Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Warner4prez is offline Registered User

Re: The 2010 ClanRam Mod Mock Draft - Discussion Thread

Best available DB or LB. I know Vikings football almost as well as I know Rams football and their DB's are a joke! Winfield never fully recovered from his foot injury and Griffin is a major liability in pass coverage.
    DT could be a smart pick. Fat Pat was going to retire this year, but is going to give 'er a go one more year and will be gone next year for sure.
    I hope they take a punter.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Well, our first round is done. The Rams have a lot of good options with the 33rd pick, including (in no particular order):

Jared Odrick, DT, Penn State
    Everson Griffen, DE, USC
    Jahvid Best, RB, California
    Vladimir Ducasse, OT, Massachusetts
    Jermaine Gresham, TE, Oklahoma

So, laram0....

Who's it gonna be?

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

I must admit, I'm not excited about putting off the D until pick #65, but how nice would it be to reunite the Bradford/Gresham connection? Look up the Ok vs. Ok St. game from November 29th, 2008, and tell me you wouldn't be excited too?
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    I must admit, I'm not excited about putting off the D until pick #65, but how nice would it be to reunite the Bradford/Gresham connection? Look up the Ok vs. Ok St. game from November 29th, 2008, and tell me you wouldn't be excited too?
    Well, laram, you pulled the trigger on it, and I gotta say I like it. Bradford/Gresham? Hard to argue against it.

Though being a Defense kinda guy, I would like to see the next 2 or 3 rounds used for that side of the ball, but we certainly got an immediate upgrade on the O side.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

If Gresham is 100% healthy, he is a very good pick. Can't think of a better safety blanket for Bradford.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

It was a tough pick because I like Odrick and Best. After reading some of the scouting reports on both guys here is what pushed me to Gresham.

Odrick- Best suited for a cover 2 or 3-4 defense. Not great at stopping the run. Whether that's true or not those 2 questionables moved me to Jahvid Best next.

Best- A great runner but not a great runningback. Has good hands but lacks power and is a poor pass blocker. So I moved onto Gresham.

Obviously there were postives on both Odrick and Best but the negatives hit home with me.

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    It was a tough pick because I like Odrick and Best. After reading some of the scouting reports on both guys here is what pushed me to Gresham.

Odrick- Best suited for a cover 2 or 3-4 defense. Not great at stopping the run. Whether that's true or not those 2 questionables moved me to Jahvid Best next.

Best- A great runner but not a great runningback. Has good hands but lacks power and is a poor pass blocker. So I moved onto Gresham.

Obviously there were postives on both Odrick and Best but the negatives hit home with me.

NTM Odrick is probably a rotational DT at least at first and Best would just be a back up to Jax and would also only see the field on a limited basis.

Gresham, OTOH, would project as an instant starter almost from day one.

Great pick laramo, I just hope that he's there. I've been reading that a lot of Patriots and Ravens fans are wanting him big time.

WHAT SAY YE?

01d 0rd3r is offline Registered User

I like the pick but I would have gone with Odrick myself. With Jimmy Graham coming out and probably lasting to the 4th round then I would have gotten a DT earlier in the draft. Still cant argue that Gresham would be a great pick with the chemistry that they have built up already.

Ventesette is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RAMarkable View Post
    NTM Odrick is probably a rotational DT at least at first and Best would just be a back up to Jax and would also only see the field on a limited basis.

Gresham, OTOH, would project as an instant starter almost from day one.

Great pick laramo, I just hope that he's there. I've been reading that a lot of Patriots and Ravens fans are wanting him big time.

WHAT SAY YE?
    Good points, but the NFL is a rotational league now. Part time playmakers may well be worth more than full time JAGs. Leon Washington or Darren Sproles > Chris Baker.

I'm not saying Gresham will only be a Chris Baker, just pointing out that just because a guy is on the field for more plays doesn't mean he is making a greater impact.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123