Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Re: With the 1st pick in the 2011 NFL draft....

Quote Originally Posted by McKnight View Post
    We don't know that yet. all these scouts and "experts" have been wrong many times. EX Tom Brady.. Kurt Warner.. why do we even listen to experts when it comes to a players ability to play the game? they don't do tests at the combine to test a players heart and determination do they?
    I see. So you're able to make accurate judgments about Tebow's leadership, heart, and will to win from your couch. But scouts and "experts" who have been studying players for years are wrong when many of them arrive at very similar conclusions about Tebow's lack of NFL fundamentals when it comes to the quarterback position.

EDIT: Let me clarify beyond my hefty and perhaps over the top dose of sarcasm. If you want to disagree with something a scout says, by all means do so. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. But no one is questioning Tebow's heart, desire, or toughness. What's being questioned are whether he has the physical tools and has refined the fundamentals of playing the quarterback position. And many agree that he hasn't. Continuing to repeat how much heart and determination he has doesn't change that, and simply posing the question "Well they could be wrong, couldn't they?" isn't an entirely convincing counter-argument to those points.
    Last edited by Nick; -09-29-2009 at 09:37 AM.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Bar-bq View Post
    WHAT KIND OF A RESPONSE IS THAT?

SOMETIMES I QUESTION YOUR COMMITMENT TO THIS TEAM, TO YOUR FELLOW POSTERS AND TO YOUR MODERATORS. GET IT TOGETHER OR YOU'LL BE RIDING THE PINE FOR AS LONG AS I'M THE HYPERVOCAL FAUX-LEADER OF THIS IMAGINARY FRANCHISE.

To be honest, I can kind of see what you're driving at, Hub.
    Right? I mean, if yelling were the indicator of leadership, shouldn't there have been more "Sam Kennison for Pres. '88" signs 20 years ago?
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Rambunctious is offline Registered User

I just shot the Florida vs Kentucky game. Tebow had the flu, took two IVs before the game, played and was still in the game late in the 3rd quarter when they were up 34 to 7.

He left the game after taking a hit that caused the back of his head to slam into the ground. He ended up being carted off the field and transported to the local hospital. The first thing he asked Coach Meyer while he was still laying on the ground was... "Did I hold onto the ball."

From my personal observations over the years I would never question Tebow's heart, will or passion.

I do however agree that the odds are stacked against him being a successful NFL quarterback.

Warner4prez is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Rambunctious View Post
    I just shot the Florida vs Kentucky game. Tebow had the flu, took two IVs before the game, played and was still in the game late in the 3rd quarter when they were up 34 to 7.

He left the game after taking a hit that caused the back of his head to slam into the ground. He ended up being carted off the field and transported to the local hospital. The first thing he asked Coach Meyer while he was still laying on the ground was... "Did I hold onto the ball."

From my personal observations over the years I would never question Tebow's heart, will or passion.

I do however agree that the odds are stacked against him being a successful NFL quarterback.
    If this is true I may have just given Tebow his first rep point.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12