View Poll Results: Which potential top prospect will you have your eye on this season?

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sam Bradford (QB, Oklahoma)

14 23.73%
  • Colt McCoy (QB, Texas)

8 13.56%
  • Dez Bryant (WR, Oklahoma State)

6 10.17%
  • Arrelious Benn (WR, Illinois)

1 1.69%
  • Trent Williams (OT, Oklahoma)

0 0%
  • Terrence Cody (DT, Alabama)

5 8.47%
  • Carlos Dunlap (DE, Florida)

11 18.64%
  • Greg Hardy (DE, Mississippi)

3 5.08%
  • Brandon Graham (DE, Michigan)

1 1.69%
  • Taylor Mays (S, USC)

6 10.17%
  • Eric Berry (S, Tennessee)

0 0%
  • Other (please list)

4 6.78%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Re: 2010 DRAFT: Which potential top prospect will you have your eye on this season?

Quote Originally Posted by btimsah View Post
    As an Oklahoman I can say that Bradford is the real deal. I knew Jason White probably wasn't NFL caliber. But Slingin' Sammy has something. But, as always what we draft depends on what kind of year we've had.

We might even have to go Offensive line if this offensive line "sucks" again. We have 3 guys who are supposed to be good;

Jacob Bell
    Jason Brown
    Alex Barron

But, every year we seem to struggle up front. I am not big on Incognito or Alex Barron.
    I think when you look towards the 2010 draft, you'd be hard pressed to not imagine Bradford right up there in contention for the first overall pick. Eight of the last ten drafts have started with the selection of a quarterback, and Bradford will likely be the cream of this year's crop. He has a few concerning traits - lack of elite arm strength and a less than ideal release point, to name two - but in thinking about those, I remember Philip Rivers being critiqued in much the same way, and we can see how he turned out. Without another minimal-win season, it's hard for me to imagine the Rams get a shot at Bradford. But you never know, this early in the process.

I'm intrigued by your assessment of the offensive line, specifically as it relates to the right tackle position. As an Oklahoman, what are your thoughts on a guy like Trent Williams? He's had experience the last few years on the right side, but may boost his stock out of our reach (again, barring another abysmal season) by playing left tackle this season. Still, would the Rams spend back to back first round picks on offensive tackles? I think it's unlikely unless an outstanding prospect was available to them. I also doubt that the Rams would look to spend a first round pick on an offensive guard, though it's entirely possible the Rams could go into 2010 with two new starters at guard if Bell and Incognito disappoint in 2009.

The two positions I have my eye on right now for the 2010 draft are wide receiver and defensive tackle.

When it comes to the receiver position, the Rams have a lot of youth but none of them outside of Avery have really proven much. Maybe that changes this year, but I can't help but think the Rams' offense would benefit from adding a talent like Dez Bryant or Arrelious Benn, assuming both underclassmen declare. At defensive tackle, if Carriker struggles through injuries again this year, I wouldn't rule out the organization cutting ties with him since he's a carry over from a previous regime, or at least looking for some talented help to get into the mix.

TorontoRams is offline Registered User

Re: 2010 DRAFT: Which potential top prospect will you have your eye on this season?

I have my eyes on Carlos Dunlap and Jevan Snead. I have Snead over Bradford for the simple fact that he has a cannon for an arm and can make every throw in the book(ala Matthew Stafford) Bradford's arm isn't as strong but his accuracy is great. I think Snead is being overlooked, and the thing with him is he has put up some damn good numbers on a team that offensively didn't have the firepower to match up with teams like OU, TT, Texas, Florida(who he beat) and so on.

jmk321 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by cfh128 View Post
    I'm not a big college football guy these days (my beloved Syracuse Orange haven't been that fun to watch in recent memory) so I don't have any clue my vote is a "top prospect". But I'm gonna have my eye on Syracuse DT Arthur Jones.
    What about Greg Paulus.

cfh128 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by jmk321 View Post
    What about Greg Paulus.
    The fact that he is starting makes me terrified about what the other QB's on the roster must be like.

jmk321 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by cfh128 View Post
    The fact that he is starting makes me terrified about what the other QB's on the roster must be like.
    He was the number 1 ranked QB in the country coming out of high school and it's not like Syracuse has anywhere to go but up. I normally wouldn't take a second look at Syracuse football but I'm going to check out some games this year to see how he does and he might even help them to a record better than 6 games below .500.

San Diego Ram is offline Registered User

Taylor Mays!!!!!!!!

SC BABY!!!!!

cfh128 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by jmk321 View Post
    He was the number 1 ranked QB in the country coming out of high school and it's not like Syracuse has anywhere to go but up. I normally wouldn't take a second look at Syracuse football but I'm going to check out some games this year to see how he does and he might even help them to a record better than 6 games below .500.
    He was, but he hasn't played any football in 4 years. I would be thrilled if he leads us to a few wins. But the fact that he jumps in and is named the starter after practicing for a few weeks without having thrown a football in 4 years doesn't make me overly confident in the rest of our QBs.

Dr. Defense is offline Registered User

Well, I think we can all agree on the fact that Spags likes his defensive lines. And lets face it, every year there is always this "top tier once in a lifetime defensive end". But how often do you find a top tier defensive tackle? There are far and few between elite tackles, and they are very valuable. I think that we have been lacking a real defensive tackle for a while and now would be the perfect time to solve the issue. So I think that Terrence Cody will be our pick. That is of course pending that he proves he can stay in relatively decent shape, and keep his weight under control.

smizzhfx is offline Registered User

I think that, regardless how Bulger plays this year, the pick has to be QB. New regimes mean new QBs, and Bulger's contract makes cutting ties with him too expensive. If we have another abysmal season and finish with a top draft pick, we should focus on Sam Bradford. If we end up having a mediocre season, maybe Colt McCoy in the mid-first round.

I'd like to see us get a big-bodied WR early in the 2nd where it seems the value for wideouts is always pretty good, maybe a couple DEs, a LB, a young pass-catching TE, in no particular order to round out the draft.

Varg6 is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by smizzhfx View Post
    I think that, regardless how Bulger plays this year, the pick has to be QB. New regimes mean new QBs, and Bulger's contract makes cutting ties with him too expensive. If we have another abysmal season and finish with a top draft pick, we should focus on Sam Bradford. If we end up having a mediocre season, maybe Colt McCoy in the mid-first round.

I'd like to see us get a big-bodied WR early in the 2nd where it seems the value for wideouts is always pretty good, maybe a couple DEs, a LB, a young pass-catching TE, in no particular order to round out the draft.
    100% agreed. Either which way, it seems like this is a solid year to get a quality 1st round QB.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

AlwaysBackwards is offline Registered User

as much as i would love a Qb in the first round the rams have to go DE or DT. if the rams continue to not produce pressure on the opposing QB they have to go DE or DT. the rams can go another year with bulger if its necessary. but lets hope we can get a pass rush soon or we'll be giving a really hard look at Carlos Dunlap or Terrence Cody..

San Diego Ram is offline Registered User

One Player i really like is the wide reciever Vincent Brown. he is a great reciever for SDSU. I watch all SDSU games and he is always producing even being double/ triple covered. Im not sure if he is coming out this year or next.....

makersncoke is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysBackwards View Post
    as much as i would love a Qb in the first round the rams have to go DE or DT. if the rams continue to not produce pressure on the opposing QB they have to go DE or DT. the rams can go another year with bulger if its necessary. but lets hope we can get a pass rush soon or we'll be giving a really hard look at Carlos Dunlap or Terrence Cody..
    I agree we need a pass rush but I think free agency is the way to go when looking for defensive help. If we spend a 1st round pick on another DE or DT I think you run the risk of him not making an immediate impact. This years class of QB's is too good to pass up if the Rams end up with a high pick
    Last edited by makersncoke; -09-27-2009 at 08:40 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mooselini is offline Registered User

I am going to change mine!

I'm going for Terrance Cody. That is officially my want for the draft next year. I don't care if McCoy, Bradford, Bryant, Tebow, all of those guys are on board.

I want a huge DT who terrifies every interior linemen we play.

Cody with the Rams!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Devaney, if you care about this team... fire the offensive coordinator!!!!

39thebeast is offline Registered User

IMO the best players are going to be DTs Ndamkung Suh of Nebraska or Gerald McCoy from Oklahoma. Spags will be salivating over both, but as a new coach he is going to have to go after his franchise QB.

So I'll be looking at 4 QBs McCoy, Pike, Bradford and Clausen(Tebow isn't an NFL QB Snead is a bum and a wannabe Matt Stafford). Bradford has been hurt and IMO Clausen has stepped and become the best QB. He and Pike have been playing lights out and on top of that they aren't playing in the spread like McCoy or Bradford. Jimmy Clausen has looked awesome. He has a stronger arm than Bradford and has really stepped out as a leader. I dont really like ND, but I've tried to watch all the Franchise Caliber QBs every time i get a chance. Clausen has been by far the most impressive since Bradford went down.

They both Can stay in school, but I don't see any reason why either kid would stay in especially Bradford who chose to stay and got hurt. We need a Franchise signal caller i would be happy with either. If we choose to get a DT i wouldn't mind as long as we find a way to get Tony Pike.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast