Keenum is offline Registered User

Tennessee Valley Vipers vs Tulsa Talons 2009

I know we got a Tulsa fan or two around here. Tulsa is playing Tennessee Valley tomorrow (well, tonight actually, lol) at the VBCC. The Vipers have been incredible at home this year, and have an oustanding defense this year.
    Tulsa is coming in with a 10 game win streak and coming off a big win vs Green Bay.

With how good Tulsa is, and how well the Vipers have been at home this year, this should be a fantastic game! I am going to this one, so for any Tulsa fans here, I'll be sure to post how it was when I get back.

Keenum is offline Registered User

Re: Tennessee Valley Vipers vs Tulsa Talons 2009

And the Vipers came out with the victory, 55-39. The Vipers came out with a quick 14-0 victory, but the Talons were on their heels the whole game. The Vipers almost had a shut out 1st quarter if not for a kick return for a TD to end it by Tulsa.

The Vipers defense was big again, and had 3 tremendous stops early, including back to back goal line possession stops to open the game. However the early lead was too much to overcome for Tulsa as they had their impressive 10 game win streak come to a close.

I never once felt like the game was safe until the Vipers got the ball with just a few seconds left. It was a 16 point game (so 2 possessions would do it) with about 20 seconds left, and I know in the AFL a team can, and has, scored two TDs in just a matter of seconds.

The Vipers are now 7-0 at home, but 3-3 on the road. They will look to fix their road woes over the next two games, as their next home game is not until July 25th.
    Tulsa will look to get back on track next week and remain on top of the Central Division.

These two teams could very well meet again in the playoffs.

AlphaRam is offline Registered User

Re: Tennessee Valley Vipers vs Tulsa Talons 2009

Sorry I wasn't around to post about this. My wife and I have season tickets for the Talons. We won the first round of the playoffs, then lost in the conference final to Spokane.