onslaught11 is offline Registered User

2008 Draft early predictions and ramblings

My 2008 draft early prediction and ramblings:

1. If Calais Campbell does not declare for the draft, I believe Tyson Jackson DE LSU will be the first player taken in the 2008 draft. If Campbell does declare, he will the first person taken.

I think it would go something like this:

1. Tyson Jackson/Calais Campbell
    2. Darren McFadden
    3. Brian Brohm

2. I think Brian Brohm is overrated. I think his backup QB (Hunter Cantwell?) is a better QB.

3. Is Marcus Monk WR Arkansas related to Art Monk?

4. Andre Caldwell WR Florida reminds me of every UF WR in the nfl. Forgettable.

5. Steve Slaton RB WVU will have fumbling problems when he get to the NFL.

6. All 3 USC Linebacker will be in next years draft. Out of the 3, I believe Brian Cushing will be the first one selected and will be the 1st LB selected in the draft.

7. Teams will think Glen Dorsey DT LSU has maxed out at 300 lbs and can not be a 3 down DT which will slip him to the early 20's in the first round.

8. If Tommy Blake DE TCU fall to the Rams pick in the 2nd round, then the Rams should pick him up. He will be a stud in the mold of Leonard Little.

9. Adarius Bowman WR OK State reminds me of the bust selected by the Whiners in the first round a few years back.

10. These are the players I want the Rams to select next year in order of no particular order

1. Tyson Jackson DE LSU
    2. Calais Campbell DE U of Miami
    3. Brian Cushing LB USC
    4. Frank Okam DT Texas
    5. Tommy Blake DE TCU
    6. Dre Moore DT Maryland
    7. DeSean Jackson WR Cal
    8. Chris Long DE Virginia
    9. Red Bryant DT Texas A&M
    10. DeMario Pressley DT NC State
    11. Mario Manningham WR Michigan
    12. Shawn Crable LB Michigan
    13. Bo Ruud LB Nebraska
    14. Marcus Monk WR Arkansas
    15. Will Arnold G LSU
    16. Matt Ryan QB Boston College

This will change as the college season goes on.:r

We will create such an onslaught against humanity that our enemies will take generations before ever thinking of attacking us again.
    -- General William Jauro-Smythe Killan
    before the battle of Tupiero Do
    :angryram:

ramsplaya16 is offline Registered User

Re: 2008 Draft early predictions and ramblings

Ok, I see that you live in florida and you seem to be very high on calais cambell, I also live in florida and I am a die hard hurricanes fan( I go to just about every home game), but Calais has only been a starter for 1 year and he has very good size for a DE, I think he is 6'6, but he has only been a starter for one year, its a little early to be declaring who you think should emerge as our draft pick because you haven't seen if the DE position has been adressed this season because you haven't even seen them play. Who knows? Who could have the best DE's in the game next year, I understand that leonard little is getting old but lets wait and see how our ends do this year,although I am not against selecting calais cambell, he was one of my favorite players on the team last year (besides baby J, and Meriweather, I would love to have a Player from the U on our team becauseplayers from the U normally bring Fire and attitue to your team, so calais cambell has LOTS of potential and I would love to have him, but lets wait to see how our ends do this season before we start declaring draft picks
    Built RAM tough

HUbison is online now Superbowl MVP

The 2008 class should have good size in the LB corp....certainly compared to this year's draft. Would be a good year for Haslett to bulk his LB corp a little after leaving it alone in this draft. Still dominated by Wills at the top, but there are a larger selection of 4-3 Sams and (assuming the top juniors come out), the depth at Mike is better and bigger.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

39thebeast is offline Registered User

thinking about this is little early, but at this point i like Mario Maningham at WR, Calais Campbell and Lawrence Jackson at DE, and at lb James Laurinatis and

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

I should have an article up soon featuring some potential areas of need for the Rams and some top 2008 prospects to keep an eye out for. Watch for it soon!
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Ram-Genious Guest

one sticks out to me!! john david booty. if usc wins the championship next year, he will be a top 10 pick like leinart was.

onslaught11 is offline Registered User

I know it is early to look at 08 draft but it is fun. The draft is for future needs; about 2-3 years down the line. Not many rookies come in and dominate.

As I see with the Rams; in 2-3 years we will need a DE (to replace Leonard Little) and a WR (to replace Isaac Bruce).

I see that the Rams in the '08 draft will be concentrating on 2 positions along with an outside shot at SLB.

What I see is the Rams needs will be in '08:

1a. DE
    1b. WR
    2. SLB
    Last edited by onslaught11; -05-11-2007 at 03:25 PM.
    We will create such an onslaught against humanity that our enemies will take generations before ever thinking of attacking us again.
    -- General William Jauro-Smythe Killan
    before the battle of Tupiero Do
    :angryram:

39thebeast is offline Registered User

you never know what might happen maybe Brandon Chillar plays well this year or if we pick up a young pass rushing DE free like Terelle Suggs who is a UFA in next year. I like Tyson Jackson,Mario Manningham , and James Lauranatis in the first. Tommy Blake , DJ Hall, and Johnathan Goff in the second

rams_fan81 is offline Registered User

Who said Lauranatis is leaving he is only a junior next year.

LinkBacks (?)

1. -04-07-2008, 03:38 PM