Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    RamsSB99 is offline Registered User

Re: With the 13th pick, St. Louis selects Adam Carriker, DL, Nebraska

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Carriker ran a 4.72 at his pro day in Nebraska, which is what Arizona wide receiver Anquan Boldin ran at the NFL Scouting Combine in 2003.
    Good thing Martz is not here he may try to trun him into a receiver. He would be one hard guy to bring down. I would hate to be a 5'8 DB seeing a 6'5 300 lb guy that can run the 40 in 4.72 barreling down on me.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Adam Carriker: Weightlifter
    By Jeff Gordon
    04/29/2007 2:55 pm

During his introductory news conference at Rams Park, first-round draft pick Adam Carriker described his progress from 230-pound high school quarterback 295-pound collegiate defensive end to a projected 315-pound NFL nose tackle.

So what does he like to do off the field?

“I like to life (weights), I like to work out,” Carriker said.

As a quarterback, he could hurl the ball 75 yards down field. He was also hard to take down on a sack.

“We were 0-9,” he said with a smile. “I was running for my life. We won two games in high school in four years. We weren’t very good.”

Still, he had scholarships from Oregon and Washington State. But he was a huge Nebraska fan, so he jumped at the chance to join the Cornhuskers.

“They offered me as a defensive end,” he said. “Every year, I put on 10, 15 pounds.”

He is a big Grant Wistrom fans and he hopes to give the same sort of effort here. “He played like his hair was on fire,” Carriker said. “He played like somebody was chasing him.”
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

bruce4life is offline Registered User

lets hope he can even play like a little like grant wistrom

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

I just got off the phone with my brother, the one from Pittsburgh. He was full of draft talk and boy can he talk. He was telling me that he got to sit next to a Rooney, a Pittsburgh Steelers FO guy on a plane a couple of months ago on a plane and my brother ran his mouth for over an hour talking about past draft picks and current needs. That would have been entertaining to listen in on that conversation.

Well anyways, back to this thread..... my brother is pissed that we picked Carriker. He wanted this player. He thinks very highly of him. He read me a lot of details out of the draft guides and Carriker sounds like a great pick.

We talked about Tank Tyler also and I have to say that he does not sound like the best run stopper. I still have a good feeling about him, but maybe he was not the best fit for the Rams.

I am glad that we put the D line as a priority in this year's draft.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

keith m. klink Guest

THIS IS THE GUY , i had picked for weeks , this is the one i wanted to get , he will be a monster on our line . watch this gang go .

RealRam is offline Registered User

Good for you KK. The last few days prior to the draft I too was goining back and forth between Branch and Carriker. I'm now ELATED we picked the Cornhusker!

He will be a monster on our line. -- Keith M. Klink

AC ... Let's do it! :r

SaintVirgil is offline Registered User

I go to all of the Husker Home games and Adam Carriker is probably the best defensive lineman I have seen play since I have been going to games in 1998. His motor is unparalled and he has a work ethic comparable to Jerry Rice. This guy wasn't super highly rated in highscool but his motor and drive got him to his elite status... his senior stats were a little bit worse than his junior but that is because he ate up alot more double teams than in the past. My favorite part about him is his sure tackling, he engulfs people! I can only remember one instance where someone spun out of one of his tackles but 99.9% of the time he destroys people. This guy will definitely give the Rams alot of help. When I saw that the 9ers didn't take him I was elated with joy because I knew the Rams would make the right choice in picking him.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

If one of our second round DTs works out as an NT, or Wroten steps up as a UT, do you see Carriker playing at DE? That would be a mammoth line if it would happen.

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by tomahawk247 View Post
    If one of our second round DTs works out as an NT, or Wroten steps up as a UT, do you see Carriker playing at DE? That would be a mammoth line if it would happen.
    I think it would be worth looking at. They have a lot of new guys to try out for the line. They might as well try Carriker on the end and see how he does.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

smizzhfx is offline Registered User

I think they're going to put Carriker inside on passing downs and outside on running downs. He can really collapse the pocket from the inside and has the speed and power to play the edge.

bigredman is offline Registered User

This guy I believe will be used primarily inside at first until he learns professional pass rushing techniques. There may be stunts that will put him outside occasionally. Nevertheless, he won't be a huge impact guy for a couple of years, but he should help stop the bleeding of our run defense in the near future.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

I'm hoping for big things from Carriker regardless of the DT adjustment period. It's huge optimism on my part, but there are generally a few standout rookies every year who help their teams immensely. Here' hoping Carriker is that guy.

RebelYell is offline Registered User

Carriker will never play DE for the Rams. Someone on the radio mentioned he was already at 305 lbs and was expected to be at 310-315 before camp opens. The goal is to get him to a playing weight of 320 lbs.

WHY would a team move their best run stopper to DE at any time of the game? Stunts? yes. In college players move around but in the pro ranks you learn a position and you stick with it. It takes years to learn the hand and foot work techniques for each position at the pro level so it shouldn't be expected they will be giving him double the learning curve.

Country is offline Registered User

The future of the Rams UT spot is Adam Carriker.

TeeMo is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by JRoc View Post
    I think this guy has real superstar potential. He's one hell of a physical specimen. This is the kind of guy who can give an identity to our D.

I agree......110% with this. I think he is a Pro Bowl calibur player that can make an immediate impact on our lackluster defense.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast