Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    THOLTFAN81 is offline Registered User

With the 14th overall pick in the 2011 NFL Draft, the St. Louis Rams select:

Julio Jones, WR, Alabama

After reviewing some film as well as reading quite a few articles, I did my research on the two receievers and have actually determined that I would rather have Jones over Green, so here's hoping Green goes before Jones. I think both will be tremendous players at the next level, but I am enamored by Jones' size as well as other intangibles. He is quickly growing on me. With that here is a quick video I took off youtube and edited around to fit the theme:

AtlantaRamFan is offline Registered User

Re: With the 14th overall pick in the 2011 NFL Draft, the St. Louis Rams select:

When I click the embedded video, it says its set to private and won't let me watch. Just a heads up..my guess is no one else will be able to see it either.

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

Re: With the 14th overall pick in the 2011 NFL Draft, the St. Louis Rams select:

What's your YouTube account bro? I'll add you. Or you can always make it public.. Unless the copyright Nazis come over to ban your video, there are others places to upload other than YouTube.

think i fixed it

thanks for the heads up

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

This video is not half bad at all! It really has that feel of Leave Nothing with Steven Jackson and Shawne Merriman.

The Optimistic Lamb is offline Registered User

Jones over Green???
    What are you looking at? Cuz every vid, including yours, is Jones standing still catching a dink pass. That is not elite reciever material. Green can catch anything... anywhere on the field. He makes DB's look foolish.

haaaaaaaaaa you need your eyes checked if you are questioning me on what am i seeing. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but for you to put out that blasphamy "Julio Jones only catches dink and dunk passes in highlights" infuriates me. Check em out closer. There is clips of it taking 8 guys to tackle him. Catches across the middle, and a phenominal terribly thrown 1 handed catch bomb that rivals any play AJ Green has made. And for you to base a highlight video on whether a reciever will be elite...smh

I think they are both going to be franchise #1 wrs for whatever team they land on, and both teams are going to be extremely lucky to have either.

I view it more as Jones 1A Green 1B

Once again, just my opinion. I am in an extreme minority that thinks this, but we will see. I am real excited for the combine to see these two STUDS go H2H.

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Ehh. First off, I don't see what that short clip of him is supposed to prove. Is that supposed to make him look better? It was just a simple catch and run. However, the time taken to edit it is still appreciated.

Let's face it, Julio Jones has tremendous potential, but may never live up to it. His hands, although improved, still cannot compare to A.J Green.

His route running is solid sometimes, and mediocre other times.

He isn't that fast, and will need a strong combine to show that he has enough speed to be a decent deep threat in the NFL.

He isn't a great leaping catcher. You see A.J Green timing perfect jumps to snatch balls with his hands. Jones doesn't do that.

AND, Jones DID catch alot of dink and dunk passes. Alabama was a run-oriented team, and Jones caught alot of short routes, with some medium routes sprinkled in here and there. Long routes weren't seen as much.

I don't really see how one can make a case that Jones is more preferable than Green.

I don't know about you, but I don't want my #1 receiver's best trait to be a strong runner.

Jones could end up being nothing more than a glorified possession receiver who has lapses of concentration, or a Brandon Marshall type player. To me, I think he ends up somewhere in the middle, and perhaps a little bit to the left of it.
    Last edited by RockinRam; -02-05-2011 at 01:41 PM.

Ramendola16 is offline Registered User

After watching some tape, I feel confident in saying that even if he doesn't explode into a Pro Bowl player, he should still be a huge boost to any team he goes to and a great receiver. He just seems to be one of those big time players that plays the game well when the team needs it most. There's tape of him making the tough grabs, jumpers down the sideline, and crushing DB's who try to stop him.

Ehh. First off, I don't see what that short clip of him is supposed to prove. Is that supposed to make him look better? It was just a simple catch and run. However, the time taken to edit it is still appreciated.
    Never once said I made the clip to prove something or make him look better, was merely just something to show fellow Rams fans.

He isn't that fast, and will need a strong combine to show that he has enough speed to be a decent deep threat in the NFL.
    He is faster than AJ Green.

Jones could end up being nothing more than a glorified possession receiver who has lapses of concentration, or a Brandon Marshall type player. To me, I think he ends up somewhere in the middle, and perhaps a little bit to the left of it.
    If goes on to be a Brandon Marshall minus the attitude...I'd be thrilled

BarronWade is offline Registered User

Let me make this point clear i am not against getting Jones at #14 but i dont think he is a franchise #1 WR. I see him a deadly mid field receiver. He can also stretch the middle deep of the field. Jones also blocks we if we can put a talented receiver with Jones (maybe DX at full potential), Jones can become a DC nightmare.

Last year Jackson saw so many of his touches with 4 spread WR just think about Amendola and Jones on the inside together.

EDIT: lemme just clarify why i dont think he will be a #1 receiver: Jones barely get any separation and in the NFL the DBs are faster and more athletic. I just dont see Jones doing much in a one on one with a press coverage corner.
    Last edited by BarronWade; -02-05-2011 at 09:59 PM.

Keenum is offline Registered User

People still don't realize that Jones has amazing blocking skills! Think about all of those short passes we've done the past year, and also using Amendola on the end around. I've noticed several of those plays (especially in the last Seattle game) where the play we drawn up nicely, but the WRs just couldn't get good enough blocks. Jones would be a PERFECT fit! I'm just as pumped about his blocking skills as I am him as a receiving threat.

Plus, he is one tough man to bring down. I think with a bit of work he can be a stud WR. I just hope he is still around at #14. We actually need a WR to badly I would encourage the Rams to trade up if needed to get him. A lot will depend on his showing at the NFL combine.

terrible, terrible, terrible news. Redskins are gonna let Santana Moss' contract void.

not good for our chances at either wideout now.

this is just...im speechless

We've needed a true young #1 for the last 3-4 years.

For 3 years in a row we were too bad and too low to draft a WR

Now, we are too good and too high to draft one of the stud WRs

Come on man!

Though you can say it doesn't mean much, just remember who was the first one here to say Julio was faster, and overall better than AJ.

Ran a better forty, looked much better in all drills, had a better vertical jump and a ridiculous broad jump.

The bad news about being right though is that I think he improved his stock and won't fall to 14 now.

richtree is online now Registered User

Look J.Jones looks strong but he only got up 17 reps....many CBs, especially the good ones he will be matched up against will make it tough for him to block.....

Hankerson is looking great right now, and a trade down where we go :

Handkerson, DT, DE/OLB is looking better and better

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast