RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

2/6/07 Rams Mock

Free Agents:
    Charles Grant DE New Orleans
    Ken Hamlin FS Seattle (attempt to move Atogwe to SS)
    Terdell Sands NT Oakland

The Draft:
    Round 1: Patrick Willis LB Ole Miss
    - The Reason: Patrick Willis really is interesting, not because some say he's the next Ray Lewis but because he could shift to the SAM and make a big impact and play that very effectively at a High Level. He has the size, bulk, speed, and strengh you need there, he can also shed blockers which is very big for that position, also has that mean streak that the Rams are trying to get.

Round 2: Victor Abiamiri DE Notre Dame
    - The Reason: Victor Abiamiri is a pass rusher, the Rams need Pass Rushers. Leonard Little isn't going to last for eternity and although doesn't show signs of slowing down, he's about to hit that part of his career where things start going down hill. Abiamiri would be able to come in, maybe take some of the load off of Little and could learn from Little. Abiamiri finished the 2006 season with 10.5 sacks.

Round 3: Paul Williams WR Fresno State
    - The Reason: Paul Williams is a Ted Ginn Jr. type of player, that didn't have the Troy Smith that Ginn had, therefor Williams was really the star of Fresno and had to do what his stats tell on his own. Williams is a terreffic KR/PR and is a pretty good WR also, although not the best route runner we have Torry Holt and Isaac Bruce that could teach him how to be a better route runner.

Round 4: Selvin Young RB Texas
    - The Reason: Linehan has shown that he wants to have a Power Running game by signing Stephen Davis as the back up, and Kay-Jay Harris as the 3rd string runningbacks all have power and bring the 'Power' name to the Rams backfield. Selvin Young would also bring that although he'd bring youth to the table and the Rams could potentially have a 1 - 2 punch in Jackson/Young.

Round 5: Isaiah Stanback QB Washington

Round 5: Stanley Doughty DT South Carolina

Round 6: Marcus Paschal S Iowa

Round 7: Justin Medlock K U.C.L.A

RamsFan16

BIG-BLUE is offline Registered User

Re: 2/6/07 Rams Mock

I like this mock with the F/A signings, But i would look for more depth at the OL in the later rounds. Would love to see the Rams become a aggressive nasty defense and this mock would be the start down the right path.

bruce4life is offline Registered User

pick up oscar lua..... end of story

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan16 View Post
    Ken Hamlin FS Seattle (attempt to move Atogwe to SS)
    Not sure I'm a fan of this plan. I would have been more open to Atogwe playing SS before watching him this season. What he showed me in run support and tackling angles this year doesn't make me very confident in him successfully making a switch.

Round 1: Patrick Willis LB Ole Miss
    The story remains the same for me. Willis is a great prospect but I still feel he'd be better inside than he would be out. And I'm still not convinced the value is there to project him as a top 15 pick.

Round 2: Victor Abiamiri DE Notre Dame
    I personally don't think he's there for us in round two. If he is it's a good pick but I think it's unlikely.

Round 3: Paul Williams WR Fresno State
    I've made my opinions on Williams known in previous threads, but there is one thing I'd like to comment on. You say he's a terrific KR/PR, but he had virtually no experience in college as a return man. I believe in his entire college career he only returned 3-4 kicks/punts. If anything, the next guy in your mock has more return experience.

Round 4: Selvin Young RB Texas
    Not sure what to think here. A late January report from Jim Thomas said, "Coach Scott Linehan seems to prefer big backs, but a change of pace speed back who can catch the ball out of the backfield, and return kicks would seem to be ideal." You could probably go either way and be able to make a case for the pick, which you did. Works for me.

Round 5: Isaiah Stanback QB Washington
    I think there are better quarterbacks to be had in round five, and I'd be really hesitant on taking someone coming off of a Lisfranc injury. My understanding is that those aren't easy to rehab from.

Round 5: Stanley Doughty DT South Carolina
    Might be a bit early for him but he fits the role of a big bodied lineman.

Round 6: Marcus Paschal S Iowa
    Ideally you'd probably want more size in a safety but he's a fine depth pick this late.

Round 7: Justin Medlock K U.C.L.A
    You think we'd draft a place kicker over a punter? I think if we address one of those two spots, it's probably punter to give Turk someone to compete with. A kicker is probably an immediate practice squad player, what with Wilkins on the roster.

Country is offline Registered User

I don't know about some parts but on the whole it is good.

I like the Hamlin pick up even though it may be a luxury. The S position played alright this year but Hamlin would be an upgrade over anyone we have at the position.

I like Willis at 13 and if he is better inside then maybe Haslett has to move Spoon. All I know is the man is a tackling machine something that the Rams need after missed tackles killed them last year.

The main problem with the draft is the lack of OL depth. After this year OL depth is a key offseason priority.