Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Flippin' Ram

Thread: 2012 flippin Mock Draft

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

2012 flippin Mock Draft

1-6) Trent Richardson, RB - Alabama

Description: One could say this is a luxury pick since we have other issues to address but he is the BPA and this season is focused on trying to get Bradford upright. Jackson has shown signs of aging taking effect to his game and TRich is the perfect complimentary back for him. Schotty's system consists of a two-back system and having to elite ones backfield will help this offense out.

2-33) Rueben Randle, WR - LSU

Description: Assuming Blackmon, Floyd, and Jeffery are already out of our reach, the former college prospect that came #1 out of high school will be our top drafted receiver. Some say this'll be a reach while others will think he's fallen short of the 1st round. While his numbers aren't eye-popping, one has to consider that he's played in the SEC with poor QB play. He can gain separation in short routes and is capable of beating defenders downfield. His weakness is elusiveness.

2-39) Lavonte David, OLB - Nebraska

Description: Very intuitive linebacker who'll compliment Laurinaitis. Has some flaws on the run defense department but is solid in coverage. He's also an adequate tackler, but mainly relies on stripping the ball. He's also an excellent pass rusher who'll chase down the QB relentlessly. Great work ethic, intelligence, and character, which should be interesting in pre-snap wars between the QB and our defense.

3-65) Alameda Ta'amu, DT - Washington

Description: Has a great initial burst off the snap. He commands double teams and relies on the bull rush to put pressure on the QB. Had some problems conditioning during the offseason but proved he could stay in NFL shape. His effective bull rush should help complement Long and Quinn in getting to the QB.

4-96) T.Y. Hilton, WR - Florida International University

Description: This is an obvious reach but I see DeSean Jackson potential (minus the diva attitude) in him. He has a great nose for sniffing open spaces to make plays, and very agile. Questionable frame if he could handle taking hits in the NFL along with ball security issues, but the speed and solid route running convinces me he's worth looking at in the 4th.

6-171) Emmanual Acho, OLB - Texas

Description: Been living under his brother's shadow, but he's an athletic LB with great instincts, more of a reliable open-field tackler. Has a knack for messing with opposing WR routes within the 5-yd range. His best run defense is on the edge of the linemen skirmishes. His major flaw is his habit of overpursuing due to his aggressive nature but can be coached. A solid depth guy at best.

7-209) Lamar Holmes, OT - Southern Mississippi

Description:
    A project/depth guy who's decent against the bullrush, decent anticipation. Needs to develop fundamentals, but if coached right, he could become a serviceable backup RT.

EDIT: T.Y. Hilton's description is updated
    And thank you Sosa!
    Last edited by Flippin' Ram; -03-28-2012 at 12:43 AM.
    BarronWade likes this.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Re: 2012 flippin Mock Draft

I like it. I like Hilton in the 4th, nice KR/PR, and can provide the speed that we've been missing. I like the Randle pick as well. Just one thing, thats a picture of Tyrann Mathieu, not Reuben Randle .

THE DREAM TEAM

codeman123 is offline Registered User

I like the picks. I'm assuming Blackmon and Claiborne are off the board and the Rams have to chose Richardson vs other prospects. Easy choice.

Randle is a good prospect. If Wright was on the board I would take him over Randle (same with Hill but its closer), but I don't have a problem with that pick at all.

I would pick David too, but can you explain your writeup of him. From everything I've seen he's the best taclking OLB in the draft, and he's probably the best run defending OLB. Of all the times I've seen him I can only remember one missed tackle. He wraps up everything. A lot of times he was the only LB they kept on passing downs/spread, and he is good against coverage, although TEs can use their height to beat him even with good coverage.

TY Hilton is not a reach in round 4, he probably won't get there. He's electrifying.

LOL at Sosa. Its a package deal.

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Pretty decent mock, can't complain much here. I only have beef with a couple things.

I don't agree with your analysis of Lavonte David. To me, he's probably the best tackler in the draft. He is a great run stopper.

Not a big fan of Ta'amu. I feel like he has too many negatives. He's a big body, but that's about it.

Like the Hilton pick.

Don't like the Acho pick since he's a Longhorn, but I guess I can live with that

Tampa_Ram is offline Registered User

I like it, Not sold on Ta'amu but i could live with it. Still a really good mock.

shower beers is offline Registered User

Looking very nice, great job!

BarronWade is offline Registered User

It actually is really really good...we dont just need Wrs we need offensive playmakers that can score TDs (im sick of field goals) And its been addressed We get an outside receiver in Randle; a deep threat that can take the top off the defense in Hilton;

Also about richardson; people overrate a change of pace back; If you have 2 runningbacks that can make plays break tackles and advance the football your running game will be good

We have some good defensive assistants (even with the loss of gregg williams) and I completely agree Tammu's bull rush will complement the rest of the O-line

Honestly all around it is just good: cannot question a single pick good work!