Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree59Likes

Thread: 2013 ClanRam Insiders 2 Round Mock Draft (Discussion Thread)

berg8309 is offline Registered User

Re: 2013 ClanRam Insiders 2 Round Mock Draft (Discussion Thread)

Quote Originally Posted by TekeRam View Post
    I wonder if Austin being drafted would lead to Hester being traded?
    I would have to think Hester would want a trade. I imagine Austin would take over the return duties, and Hester has never been a big factor in offense despite his speed and quickness. He could, in some ways, be a bit of a warning about Austin. Hester is a dynamic talent himself, and maybe he was just under-utilized, but he's never been a guy on offense that other teams had to account for and plan around. Special teams yes, but not offense. Just saying that not every dynamic talent is also an offensive force.

berg8309 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Don't look at me! I didn't make the pick... I just passed along the news!
    Oops, sorry. You made the pick before that and I just got it mixed up in my head. It's been a long week.

THOLTFAN81 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    Oh well back to the War room for me! Dang Bears! I really thought they would go MLB with the news about Urlacher not returning.
    Personally apologize to all of Ram nation for taking Austin off the board haha.

But my reasoning for the pick is simple: it will be easier for the bears to find a LB in round two, than a player of Austin's caliber who fills arguably as big of a need.

This pick came down to Ogletree or Austin for me, and in the end the bigger difference maker (Austin) won out. Of course if at 16 we don't take Patterson or Austin, I hope that this doesn't happen and one of the two of them are on the board at #22

Tampa_Ram is offline Registered User

I can live with Allen. Just happy we got one of the top wr's.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by THOLTFAN81 View Post
    Personally apologize to all of Ram nation for taking Austin off the board haha.

But my reasoning for the pick is simple: it will be easier for the bears to find a LB in round two, than a player of Austin's caliber who fills arguably as big of a need.

This pick came down to Ogletree or Austin for me, and in the end the bigger difference maker (Austin) won out. Of course if at 16 we don't take Patterson or Austin, I hope that this doesn't happen and one of the two of them are on the board at #22
    You are forgiven....
    THOLTFAN81 likes this.

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

Warmack and Allen works for me!

I think there will still be some very good prospects at S and OLB available when the Rams make their second round pick.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Allen is a good pick in that spot. It would not surprise me at all to see a run of multiple receivers between the Rams' pick @ 22 and their second round pick. Get the one you like while you still have the choice.
    laram0 likes this.

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Of the receivers likely to be available at 22, Allen is certainly my favored, and could be my number one guy based on what we need. We need an outside guy who can make the tough catches in traffic, and Allen is in that Fitzgerald, Wayne, Boldin mold where he's not the super freak athlete, but he's got the route running and hands to be just as dangerous.
    viper and laram0 like this.
    I believe!

What I like about Allen is that he seems to be a real plug-and-play kind of guy who could make an impact as a rookie.

Barry Waller is offline Registered User

Re: 2013 ClanRam Insiders 2 Round Mock Draft (Selection Thread)

As expected , it starts out well, but I question Vaccaro at 18 and Minter over Ogletree and A. Brown.

Most think Buffalo will Take Geno Smith as Arizona goes OT.

Most have Detroit all over Ansah at 5, if Milliner gone.

DaMontre Moo9re has run himself out of round one probably, and no way to Pittsburgh, who is a 3-4 team that covets speed outside.

Jones is dropping after his 4.9, Luteleilei way UP after a 4.6 and clean bill of health.

Don't see Austin to a team that has a terrific KR and small WR. Pittsburgh far more likely for him, if not the Rams.

Patterson at 8 would be a real reach, and Hankins has fallen out of the top 30.

Terrence Williams not likely to be a top 40 guy, and he is rated 6th or 7th at best among WRs.

As far as who has been left out as a first rounder, I'd say Eric Reid, Sylvester Williams, Margus Hunt, K. Short, and maybe CB DJ Hayden , who is healthy and soaring up draft boards.

I think one or even two more QBs go in round one, and also WR D. Hopkins and J. Hunter. Then of course there is Manti Te'o.
    Barry Waller

Damontre Morre "redeemed himself at his pro day? He didn't run and lifted 225 19 times, that's IT, oh, and he hurt himself.

Someone didn't do their research !! That will really mess up a whole mock.

Texas A&M Pro Day: Moore struggles with injury, Joeckel strong in drills - CBSSports
    Barry Waller

The Giants do need LB help, but they usually like taller, bigger MLB. Minter is 6 ft.
    Barry Waller

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Waller View Post
    As expected , it starts out well, but I question Vaccaro at 18 and Minter over Ogletree and A. Brown.

DaMontre Moo9re has run himself out of round one probably, and no way to Pittsburgh, who is a 3-4 team that covets speed outside.

Jones is dropping after his 4.9, Luteleilei way UP after a 4.6 and clean bill of health.

Don't see Austin to a team that has a terrific KR and small WR. Pittsburgh far more likely for him, if not the Rams.

Terrence Williams not likely to be a top 40 guy, and he is rated 6th or 7th at best among WRs.

As far as who has been left out as a first rounder, I'd say Eric Reid, Sylvester Williams, Margus Hunt, K. Short, and maybe CB DJ Hayden , who is healthy and soaring up draft boards.

I think one or even two more QBs go in round one, and also WR D. Hopkins and J. Hunter. Then of course there is Manti Te'o.
    Who are you to call out people on research? Star Lotulelei did NOT run even CLOSE to a 4.6. Seems to me YOU should "check your research"...

THE DREAM TEAM

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Waller View Post

Your input is appreciated. Your tone... not so much.
    THOLTFAN81 and DE_Ramfan like this.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

I like the Cyprien pick to San Fran, so much so that it's part of the new two-round mock I'm minutes away from posting. Surely they can't think Craig Dahl is going to fill Goldson's shoes...
    sosa39rams likes this.