Country is offline Registered User

2008 Mock Draft [Country]

2008 NFL Mock Draft

1[1] Oakland: RB Darren McFadden* [Arkansas]

The Raiders improved but they will still be pretty bad as they rebuild. McFadden is an elite RB with tools in every aspect of the game.

1[2] Minnesota: QB Brian Brohm [Louisville]

The Tavaris Jackson experiment with no real WRs and no TE to talk about will create some serious offensive worries.

1[3] Buffalo: LB Rey Maluauga* [USC]

The Bills offense will improve with the new DL and RB, but the defense was stripped down and they are in an improving division.

1[4] Kansas City: OT Jake Long [Michigan]

The Chiefs OL has been torn apart by retirements and they have not improved at the position. Long is the best OT in the draft with legit size and ability.

1[5] Dallas [Clev]: WR Mario Maningham* [Michigan]

The Cowboys are loving their trade from this year with the Browns and use it to get younger and more athletic at WR.

1[6] Washington: DE Calias Campbell* [Miami]

Campbell was thrown into the spotlight after the death of Bryan Pata and responded with a double digit sack season and at 6’8” 275lbs. he is an elite pass rusher.

1[7] Miami: QB Chad Henne [Michigan]

Nice move passing on Brady Quinn, Henne is too good to pass on after Culpepper struggles behind and OL with no LT.

1[8] Houston: RB Steve Slaton* [West Virginia]

Ahman Green is a short term answer and after him there is very little at RB, Slaton is a true number one RB.

1[9] Arizona: S Kenny Phillips* [Miami]

A division that is loading up at WR requires some serious talent on the back end. Phillips has been described as a combination of Sean Taylor and Ed Reed.

1[10] Tennessee: WR DeSean Jackson* [Cal]

Tennessee neglected to get a number 1 target for Vince Young and Jackson has the speed to get very deep.

1[11] Detroit: DE Tyson Jackson* [LSU]

The offense will get them into the playoffs, but the defense will cause them to lose. The Rams need to get younger at DE after Adam Carriker moves to DT.

1[12] NY Giants: OT Sam Baker [USC]

No LT for Eli Manning means another poor season. Baker is a legit LT with good pass protection ability.

1[13] Tampa Bay: DT Glen Dorsey [LSU]

Dorsey fits the mold of a Tampa DT he is smaller and explosive and would help to fill the void of Warren Sapp and Booger McFarland.

1[14] Green Bay: WR Limas Sweed [Texas]

The Packers have an average WR core, but have very little size at the position. Sweed is 6’5” and produced in a big school.

1[15] Jacksonville: CB Atoine Cason [Arizona]

The Jags have one of the best CBs in the NFL in Rasheed

1[16] New England [SF]: LB James Laurantias* [Ohio State]

The inside LBs on the Patriots are on their way out and Laurantias is in the mold of a Bellichek LB.

1[17] Atlanta: OT Jared Gaither [Maryland]

Bobby Petrino loves big OL and with the ancient Wayne Gandy at LT the 6’9” Gaither is an easy pick.

1[18] Pittsburgh: CB DeMarcus Gibson [Georgia]

Gibson has the SEC speed to cover the improving WRs in the AFC North.,

1[19] Philadelphia: WR Marcus Monk [Arkansas]

The Eagles receiving core is not bad, but it does not have the 6’6” size that Monk brings to the offense.

1[20] NY Jets: NT Frank Okam [Texas]

The Jets are trying to run a 3-4 defense without a true NT which is difficult. Okam is 6’5” 325lbs. and can play that NT spot.

1[21] Denver: DT Sedrick Ellis [USC]

The Broncos showed their desperation on the DL this year and will focus back on it this year with an inside pass rusher.

1[22] Carolina: S Micheal Hamlin [Clemson]

The Panthers have not addressed a worsening and aging safety core and this pick brings size and youth to the defensive backfield.

1[23] Cincinnati: LB Xavier Adibi [Virginia Tech]

Cincinnati’s LB core is going through a make over and Adibi is flat out fast.

1[24] St. Louis: DE Lawrence Jackson [USC]

With Carriker moving into the DT spot the Rams will look to bring youth to a DE core that has to 30 year old starters.

1[25] Baltimore: OT Barry Richardson [Clemson]

Ogden is almost done and Richardson gives them a 6’7” 345lbs. option to fill his spot.

1[26] Seattle: TE Martin Rucker [Missouri]

Seattle has never had an impact TE and Rucker can come in and help the short passing game.

1[27] Dallas: OT Gosper Cherilus [Boston College]

Flozell is done in big D after this season and Cherilus brings similar size to the LT position.

1[28] Chicago: QB Colt Brennan [Hawaii]

Finally the Rex Grossman experiment ends with the selection of the gun slinging Brennan.

1[29] San Francisco [Indy]: WR Early Doucet [LSU]

The ***** are developing a nice young offense and they ass the speedy Doucet to the receiving core.

1[30] San Diego: LB Dan Connor [Penn State]

San Diego has lost the middle of their defense and they address it with another hard nosed Penn State LB.

1[31] New Orleans: CB Dwight Lowery [San Diego St.]

The Saints secondary is not that good and the CB position is old and weak.

1[32] New England: OG Will Arnold [LSU]

The Patriots don’t have a lot of needs, but Arnold is a tough run blocker who is a value pick at this point.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: 2008 Mock Draft [Country]

I'm not even kiddin'......I will delete any post that says anything along the lines of WAY TOO EARLY.

Of course it is, but that's not the point. Country is simply casting an eye to the future. Either play with him or don't, but a post of TOO EARLY is not needed in any way.

Just a little preemptive strike for what I know would come otherwise.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Revelstoke is offline Registered User

Since we are looking to the future with this, and Country has us picking a DE, whats the RFA and UFA crop of DEs going to look like next year?
    "There's only one way to succeed in anything, and that is to give it everything. I do, and I demand that my players do."
    - Vince Lombardi

39thebeast is offline Registered User

there no to many great DE free agents next year behind Terrell Suggs of the ravens who is a young beast of the edge this site has a link to all the free agents next year

http://www.kffl.com/static/nfl/featu...tion=DL&y=2008

Quote Originally Posted by 39thebeast View Post
    there no to many great DE free agents next year behind Terrell Suggs of the ravens who is a young beast of the edge this site has a link to all the free agents next year
    WOW you weren't kidding! Suggs is pretty much the only name on that list that stands out. A few older guys, but it sure makes me wish we picked up a little youth in the draft this year.
    "There's only one way to succeed in anything, and that is to give it everything. I do, and I demand that my players do."
    - Vince Lombardi

cfh128 is offline Registered User

What, no trades?

39thebeast is offline Registered User

imagine if we picked up Suggs he is a proven talent and only 25 or 26 and that opens up options for a SLB like Brian Cushing if he comes out, or a WR

imagine if we picked up Suggs he is a proven talent and only 25 or 26 and that opens up options for a SLB like Brian Cushing if he comes out, or a WR
    I was about to say theres no way Baltimore lets him walk, and then i remembered that they didn't really even bat an eye when Thomas left so I suppose its really possible he hits the market.

But if the cap goes up again next year, hes going to get PAID!!! and in a rather large way I would think.
    - Vince Lombardi

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

http://www.kffl.com/static/nfl/featu...tion=DL&y=2008
    I'm not sure this is a complete list though. For example, I don't see Kennedy's name on there.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    I'm not sure this is a complete list though. For example, I don't see Kennedy's name on there.
    I guess they think about as highly as him as most rams fans do!
    - Vince Lombardi

timsum1283 is offline Registered User

I like your picks but not your order

Country is offline Registered User

The reason that the Ravens did not resign Adalius Thomas was because they wanted to leave room for Terrell Suggs and with Ogden retiring soon they will have a ton of money to resign him.

Keep in mind the Rams might have to tighten the purse strings as new deals are comig for Steven Jackson and Marc Bulger.