Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Afl2

Ram-Genious Guest

Re: Afl2

AFL2 hmm, is that like arena football for developmental players??

Keenum is offline Registered User

Our TN Valley Vipers are 1-1. Put a beating on the Alabama Steeldogs then we got a beating by the Florida Firecats.

AlphaRam Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ram-Genious View Post
    AFL2 hmm, is that like arena football for developmental players??
    Minor league arena football. AFL is a part owner in AFL2.

I am assuming that you are asking and not dissing AFL2.

Ram-Genious Guest

no not at all. I was just wondering.

AlphaRam Guest

Tulsa Talons 68
    Laredo Lobos 45

The Talons are now 3-0 and will face the Alabama Steeldogs here in Tulsa on April 28.

Did anyone else notice that there are 6 AFL2 teams from Texas?

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

Bakersfield Blitz now 3-0 after taking down BRM's Stockton Lightning 45-42. We overcame 6 fumbles, 3 lost, by our QB's to squeak out a win.

Maybe we'll see ya in the ArenaCup Alpha.

AlphaRam Guest

The Tulsa Talons remain undefeated at 5-0 by beating the godless Oklahoma City Yard Dogz in OKC. I think their are only two teams besides the Talons that are undefeated - Bossier-Shreveport and Wilkes-Barre/Scranton.

AlphaRam Guest

The Tulsa Talons remain undefeated at 6-0 by beating the godless Lubbock Renegades. The only two teams that are undefeated are the Talons and Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Pioneers.

Most of our opponents are scoring in the 40's against us, so we need to play better defense. We play in Amarillo against the Dusters next week. We beat them 68-45 a few weeks ago here in Tulsa.

bruce4life is offline Registered User

Go Quincy Carter Baby!!!!

Vipers are 4-3 after losing a good one to The Pioneers. Both were 1st place teams in their league.

Our season is looking pretty solid so far, we just got to play more consistantly.

AlphaRam Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Keenum View Post
    Vipers are 4-3 after losing a good one to The Pioneers. Both were 1st place teams in their league.

Our season is looking pretty solid so far, we just got to play more consistantly.
    I read about that game on the AFL2 site. It seems the Pioneers were lucky to get away with that win. If I remember right, wasn't the score 34-30?

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaRam View Post
    I read about that game on the AFL2 site. It seems the Pioneers were lucky to get away with that win. If I remember right, wasn't the score 34-30?
    Yep. Vipers had a late drive that could have won it but threw an INT. Penaltiest killed us in that game, too.

Here's the official article if you want to read it:
    http://www.vipers.tv/news/press/inde...?article_id=64

AlphaRam Guest

My wife has been ill all day so we didn't go to the game tonight. Unfortunately, the Talons lost to the Arkansas Twisters 36-19. Our QB, Josh Blankenship, had only thrown 5 interceptions all season. This evening, he threw 6 INTs. Thiswas the first loss for the season and we are still in first in our division. Hopefully this was an off night and not a sign of things to come.

AlphaRam Guest

The Tulsa Talons improved to 8-1 on th road against the Manchester Wolves by a score of 75-50. I don't have much information at this time other than the Talons are pretty banged up. We play next week in Corpus Christi.

bigredman Guest

We have an AFL2 team called the Lightning here in Stockton (Our ECHL hockey team is called Thunder...genius, eh?). The football team is two years old, and pretty much play like it. I've been to a couple of games, but just can't get into Arena football. I'd rather go watch a Pop-Warner game. AA Minor League Hockey on the other hand is great. We went to the playoffs this past year and only their second year in existence.
    Last edited by bigredman; -06-02-2007 at 02:11 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast