Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Afl2

AlphaRam is offline Registered User

Re: Afl2

One of our receivers just left to play for the Buffalo Bills. We have some pretty good players (for AFL2) to watch here in Tulsa.

The Tulsa talon won against the Corpus Christi Sharks 61-48. The Sharks and Talons were tied at the half 34 all. Tulsa mounted a strond second half to beat the Sharks at their house. The Talons face Green Bay this week in Tulsa - I am hoping to win a drawing at work for some tickets.

On a related note, a number of the Tulsa Talons and cheerleaders visited St. Francis hospital pediatrics this past week. My nephew has been in (will be released today) and received numerous autographs, to include the QB Josh Blankenship, WR Jeff Hughley, and others. It was great of those guys and gals to take the time to see the kids that are in the hospital.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The Talons defeated the Green Bay Packers...errr...Blizzard by a score of 43-26 to improve to 10-1 on the season. The talons have a bye this week before a match against the Arkansas Twisters. Earlier in the season, the Twisters came into Tulsa and beat the Talons that marred an otherwise perfect record. Naturally, I am hoping that Tulsa avenges the loss by a score of 124 -3.

Wilkes-barre/Scranton Pioneers are the only undefeated team in the league. The Talons and Pioneers are not scheduled to play during the regular season.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The Talons lost in overtime to our arch-rivals, the Arkansas Twisters. Tulsa is 10-2 on the season with both losses to Arkansas.

Tulsa began overtime one offense and started the drive at their own three yard line. Allgood completed the first pass to Forde but was stripped of the ball by Reggie Cooley. Kevin Williams picked up the loose ball and returned six yards for the touchdown and the win.
    I was really hoping for a win against Arkansas. Tulsa and Arkansas have played each other more times than any other two teams in AFL2. We play the Lubbuck Lounge Lizards...or whatever their team mascot is called....next week on the road.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Keenum is offline Registered User

Vipers have been starting another QB got in a trade, and he really hasn't been doing anything. They finally put Chris Gunn back in, and he threw for a team record 9 TDs in a loss but won a game or so. The Vipers currently sit at 5-7 but with some momentum.

Tennessee has a cool logo - ours is rather lame. The Talons won again on the road against the Lubbock somethings. That puts us at 11-2 on the season. The Arkansas Twisters got beat this weekend to give the Talons a 2 game lead in the division.

Tulsa's 100th win featured a starting QB switch

With Saturday night's 49-32 win over Lubbock, the Tulsa Talons became af2's first franchise to reach 100 victories. The team's ownership congratulated players and coaches on the radio after the game, and head coach Mitch Allner said players and staff were excited to make history -- for themselves and for everyone who has been a part of the organization.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Congrats to your team! Vipers fell to 5-8, and are looking like we are done for the season. Ever since all this legal crap, we've yet to put together a really good year. You can read about all of it here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tennessee_Valley_Vipers

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Keenum View Post
    Congrats to your team! Vipers fell to 5-8, and are looking like we are done for the season. Ever since all this legal crap, we've yet to put together a really good year. You can read about all of it here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tennessee_Valley_Vipers
    Yeah the Blitz season is over too. We started out 3-0, and are now at 5-8. We lost our best defensive player to a career ending injury, our QB, #2 reciever and a LB.

Now this week our #1 reciever and an O lineman got arrested and are in jail for rape and burglary charges. I sure picked a bad year to thrown down $800 for season tickets...I coulda saved it and flown to St Louis for a couple games.
    Last edited by RamFan_Til_I_Die; -07-14-2007 at 02:09 AM.

With the Vipers win last night, and a Lubbok, loss, the Vipers are 6-8 and actually have the No.8 playoff seed in the National Conference. If the Vipers win out, it looks like they will make the playoffs.

I just got back from the final game of the season against South Georgia. The Talons trailed for much of the game before taking the game in the 4th quarter to win 64-54. Last week, the Talons won at the end by a single point. Those wins puts the Talons at 14-2 on the season and hosting a playoff game here at Dodge Field next week.

There is a possibility that the Talons may not play next year. The Tulsa Convention Center is scheduled for renovation soon and the Talons would not have a place to play. Another possibility is relocating for a season. Yet another possibility is to relocate for good. We had 6000 people in the stands tonight so we need to figure out a way for the Talons to play next season here in Tulsa.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaRam View Post
    I just got back from the final game of the season against South Georgia. The Talons trailed for much of the game before taking the game in the 4th quarter to win 64-54. Last week, the Talons won at the end by a single point. Those wins puts the Talons at 14-2 on the season and hosting a playoff game here at Dodge Field next week.

There is a possibility that the Talons may not play next year. The Tulsa Convention Center is scheduled for renovation soon and the Talons would not have a place to play. Another possibility is relocating for a season. Yet another possibility is to relocate for good. We had 6000 people in the stands tonight so we need to figure out a way for the Talons to play next season here in Tulsa.
    The Vipers did that, either they relocated or shut down for a year, but they came back. You can always get a petition going.
    Vipers finished 7-9, and are tied with four other teams for the last two playoff spots in the National Conference. The AF2 committee is meeting tomorrow to discuss all the tiebreaking stuff.

I guess the tiebreaker didn't work out for TEN VAL. I was pulling for you.

The Talons face off against our intrastate rivals OKC Yard Dogz. We have beaten them twice, but the playoffs are a whole new season.

Donovan Morgan left the team earlier in the year to join the Buffalo Bills. He is currently listed as the #3 receiver for the Bills. He had previous stints with the Houston Texans and the NY Jets.

Good news this week - the City of Tulsa plans to keep the Convention Center open for next season so the Talons can play.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The Tulsa Talons have just beaten the South GA Wildcats 49-28 in the second round of the playoffs. We face the Bossier -Shreveport Battlewings, led by former Dallas QB Quincy Carter. next week. The winner of that game advances to the championship game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nah, tiebreaker didn't work for us. Glad to see your guys are doing well! I'll be going for your Tulsa Talons now to win it all.

The Tulsa Talons won the National Conference championship by beating the Bossier-Shreveport Battle Wings 67-47. It was quite an exciting game and it was closer that the score indicates through much of the second half. At one point, the Battle Wings kicker got a bad snap and then punted the ball for the FG. In AFL2, a punted FG is worth 2 points.

The Talons face the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Pioneers next Saturday for the AFL2 championship. The game takes place in Bossier-Shreveport. The Talons won the championship in 2003 and have been in the payoffs every season since the start of AFL2.

GO TALONS!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast