View Poll Results: Which potential top prospect will you have your eye on this season?

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sam Bradford (QB, Oklahoma)

14 23.73%
  • Colt McCoy (QB, Texas)

8 13.56%
  • Dez Bryant (WR, Oklahoma State)

6 10.17%
  • Arrelious Benn (WR, Illinois)

1 1.69%
  • Trent Williams (OT, Oklahoma)

0 0%
  • Terrence Cody (DT, Alabama)

5 8.47%
  • Carlos Dunlap (DE, Florida)

11 18.64%
  • Greg Hardy (DE, Mississippi)

3 5.08%
  • Brandon Graham (DE, Michigan)

1 1.69%
  • Taylor Mays (S, USC)

6 10.17%
  • Eric Berry (S, Tennessee)

0 0%
  • Other (please list)

4 6.78%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

2010 DRAFT: Which potential top prospect will you have your eye on this season?

I've listed a couple of the big name players that are either seniors or will be eligible underclassmen for the 2010 draft.

Which one will you be paying extra attention to? If he's not on my list, vote Other and tell us who it is.

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

Re: 2010 DRAFT: Which potential top prospect will you have your eye on this season?

Good list, Nick, but I decided to vote for other and picked Russell Okung OT from Oklahoma State.

WHAT SAY YE?

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: 2010 DRAFT: Which potential top prospect will you have your eye on this season?

Oh, my......like a kid in a candy store. I'll certainly be watching those big physical WRs (Bryant, Benn). And speaking of big, how nice would our line be with the inside monster Cody, or the outside monster Dunlap? Granted, I'm betting most folks will try to relegate these two to 3-4 Ds; especially Dunlap. However, I disagree. I think BOTH are athletic enough to play NT or DE respectively on our 4-3.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

jmk321 is offline Registered User

I voted Dez Bryant. Not because I want the Rams to get him but because he is just my favorite player out of the group. It's also going to be tough for the Rams to get any of these players next year when they have the 32nd pick....

Cabo3334 is offline Registered User

Haha I think he means when we trade up..

Varg6 is online now Registered User

It really all depends on how well Bulger plays this year. I'd like to see us get the QB of the future, especially if we are in the top 10...

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

Mooselini is offline Registered User

I voted Colt McCoy.

I think Bradford will be the better player, but for the most part, we already know that.

If Bulger can't get things together, it's time to replace him. So Bradford or McCoy will be the ones I'm eyeing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Devaney, if you care about this team... fire the offensive coordinator!!!!

MB10HOF is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Varg6 View Post
    It really all depends on how well Bulger plays this year. I'd like to see us get the QB of the future, especially if we are in the top 10...
    Varg, you're correct on one point here. We will see how well Bulger plays this year. But really, QB of the future....give me one potential quarterback draftee with the ability to put up the kind of numbers that Marc has while healthy. Us taking a quarterback in the first round would be like Carolina taking a runningack in the 1st.

bigredman is offline Registered User

I picked McCoy.

1. He's Irish.

2. He has a cool football name.

3. He has a good arm, field vision, accurate, plays with a lot of enthusiasm, and is mobile.

4. We need to select our heir apparent for Bulger this coming draft. It's time. As Bulger ends his career in the next two years, this kid can learn and be ready.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Varg6 is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by MB10HOF View Post
    Varg, you're correct on one point here. We will see how well Bulger plays this year. But really, QB of the future....give me one potential quarterback draftee with the ability to put up the kind of numbers that Marc has while healthy. Us taking a quarterback in the first round would be like Carolina taking a runningack in the 1st.
    I'm not a draft expert, but I'm pretty sure this year's QB selections are really nice, from what I understand. We'll see how it all pans out. The way the injuries are going with WRs, we might be taking a WR with our first pick. It's definitely going to be an interesting year.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

btimsah Guest

As an Oklahoman I can say that Bradford is the real deal. I knew Jason White probably wasn't NFL caliber. But Slingin' Sammy has something. But, as always what we draft depends on what kind of year we've had.

We might even have to go Offensive line if this offensive line "sucks" again. We have 3 guys who are supposed to be good;

Jacob Bell
    Jason Brown
    Alex Barron

But, every year we seem to struggle up front. I am not big on Incognito or Alex Barron.

RamJackson39 is offline Registered User

Ok. So here's my short list of the top prospects for the Rams in this draft.

1. Terrance Cody- My favorite player in the draft, hands down. This kid could come in tomorrow and be starting for the Rams by Sunday. He has outstanding strength, and has spent the summer dropping weight so that he can be a better pass rusher. The only thing I see him having a problem with in the NFL is conditioning. And coming from Tuscaloosa where he spends his time practicing under the hot Alabama sun, I dont think conditioning will be a huge issue. He will be a top ten DT by year two. The most dominant defensive lineman I've ever seen play at Alabama.

2. Greg Hardy- This is the kid with the most upside of any player in the draft. Easily the most dynamic pass rusher, he has all the talent to be a top ten pick. My only problem with him is his ability to stay healthy and inconsistency. He will blow up on a good team for two or three sacks and then disappears the next week against Vanderbilt. I dont like players that dont show up every week ( Vernon Gholston anyone?) But the numbers are amazing. I believe the kid averaged at least a sack in every game he's played in and thats unheard of in the SEC. He could be the elite pass rusher that we just dont have right now, and lets face it. Chris Long will never be an elite pass rusher.

3. Taylor Mays- A physical specimen. He has all everything I look for in a top defensive player. He's big, he's fast, and he played in a Pete Carrol defense. Thats all I need. His versatility is really what attracts me to him. He can sit back and play safety or if need be you can bring him down close and let him act as a Linebacker. He's not going to get run over by bigger backs and he's got the speed to play sideline to sideline. Supreme talent.

4. Eric Berry- This kid is about to break the record for most SEC interception return yards in a career. He's also only a junior. Thats outstanding. He is a true ballhawk and makes plays all over the field. He never seems to take a full game off, my only knock on him is that he will seem to disappear for a few series, but then he comes back and picks off a bad pass and returns it twenty yards. He's going to be a star on someone's defense in the NFL.

5. Rolando McClain/ Brandon Spikes- Yes I'm willing to take either or on this one. McClain is just a junior but I believe that he was the best linebacker in the NCAA last year as a sophmore. Now while it is true that the Rams drafted James L. in this years draft, both of these guys have the speed and talent to man any of the linebacker positions. McClain has also played in both 3-4 and 4-3 schemes.

Thats how I see it.
    The Roman and The Prince. Playmakers until the end.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Dang, RJ.......you do love you some SEC, don't you?
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

RamJackson39 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    Dang, RJ.......you do love you some SEC, don't you?
    I spend every football season watching every SEC game. :-) hard nosed, defensive football. Besides, what other conference does every game feel like a bowl game?

Besides, gives me some good insight into the next top level NFL talent.

And I believe I threw in one Pac10 guy. And he went above three of my SEC guys. So I believe that evens it out somewhat
    The Roman and The Prince. Playmakers until the end.

cfh128 is online now Registered User

I'm not a big college football guy these days (my beloved Syracuse Orange haven't been that fun to watch in recent memory) so I don't have any clue my vote is a "top prospect". But I'm gonna have my eye on Syracuse DT Arthur Jones.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast