RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

1/12/07 Mock Draft w/ Free Agent Signings

I'm going to be creative and I know some won't agree with this.

Rams Sign:
    DE Charles Grant
    SLB Napoleon Harris

Rams Lose:
    Kevin Curtis (Detroit)
    Shaun McDonald (?)

- Rams trade Pick 13 to the Patriots for R1P26 and R3P26. With pick 13 New England takes S LaRon Landry.

Round 1: Pick 26: Sidney Rice, Wide Reciever, South Carolina
    - Lets not kid ourselves folks, many of you don't agree at ALL with this pick BUT Torry Holt and Isaac Bruce aren't getting any younger and haven't showed many signs of age BUT its time we draft a High Potential Star Wide Reciever for these two legends (Holt and Bruce) to groom. Sidney Rice is that 6'4" 204lb big bodied reciever that many of us have been calling for. But not only is he a big body reciever he also has breakaway speed with a sub 4.40 40. Under supervision and teaching from Holt and Bruce, it should shape Rice into a Pro Bowl reciever. But nothings guaranteed.

Round 2: Pick 20: Justin Harrell, Defensive Tackle, Tennessee
    - The Rams are in DESPERATE need of a Nose Tackle. Lets see past few years drafts (NT Damione Lewis - BIG Bust, now in Carolina last I heard. NT Ryan Pickett - Showed little and had ok stats but onfield and unstatistical he was terrible. Jimmy Kennedy - Lazy gets pushed back, acts like a linebacker (drops back into coverage sometimes as it seems) and gets no leverage or push BUST). Harrell is a big boy at 6'4" 300lbs who gets push, and doesn't get pushed and holds up great against the run.

Round 3: Pick 19: Doug Datish, Center, Ohio State
    - The Rams Offensive Line particullary the interior played great the last three games with Setterstrom Romberg Incognito but how can we predict Romberg will continue his sucess at Center? We can't, therefore it'd be our best interest to improve that position and add some depth never the less. Datish has Good quickness, athleticism and mobility...Has the frame to add some weight and bulk up. And COULD become quite a beast.

Round 3: Pick 26: John Wendling, Safety, Wyoming
    - The Rams are set for this season as of now baring injury at Strong Safety with Chavous, but the future at Strong Safety is dark, and foggy too. John Wendling is a perfect sized Strong Safety at 6'1" 222lbs. .A playmaker with good leaping ability and body control...Solid tackler and does a superb job versus the run...A hard worker and leader with elite intangibles...Very smart...Versatile...Has a good deal of upside.

Round 4: Pick 18: Ikaika Alama-Francis, Defensive End, Hawaii

Round 5: Pick 17: Prescott Burgess, Outside Linebacker, Michigan

Round 5: Pick 10 (f/BUF): Chris Leak, Quarterback, Florida

Round 6: Pick 16: Brian Robison, Defensive End, Texas

Round 7: Pick 15: Stanley Doughty, Defensive Tackle, Soth Carolina

Thoughts?

RamsFan16

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

Re: 1/12/07 Mock Draft w/ Free Agent Signings

Predicted Starters:
    Offense

Defense

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Comments...

-If we trade down, it should be because we want a defensive player and we don't see someone worth taking @ 13. If the Rams are thinking WR with that pick, why not simply stay put and take Ginn?

-Harrell in round two = perfect for me. Love him as a prospect. The fact that he went out and played a college rivalry game after tearing his bicep because he wanted to compete just blows me away.

-Datish in the third, another good pick. Gives Romberg someone to compete with and has experience at other positions on the line as well. I'm a fan of looking for a center on Day One.

-I personally question if Wendling is available in the late third. If he is it's a nice pick. There are some who think he might be a better fit at FS though.

-It will be interesting to see if Alama-Francis lasts to the second day. He looks to be a very good 3-4 DE prospect, which could cause him to be taken earlier than this. Seems to be a wide range of grades on him, so it's hard to pinpoint a value.

-If Burgess is here this late it's a solid pick, but frankly I would be kind of nervous putting our hopes for the SAM position in the hands of both Burgess and Napoleon Harris, who is likely a better fit where he is now in the middle.

-Chris Leak, no thank you. I don't see any pro potential in him at all. Lack of height, lack of arm strength, questionable decision making. I honestly wouldn't use a draft pick on him.

-Fine with Robinson in the late rounds. Seems like a hard working type who could contribute on special teams or as a depth player.

-My hunch is that Doughty isn't there in round seven. He has character concerns that could drop him, true. But he'll get some looks from 3-4 teams looking for a nose tackle this year, and there really aren't a lot of ideal 3-4 nose tackle prospects.
    Overall a fairly good mock. Not a fan of round one, but you nailed Harrell and Datish in rounds 2 and 3; those are the exact prospects in the exact range I'd be looking at. The rest of the middle rounds looked solid with the only questions really being about value here and there.

As for your starting line-up, we obviously can't start 12 offensive players. On defense I don't think Wroten replaces Glover so soon. Otherwise, looks decent. We're basically starting the same offense that finished out the year, but we'd have 4-5 new defensive starters. Sounds about right.

rampete is offline Registered User

- Rams trade Pick 13 to the Patriots for R1P26 and R3P26.
    what a steal for the pats...again...

Quote Originally Posted by rampete View Post
    what a steal for the pats...again...
    That's true. According to the trade value chart we're really getting the shaft on that deal.

badmoforamfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    That's true. According to the trade value chart we're really getting the shaft on that deal.
    Is there a copy of a draft/trade chart somewhere on this site?

Quote Originally Posted by badmoforamfan View Post
    Is there a copy of a draft/trade chart somewhere on this site?
    Not on this site, but here's one...

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/fea...aluechart.html