Thread: Syracuse Orange

cfh128 is offline Registered User

Syracuse Orange

Any NCAA Basketball fans here? I just wanted to start a thread to gloat about the fact that my beloved Syracuse Orange is ranked #1 in the country after their absolute massacre of Villanova at the dome on Saturday.

I personally believe this team is better than the team that won the National Championship in 2003. The 2-3 zone is absolutely stifling, we are getting great play off the bench from Kris Joseph and Scoop Jardine, and the overall balance of the team offensively makes us extremely tough to defend.

March madness is coming up and I think we have a great chance of winning the tournament again this year. What is even more exciting is the possibility that next year our team will be even better with the sick recruiting class we have coming in. True, we are losing Onuaku, Rautins, and more likely than not Wes Johnson, but we are bringing in top prospects Dion Waiters, Fab Melo, and C.J. Fair. Its a great time to be a fan of SU hoops!

Syracuse is definately a basketball town, but I still wish that our football team would rise to prominence again. Some of the most fun I have ever had watching sports was going to SU football games at the dome in the days of Donovan McNabb, Marvin Harrison, Dwight Freeny, and Keith Bulluck. Here's hoping that Doug Marrone is the guy to bring us back into the spotlight! I thought he did a decent job in his first year, especially given that we had a basketball player as our starting QB and our best receiver quit the team halfway through the year...

Rambunctious is offline Registered User

Re: Syracuse Orange

Well let me extend my apologies from Louisville that my Cards beat Sryacuse twice this year.

Sure only one game has been played but when the Crush come down here to play for the last game of the season it will not only be senior night but the last game in Freedom Hall.

Destiny is on our side.

cfh128 is offline Registered User

Re: Syracuse Orange

I have to give credit where credit is due. You guys had our number this year.

Now, if you will excuse me, I'm going to go drink myself into a coma.