where he is coming from, why am i going to go up to them and congratulated him on kick our butts

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

im often split on "sportmanship" issues...in this instance he probably should have shook hands but theres worse crimes in sport.

the one about not running the score up on opposition is one im not a fan of...if it`s boxing the ref wont allow a boxer to be destroyed and that`s a good thing but what does it do to a team by running up the score on them?
    destroy their will? maybe..
    but if a team aint good enough then they should have a beating and either man-up and respond to the beating in the game or future games or get out of the sport and let other more stronger willed sportsmen or women take their places.

with kids playing or say a team consisting of people with disablities..then i can understand the wish to not run up the score but screw it with able bodied adults...and thats coming from a Rams fan whose team could have had some shocking scores against them in the last few years.

is an un-written rule i dont understand and makes stats that lie.

went slightly off topic i guess with this post but..well its "sportsmanship" related...

StLouisSam Guest

No way. He gave it his all in the series and his teammates and coach let him down. He was frustrated.