Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree59Likes

Thread: 2013 ClanRam Insiders 2 Round Mock Draft (Discussion Thread)

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: 2013 ClanRam Insiders 2 Round Mock Draft (Discussion Thread)

Quote Originally Posted by berg8309 View Post
    See, I'm not so sure I like the Fluker pick for Detroit, even if it involves one of Reilly or Fluker moving to guard, as you said. It seems like overkill on the offensive line when the Lions have a lot of other holes to fill, particularly on defense. I don't think the interior of their line was that bad last year, so I don't think they need to address it by drafting a tackle to play guard. They have two solid bookends, don't need to add to that with an early 2nd round pick.

Now I do love a solid offensive line, but I don't think the pick improves the Lions all that much this year or in the next few years.
    That's a fair opinion. The Lions certainly have other needs. But who do you take instead? The value at corner is not there, IMO. They brought in Quin and got Delmas to come back at safety. Tulloch and Levy are signed to multi-year deals at LB. The best DEs available are Sam Montgomery, Margus Hunt, and Tank Carradine. Carradine would be a nice selection if he's healthy, but that remains to be seen.

Meanwhile, even after drafting Fisher, the Lions still have holes offensively. At right tackle, Reiff could be the guy, but there were some who felt he profiled best as a guard when he was coming out as a prospect. There are some who feel the same about Fluker. The Lions have a hole at right guard as well after releasing Stephen Peterman in February; now the best replacement option on their roster is Dylan Gandy, a journeyman back-up who hasn't started a game since 2009.

So if you draft Fisher for the left side, and draft Fluker, you've the possibility of improving three positions with two moves. Fisher on the left, and Reiff/Fluker manning the RG and RT positions in some manner. Without an equal or better prospect at another position of need staring them in the face, I think this pick makes sense for Detroit, though Carradine would have as well IMO.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

I can't wait to read how my most recent pick for the Arizona Cardinals (Menelik Watson) gets sliced and diced....

shower beers is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post

So if you draft Fisher for the left side, and draft Fluker, you've the possibility of improving three positions with two moves. Fisher on the left, and Reiff/Fluker manning the RG and RT positions in some manner. Without an equal or better prospect at another position of need staring them in the face, I think this pick makes sense for Detroit, though Carradine would have as well IMO.
    Yeah I was going to also suggest Carradine. Sylvester Williams is also still available, though I can't imagine them going with yet another tackle, regardless of his versatility.
    Nick likes this.

cfh128 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    I can't wait to read how my most recent pick for the Arizona Cardinals (Menelik Watson) gets sliced and diced....
    I actually thought that was a nice pick, laram0. Watson seems to be a guy I am hearing more and more about lately and he seems to be gaining momentum toward being a first round pick. Grabbing him in the second to be Smith's blindside protector would be good value and would keep making the West tougher and tougher.
    Nick and laram0 like this.

Barry Waller is offline Registered User

<<Check your ego at the door buddy. We got lawyers, doctors, etc. on this site. No one flexes their muscle and brags about their profession like you have.>>

Oh I see, so I criticize a pick, or have doubts about a PLAYER and show why I disagree, and then I get PERSONALLY inulted, and I AM WRONG HERE?? The gloves are off now, board bulllies.

Man has this site changed since Dez isn't around, very sad, no it's just like every other forum, lots of name calling. Dez Urban would NEVER, EVER, tolerate such personal garbage. I guess our board king here doesn't care that it descends into such darkness and personal insults.

As far as Doctors, Lawyers etc, I ASSURE YOU, if we were talking about a diagnosis or legal case I would DEFER TO THEM. THAT'S WHAT SAMRT PEOPLE DO. But here it's about the draft, and that is MY thing, OK.

That's what you do in life, you LISTEN to those with training, and/or experience. Too bad some young fools don't get that.

Seems like Ya'll prefer your own version without the interference of someone who has studied this stuff for decades, with access to experts for 17 years first hand.

Yet I get ripped for giving my resume when ASKED to do so.

There are some real clowns on here, that seem to have invaded yet another forum that started with good intentions. No wonder I don't see my FRIENDS from all the Bashes posting much. Why do forums always descend into this kind of ALPHA male nonsense.

When it becomes OK to mock people, and rip them personally, when they have NOT done that at all, a board is doomed.

Your mock sucked, OK, and I said why, and on draft day you'll see what a fools errand it is. All it take is ONE idiot in a group draft to destroy it, and I found that out years and years ago.

Anyone who posts a mock draft that doesn't expect to get criticized for it, is delusional.

It's SUPPOSED to elicit discussion from people who maybe have a different insight, but Y'all, at least some who seem to want to bully the rest of the board, and then accuse me of that same thing somehow with no evidence at all of it.

I offer experience, and solid evidence, and y'all offer OPINION, based on, well... nothing but what some other person said you choose to believe.

When I don't come on here, I get EMails saying how much I am missed, and when I choose to share thousands of hours of study and experience and information, I get condemned by a few that want to own this board, and have beginners think THEY are the "experts" when they have no credentials.

Sorry, but I do have some, credentials that is, and I won't apologize for it. I've seen how incredibly ignorant many fans are for a long time, and I'ts a reason I am quitting the writing thing.

People these days, whether in politics or sports, prefer to wallow in their own stupidity, and think what some idol they have says to think.

To those ripping me personally. I could care less, because you don't KNOW ME at ALL.

WHO ARE YOU CLOWNS? EVer been to a ClanRam BASH, ever met Dez, or Big Red Man, or the Majors, or Julian, or Rick in Maine? These and a few other ARE clanram, not you johnny come lately board boobs, who feel free to get very nasty and personal..... over the Internet.

If one of you IS a scout, a GM or a Coach even, i will BOW to your resume. If not, you are beneath me, at least in experience and knowledge and access. Sorry that makes you mad , you anonymous creeps, but your jealousy is showing.

Seems like your group was just a bunch of buddies, since you didn't include everyone in your mock, even those who might be of great value. Anyone who disagrees becomes the ENEMY. What little boys you are.

And anyone who wants to BET on DaMontre Moore going that high, I'm game.
    Barry Waller

And why have a seperate "discussion" thread if you don't WANT discussion, other than praising your picks I guess? And Fluker at 36? He won't get past Chicago and Cincy, if they don't bring back Andre Smith especially. Oh, sorry, is that too harsh. Well everyone else (scouts, analysts, former GMs etc)has Fluker in rd 1 too.
    Barry Waller

I suppose I should QUALIFY my criticisms on your little mock. Actually it looks like a several of you really have a handle on this deal, with some right on picks.

The guys getting it right: Nick, Sosa 39 Rams, Teke Ram, Tholtfan 81
    Guys who are OK, maybe one real miss AvengerRam, showerbeers, LA RAm 0
    Needs lots of work: HUbison
    Barry Waller

<<I can't wait to read how my most recent pick for the Arizona Cardinals (Menelik Watson) gets sliced and diced....>>

Why? If they go QB 1st, that's a very obvipous pick and a value there.
    laram0 likes this.
    Barry Waller

HUbison is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Waller View Post
    I suppose I should QUALIFY my criticisms on your little mock. Actually it looks like a several of you really have a handle on this deal, with some right on picks.

The guys getting it right: Nick, Sosa 39 Rams, Teke Ram, Tholtfan 81
    Guys who are OK, maybe one real miss AvengerRam, showerbeers, LA RAm 0
    Needs lots of work: HUbison
    That's it. I don't need this crap. I never claimed to be an expert. I was just doing the same thing we do every year, helping out with the annual mock draft. Barry, you may have years of experience and your finger on the pulse of all things NFL draft, but I don't have time to feed into your self-esteem issues. Your anti-social behavior has gone way over the top.

You fellas have a good day. Let Barry make the rest of my picks. Or maybe we should just turn the whole thing over to Barry so the personal attacks will at least come to a stop.

I'll see you guys on April 28th.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

>>Or maybe we should just turn the whole thing over to Barry so the personal attacks will at least come to a stop.
    >>

Personal attacks?? Where?? Did I even name anyone?? Is saying a take is way off "personal".
    DId I name call anyone specifically??

WOW, and no thanks, i don't do group mocks. For the reasons I said before.
    Barry Waller

shower beers is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Waller View Post
    <<Check your ego at the door buddy. We got lawyers, doctors, etc. on this site. No one flexes their muscle and brags about their profession like you have.>>

Oh I see, so I criticize a pick, or have doubts about a PLAYER and show why I disagree, and then I get PERSONALLY inulted, and I AM WRONG HERE?? The gloves are off now, board bulllies.

Man has this site changed since Dez isn't around, very sad, no it's just like every other forum, lots of name calling. Dez Urban would NEVER, EVER, tolerate such personal garbage. I guess our board king here doesn't care that it descends into such darkness and personal insults.

As far as Doctors, Lawyers etc, I ASSURE YOU, if we were talking about a diagnosis or legal case I would DEFER TO THEM. THAT'S WHAT SAMRT PEOPLE DO. But here it's about the draft, and that is MY thing, OK.

That's what you do in life, you LISTEN to those with training, and/or experience. Too bad some young fools don't get that.

Seems like Ya'll prefer your own version without the interference of someone who has studied this stuff for decades, with access to experts for 17 years first hand.

Yet I get ripped for giving my resume when ASKED to do so.

There are some real clowns on here, that seem to have invaded yet another forum that started with good intentions. No wonder I don't see my FRIENDS from all the Bashes posting much. Why do forums always descend into this kind of ALPHA male nonsense.

When it becomes OK to mock people, and rip them personally, when they have NOT done that at all, a board is doomed.

Your mock sucked, OK, and I said why, and on draft day you'll see what a fools errand it is. All it take is ONE idiot in a group draft to destroy it, and I found that out years and years ago.

Anyone who posts a mock draft that doesn't expect to get criticized for it, is delusional.

It's SUPPOSED to elicit discussion from people who maybe have a different insight, but Y'all, at least some who seem to want to bully the rest of the board, and then accuse me of that same thing somehow with no evidence at all of it.

I offer experience, and solid evidence, and y'all offer OPINION, based on, well... nothing but what some other person said you choose to believe.

When I don't come on here, I get EMails saying how much I am missed, and when I choose to share thousands of hours of study and experience and information, I get condemned by a few that want to own this board, and have beginners think THEY are the "experts" when they have no credentials.

Sorry, but I do have some, credentials that is, and I won't apologize for it. I've seen how incredibly ignorant many fans are for a long time, and I'ts a reason I am quitting the writing thing.

People these days, whether in politics or sports, prefer to wallow in their own stupidity, and think what some idol they have says to think.

To those ripping me personally. I could care less, because you don't KNOW ME at ALL.

WHO ARE YOU CLOWNS? EVer been to a ClanRam BASH, ever met Dez, or Big Red Man, or the Majors, or Julian, or Rick in Maine? These and a few other ARE clanram, not you johnny come lately board boobs, who feel free to get very nasty and personal..... over the Internet.

If one of you IS a scout, a GM or a Coach even, i will BOW to your resume. If not, you are beneath me, at least in experience and knowledge and access. Sorry that makes you mad , you anonymous creeps, but your jealousy is showing.

Seems like your group was just a bunch of buddies, since you didn't include everyone in your mock, even those who might be of great value. Anyone who disagrees becomes the ENEMY. What little boys you are.

And anyone who wants to BET on DaMontre Moore going that high, I'm game.

Man, I really don't know how to begin with this...

Let me first start by saying that people aren't ganging up on you for no reason, or forming a "clique". I'm sure most people here respect and value your opinions and insight. I know I do. I make sure to check out your posts when you come to the board, because I respect them and I always learn a thing or two.

Nobody should be getting upset for critiques on their picks. Coming from one of the most controversial picks myself, I personally wasn't offended by it. I knew I was probably going to get some raised eyebrows from it. It was an unusual pick, and I explained my reasoning afterward. That said, it's more than likely not going to be the pick, I agree. You provide good insight into a lot of prospects, and we appreciate it.

The problem people are having is the tone and language you're using at them. You should know exactly the kind of reaction this would invoke, since you seem to be having a problem when it's directed toward you. You are upset from people directing insults toward you, then in the same post proceed to hurl them over and over and over again. It was almost surreal to read this tangent after you complained of people doing it to you. I'm not sure how you can't see why these exchanges keep happening, but I'll choose to leave it at that.

Regardless of everyone's knowledge levels, what brings us all together is our love of the Rams and the circus that is the NFL offseason. We respect each other's posts and opinions even though some follow the team much closer than others, including topics like the draft and free agency. I don't claim to know more than many others on the draft, and I can usually defer to some of the more knowledgeable folks here. But the difference is that these folks also take the time to be courteous and respectful, and it makes for good discussion.

I can't speak for everyone, but I welcome your insights and I think that if you took consideration of the way you're coming off to others here, it would make things a whole lot more fun. I even think the aggression from some toward you would go away too.
    Last edited by shower beers; -03-25-2013 at 11:14 PM.
    thoey, Nick, laram0 and 2 others like this.

berg8309 is offline Registered User

Interesting pick on Montgomery, but I never got the impression he didn't have a good motor or anything like that. I watch a fair amount of LSU down here and I can't say I ever noticed him giving up on plays. Your post seems to imply he does, but maybe I'm reading that wrong. Both guys have had torn ACLs though, so injury shouldn't come into it between the two.

Barry, I don't want to jump into the fray too much but I will say this: For all your talk about Dez, I can't imagine he would condone a post like that long rant where you call posters idiots, and our mock draft stupid, and tell us how much better you are than all of us. It is just supposed to be fun, the draft is fun, mock drafts are fun, but you are making it not fun. Everyone has a right to their opinion, but your ranting is sucking the life out of it. Please stop.
    THOLTFAN81 and TekeRam like this.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry Waller

Actually, we were fine before you came along.

Here's the thing... you couldn't do the job of a doctor, lawyer, police officer, teacher, etc. We, on the other hand, could do your job fairly easily. In fact, we do... as a hobby. So get off your high horse.

Hi, I'm AvengerRam... the guy who planned and hosted the last five Bashes.
    laram0, THOLTFAN81 and TekeRam like this.

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by berg8309 View Post
    Interesting pick on Montgomery, but I never got the impression he didn't have a good motor or anything like that. I watch a fair amount of LSU down here and I can't say I ever noticed him giving up on plays. Your post seems to imply he does, but maybe I'm reading that wrong. Both guys have had torn ACLs though, so injury shouldn't come into it between the two.
    Hey, thanks for getting this train back on the tracks! The reason I mentioned his motor was the fact that he openly admitted at the combine that he didn't play his hardest at LSU. He was truthful, which is good... it shows that he's got good character, if not the best motivation when playing with top notch guys around him. That's why I feel that he'd get a nod from a former trenches guy over the one who had the devastating injury more recently.
    I believe!

THOLTFAN81 is offline Registered User

I don't think we've had this much turmoil on the boards since my Mike Vick obsession.

(Yeah, I'll take a shot at myself haha.)

On a mock note --

I think everyones doing a great job and its coming along real nicely. Its tough trying to balance work/school, all while getting the picks in in a timely manner, so Bravo everyone. This is my first mock on this site and I wanted to say the experience has been really cool.
    Last edited by THOLTFAN81; -03-26-2013 at 01:13 AM.
    shower beers and C-Mob 71 like this.