RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

2 Linebackers in first two Rounds?

I'm just making up a bunch of speculations. Ok now perhaps we draft DeMeco Ryans in the 1st Round or Greenway... That would only fill up one linebacker spot which would be outside. If come 2nd Round Pope is taken and Abdul Hodge still stands. What would you guys think if we traded up to get Abdul Hodge. Would it be worth it and have taken 1st Round: Ryans/Greenway and 2nd Round: Hodge... What would you guys think about that... 2 Linebacker spots filled up and then next pick take Hesner from the U?

RamsFan16

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: 2 Linebackers in first two Rounds?

Honestly, I wouldn't like it. Ryans or Greenway in the first would depend on how they work out. It wouldn't be great value, but I could live with it. But trading up in the second to take another linebacker would be a mistake, I believe. As would be taking Hester with the next pick, because of how much development he's going to need at the next level.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

stefer_footballdude1 is offline Registered User

our problem is not the outside lbs its the dt's (except picket maybe) and mlb...

HUbison is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan16
    I'm just making up a bunch of speculations. Ok now perhaps we draft DeMeco Ryans in the 1st Round or Greenway... That would only fill up one linebacker spot which would be outside. If come 2nd Round Pope is taken and Abdul Hodge still stands. What would you guys think if we traded up to get Abdul Hodge. Would it be worth it and have taken 1st Round: Ryans/Greenway and 2nd Round: Hodge... What would you guys think about that... 2 Linebacker spots filled up and then next pick take Hesner from the U?
    A variation that I could live with is to trade our #11 for Denver's #22 and #30. In that situation, we could probably still have a shot at Ryans (#22) and certainly Hodge (#30)...........but I don't know that there's anybody in the #10-#15 range that would interest Denver enough to make the trade.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod