Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Re: With the 154th pick, St. Louis selects Clifton Ryan, DL, Michigan State

Cool website. Too bad all the players don't have sites like those. Maybe he is looking for a way to sell himself.

I like his attitude. He has some potential and some flaws. I think he will end up playing on the inside.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RealRam is offline Registered User

MSU Spartans have CR listed at 6-2", 302. Let's say he matures into a 305 frame. Warren Sapp is who he is at 300 pounds, also 6-2" (no, I'm not thinking Ryan will be a Sapp Pro Bowler all of a sudden). I agree with Z.nrd, this player is not too small at all, just a bit on the 'compact' type of DT.

With the right attitude of his own and dedicated Rams coaching injected into his development, this pick might yield considerably better results than Wrotten of last year. Let's go to work!
    Last edited by RealRam; -04-29-2007 at 06:04 PM. Reason: Content

keith m. klink Guest

WROTEN, will be starting this year , rams have said that this year he is looking like the 1st round draft pick he should have been last year . is in the mode to take over and be the player he was thought to be . in so many words , (not dirrect quote , but same meanings) these two kids , RYANS and JACKSON , will make the team , and be the backups and developement players . now it's up to KENNEDY and GLOVER to either play up their game or be moved on by cut or trade.

bigredman Guest

This is the Ram's diamond in the rough pick. Linehan is definitely building what he hopes to be "the wall" on the defensive line. Only this guy's determination and ambition will determine if he ends up a DT or DE. For now, his talent will be utilized to plug the middle against the run.

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Nice selection here. We're really making an effort to get bigger up front.

CRAZYHORNS is offline Registered User

Re: With the 154th pick, St. Louis selects Clifton Ryan, DE, Michigan State

Quote Originally Posted by Country View Post
    He is 310lbs. he is a DT not a DE so my question is, where is the pass rush?
    I will settle for just stopping the run..........

Schemes and shutting down the run will allow the Rams to come up with a pass rush......

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

we didnt get a lot of sacks last year because the opposition RBs always had the ball!

more passing by the opposition means more sacks and INTs

keith m. klink Guest

BIGREDMAN, had a great quote , and that is true . linehan has brought in all three of those players to play the inside . CARRIKER , RYAN , and JACKSON . none of them were brought in to play end. so KENNEDY and GLOVER are the one's on the spot. LINEHAN likes the direction that WROTEN is going (know's the system now , and came to voluntary camp in awesome shape , much stronger now.) so it seem's that LITTLE , HALL , VA , and the DE pickup from oakland , will be the foursome at end's . next years draft will probably focus on DE'S , WR'S. in the top 2-3 rounds . I JUST WANT TO STATE THE FACT THAT I REALLY BELIEVE , AFTER THESE TWO DRAFT'S , WITH ALOT OF PISSING AND MOANING FROM SOME PEOPLE HERE , LINEHAN HAS MY TOTAL CONFIDENCE IN HIS BUILDING THIS TEAM WITH THE CORRECT FORMULA AND PIECES. AND THEY SEEM TO ALL BE GOOD CHARACTER PLAYERS.

Country Guest

Quote Originally Posted by keith m. klink View Post
    BIGREDMAN, had a great quote , and that is true . linehan has brought in all three of those players to play the inside . CARRIKER , RYAN , and JACKSON . none of them were brought in to play end. so KENNEDY and GLOVER are the one's on the spot. LINEHAN likes the direction that WROTEN is going (know's the system now , and came to voluntary camp in awesome shape , much stronger now.) so it seem's that LITTLE , HALL , VA , and the DE pickup from oakland , will be the foursome at end's . next years draft will probably focus on DE'S , WR'S. in the top 2-3 rounds . I JUST WANT TO STATE THE FACT THAT I REALLY BELIEVE , AFTER THESE TWO DRAFT'S , WITH ALOT OF PISSING AND MOANING FROM SOME PEOPLE HERE , LINEHAN HAS MY TOTAL CONFIDENCE IN HIS BUILDING THIS TEAM WITH THE CORRECT FORMULA AND PIECES. AND THEY SEEM TO ALL BE GOOD CHARACTER PLAYERS.

Kennedy and Glover are on the spot lets hope that at least 2 of the draft picks work out so we can trim the fat next year and open up cap space.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123