Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223 LastLast
    rammiser is offline Registered User

Re: 2010 NFL Draft Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by rammiser View Post
    Overview cbssports.com
    Eugene is a 2005 graduate of Mises High School in Mount Olive, MS where he starred in both football and track. Sims did not have the grades to be highly recruited despite his obvious athletic prowess and enrolled for two years in junior college before making a mark At West Texas A&M these past two seasons. His second year of JUCO ball he showed future promise when he recorded 51 tackles, five QB sacks three tackled for losses and one forced fumble. He was rewarded at season's end with an appearance in the MACJC All-Star game. Sims moved to the defensive line in 2006 after being a nine-game starter for the Bobcats at strong safety in 2005. In 2008, as a junior transfer at West Texas, Eugene was recognized as Lone Star Conference Co-Defensive Lineman of the Year, after registering 56 tackles, 13 TFLs, and 10 sacks. In 2009, he tallied 19 solos, 37 assists, 13.5 TFLs, 7 sacks, 5 PBUs, 5 hurries, 3 FFs, 4 blocked kicks and a safety.

Eugene really stood out in the practices prior to the DII Cactus Bowl on 1/9/10, and put himself on everyone's radar screens.
    Strengths
    Long, lean, and mean, with lots of upside. A true game changer at the DII level who can block a kick or force a fumble. Closes well to the QB. Fearsome pass rusher in college.
    Weaknesses
    Undisciplined and will need loads of technique work. LOC issues. Must get bigger and stronger, and work on his footwork.
    Projection
    Priority UDFA or 7th round flyer....
    This is what i could find on Sims.

Just Fix It

Warner4prez is offline Registered User

Re: Fire Billy Devaney

K' thanks.

molar_pistol is offline Registered User

looks like another boom or bust prospect, can't argue with that in the sixth.

general counsel is offline Registered User

Great work finding that data so fast! Our rambros are on the case data wise.

Sounds like a possible special teams guy and another practice squad player. Looks like we are loading up on the "charley specials" I wish we had gotten dwyer, but what do i know!

ramming speed to all

general counsel

RamsSB99 is offline Registered User

He looks like a tweener to me. To big for LB to small for DE. He might be a situational pass rusher. I am suprised they took him over some of the other DE's that project more to a position (DE). At least in that case if we hit on a late rounder he projects to a position.

Eugene Sims DE 65 247 4.74 40

AlwaysBackwards is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by LongBlood View Post
    A QB needs a #1 WR in place to be successful or a multi-back RB's to "manage" the game.
    What has Stafford done with Calvin Johnson? He is a legitimate #1 WR and look at Stafford. Honestly your argument makes no sense. Matt Ryan was brought in with no weapons either. Roddy White blossomed with Matt Ryan's prescense. so there is so many examples that counter your argument of needing a number #1 WR to be successful.

Bradford isn't a manage the game type. said.
    How do you know that? Are you a scout?

Here's Saffold's combine video trying to find more.

YouTube - Saffold Combine

Here is Saffold vs Brandon Graham first round pick.

YouTube - Rodger Saffold vs. Brandon Graham
    Last edited by rammiser; -04-24-2010 at 02:49 PM.
    Just Fix It

Jerome Murphy evaluation video.

YouTube - Jerome Murphy 2010
    Just Fix It

Just Fix It

whats left for round 7

We are into total crapshoot territory here (and have been so for a full round, or at least since dwyer came off the board right before we picked)

My next pick- Wellis Hungus.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

shower beers is offline Registered User

I was going to make a long argument for this. The guy clearly has no vision on how to draft and put pieces in place to build a successful football team. The QB's he has drafted are laughable, the fact that they have cut so many players in the past 2 yrs to "get younger" and now bringing in Brian Westbrook for a visit really says it all IMO. My gosh, it is that pathetic.

I have gone on and said that I feel Bradford is the best QB to come out in several years; however the situation he was brought into he is doomed to fail. Everyone knew he was coming out this year, back during the 09 draft, and we would be needing a QB this year. I argued numerous times last year that it was in our best interest to go WR (Crabtree) first round, and O-line 2nd around to have the pieces in place. Last years draft set this organization another year behind.

When you look at the fact that Billy Devaney tried trading back into the first round to draft "the QB on defense" in James Laurinaitis it signaled what should've been a commitment to completely build the defense, with him and Long in place when little animal fell to them in the 2nd round. A QB needs a #1 WR in place to be successful or a multi-back RB's to "manage" the game. Bradford isn't a manage the game type. For that, they'd have been better off getting someone else if that's the direction that the Rams want to go. For a QB like Bradford to get the most out of him and his high draft pick status you are going to have to give him serious weapons, which Billy Devaney doesn't know how to find. It takes WR's 2-3 yrs to develop. Mardy Gilyard is another #3 or 4 WR that will never be a team's #1...this team is LOADED with such players at the WR. It is another wasted pick! By the time this team can be turned around, Chris Long and James Laurinaitis will be tired of losing and moved on to other teams, so the previous 2 yrs picks will have been a complete waste as well.

I'm sorry, but I don't drink the kool-aid. It would be a lot easier for me to be a 9'er fan since they have done EVERYTHING right in the last 3 drafts, as I would've done them. They are going to completely OWN the NFC West for the next 4 years. Mark it down, and the Rams have done nothing to contend with them in anyway! But I'm an LA kinda guy...Lakers, Dodgers, and for all 29 yrs of my life Rams up until Thursday night...now I'm officially a San Diego Charger fan (until another team moves to LA anyway) and love the addition of Ryan Matthews as I've seen him play at Fresno State a mere 45 mins. away. And as far as the comment about the door hitting me on the way out...I'm completely aware of my surroundings, unlike the majority that just put blind faith in an organization and don't see what's going on around 'em. 'Nuff said.

LongBlood, professional NFL talent evaluator, thinks we've done it all wrong. Why is he not with our organization, making the tough decisions?!

Your first point -- You question the fact that we're bringing in Westbrook for a visit, because it's going against our philosophy of getting younger? First, it's just a visit. Second, even if he was signed, what role do you think he would play? Certainly not a starter's role. He would most likely get a few touches a game, tops. It's important to have a balanced mix of young players and veterans. Signing a veteran is not an indication of ignorance or hypocrisy, as you're suggesting.

Your "strategy" of building the pieces around Bradford a year before he declares is ridiculous. How would we have possibly known we would be drafting first this year? And your suggestion for the first piece to bring in for him, Crabtree? Really? Could you possibly imagine the scenario of him being in St. Louis last year, or the money he would have been asking for? He'd probably still be holding out. What's most surprising is that you've seen the way he's acted, and you're still convinced he's the solution. Basing your team around the assumption that you'll be picking first the next year is crazy and foolish. By your account, last year's draft set us back a year behind, when we took the best o-lineman in the draft, one of the very pieces you suggested we take. Are you implying that we are behind a year because we didn't take Crabtree a lesser offensive tackle? Well then I'm glad we're a year behind.

I'll save everyone the time of going on here, but I hope my point has been made.

Anything from anyone on the alabama corner we just took

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Ramone is offline Registered User

Re: whats left for round 7

We took Marquis Johnson, CB, from Alabama, guy, I beleieve, only Devaney and me, counted on! I am visionar!!!

Someone is saying the whiners have done everything right and they have alex smith at qb? Too much time with the hookah pipe on that statement.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Re: whats left for round 7

what can anyone tell us about the alabama kid

ramming speed to all

general counsel