Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    general counsel is offline Registered User

Re: 2010 Draft Questions: How early and often do we address the D-Line?

In reference to question #5, pickett was a terrific pick who did very very well for the rams and we were idiots to let him go at the price green bay paid.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

BarronWade is offline Registered User

To all that dont think Carriker will be traded what role does he play for us next year?

DT or RE (starter)

DT/ DE (substitution guy)

Bench warmer (fill in Victor Adeyenju's "void")

Fill a spot on IR again

39thebeast is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by BarronWade View Post
    To all that dont think Carriker will be traded what role does he play for us next year?

DT or RE (starter)

DT/ DE (substitution guy)

Bench warmer (fill in Victor Adeyenju's "void")

Fill a spot on IR again
    Anyone who thinks he is playing RE is mistaken or must think we play a 3-4. He will be back fighting for a roster spot unless someone wants to take on his deal for a 6th or 7th. Would we unload him for that little? I don't think so. So he comes back to fight for a reserve spot and to a much lesser extent to start at tackle. If he doesn't make it this new regime wont be afraid to cut him.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

1) Do we keep Little?

2) If not do we move Long to Left End?

3) Should we trade Cariker for a mid round draft pick?

4) Do we sign a big name DL free agent or sign various low level depth DL-men or we dont address the DL at all in FA?

5) Does our old regimes failures affect us drafting a 1st round DL? (do the Cariker/ Damione Lewis/ Ryan Pickett/ Chris Long (not a bust) have an effect on our decision to take a DL in the 1st)?

6) If we dont get a good DL in FA how often do we go for DL in the first 5 rounds?
    1) Yes, if the price is right and if he's willing to play situationally rather than start.

2) Yes, and we do it regardless of whether or not Little is back.

3) No one would trade a mid-round pick for Carriker, so it's a moot point.

4) What big name DL are available next year? Julius Peppers @ age 30? I know Giants DL Barry Cofield's contract is up in 2009, so I wouldn't be surprised if the Rams looked his way. Adewale Ogunleye, Darryl Tapp, Mark Anderson, and Will Smith are intriguing options at DE, but do you break the bank for any of them? Not so sure.

5) No, previous failures/successes drafting a particular position cannot scare you away from drafting them in the future.

6) I'd like to see the Rams do it at least once if not twice. It all depends on what they can accomplish in free agency. As of right now, if a franchise QB or playmaking receiver aren't available with our first pick, I wouldn't be shocked or heartbroken if the Rams elected to go with Suh or McCoy.

DT depth.

Frito Guest

"Ndamukong Suh"

Best Player in the Draft Period.

We need players to build a franchise.

Remember when we drafted Orlando Pace?
    He started his rookie season at LT and dominated.

Remember when we drafted Torry Holt?
    He started at WR and dominated.

When there is a phenom player that you know will succeed you take him. You don't take chances with a guy that you hope will develop or has good potential at a position of need.

Right now we need guys at every position so, why not take The Best Player In College? Arguably deserving of the Heisman as a Defensive Linemen.

The most important pieces to a winning team are the Offensive and Defensive Lines anyway in my opinion.

A GREAT D-LINE makes average linbackers and secondary look like superstars. LB's all of a sudden dont have linemen blocking them and the secondary doesnt have to cover as long.

A GREAT O-LINE makes average qb's, rb's and wr's go to Hawaii.

With "Ndamukong Suh" I believe he would come in immediatly and command double and triple teams. This would make Long look like his dad Howieback in the day. Leonard would find the fountain of youth and Lauranitus would look like a healthy Urlacher. Our secondary wouldnt find the need to cover guys for 7 seconds anymore either. Guess what that means? Some 3 and outs for a change, so maybe the offence could have a lot more chances to hand the ball to Steven Jackson.

Just a dream i had last night.

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RAMarkable View Post
    The main reason Dorsey "hasn't done anything" is because he is being grossly misused as a DE in a 3-4 system instead of playing the under tackle position in the 4-3 like he should.

Therefore his stats are going to be skewed and it will appear that he is not getting the job done.

At least Long is playing the proper position that he was drafted for, and it could also be said that he isn't doing much either.

So what is his excuse?

WHAT SAY YE?
    Haslett did jack diddly to develop and train him, much like every other defender we picked up in his three year misrule of the defense.

I am honestly at the stage, just simply looking at how our younger defenders failed to pan out, to think that we should treat those years that they were under Haslett's "tutelage" as lost.

In other words, I think we should seriously consider this season to be Long's rookie season from a developmental perspective.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12