THOLTFAN81 is offline Registered User

1999: Trent Green signs

The St. Louis Rams signed the free-agent quarterback Trent Green to a four-year, $16.5 million contract yesterday, calling an end to the Tony Banks era after three and a half seasons.

Coach Dick Vermeil made it clear at a news conference that Green was being brought in as the starter. The Rams have made a qualifying offer to Banks, a restricted free agent, and will most likely sign him and trade him.

Vermeil said that Kurt Warner, the third-stringer last season, is now the backup to Green, 29, who started the 1998 season as an unheralded third-stringer for the Washington Redskins, but ended up starting 14 games and completing 278 of 509 passes for 3,441 yards and 23 touchdowns.

The old days...hope to see a new article saying that within the next two days.

rammiser is offline Registered User

Re: Trent Green signs

Man i almost freaked ot when I saw the 4 yrs for 16 mil. I get that we need a backup qb but I thought this team was getting younger i.e the release of Bruce. I guess at qb we are getting older and more injury prone. I didnt want to draft jake Long but considering the fact that we cannot afford to let Bulger go down we better draft o-lineman in the first 3 rounds just to be safe. If Bulger goes down and Green takes a errant punt in practice to the head like Bulger did last year and we are down to who Brock Berlin. Great just what we need. I still say we should take a chance on Carr. He can take a beating and gets up every time. I wonder if Loserhan will only take 2 qb's into the regular season again.
    Just Fix It