Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree59Likes

Thread: 2013 ClanRam Insiders 2 Round Mock Draft (Discussion Thread)

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Re: 2013 ClanRam Insiders 2 Round Mock Draft (Discussion Thread)

Hunter to the Dolphins is interesting, as I was planning to select him with the Patriots' next pick. I'm sure Miami would be happy to keep a potentially dangerous player from ending up with their rival.
    laram0 likes this.

berg8309 is offline Registered User

Not sure Hunter makes sense for the Dolphins after signing Wallace and Gibson and re-signing Hartline. Where does he play? The Dolphins are "winning" the offseason so far, but if they want to catch up to the Pats, I'm not sure it's wise to draft a WR in round 2 without having much of a place to play him.

Lacy looks like a good pick for the Packers. I am wary of RBs from Alabama though, as I feel their numbers may have been in part due to the team around them rather than their own incredible abilities. Mark Ingram finally started running decently for the Saints, and I had to wonder if it was because he was having trouble identifying and hitting holes in the NFL because it was easy at Alabama. Could be wrong, but I just haven't been impressed with the Alabama running backs in the NFL as of late.

cfh128 is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by berg8309 View Post
    Not sure Hunter makes sense for the Dolphins after signing Wallace and Gibson and re-signing Hartline. Where does he play? The Dolphins are "winning" the offseason so far, but if they want to catch up to the Pats, I'm not sure it's wise to draft a WR in round 2 without having much of a place to play him.
    I don't think that would be much of a problem. The depth in front of him would allow the dolphins to bring him along slowly, and use him in scenarios where they think he would be able to succeed. Gibby's contract was only a 3 year deal so by the time that contract is up, Hunter should be ready take over that spot on the depth chart, if he hasn't leap frogged Gibby already.

Think of the Packers. Even when they had Greg Jennings, Jordy Nelson, James Jones, and Donald Driver, they still spent a second round pick on Randall Cobb and never looked back. It's never a bad thing to have too many weapons. As Rams fans I think that is a "problem" we would all welcome with open arms. The cream will rise to the top and you will have a better team because of it.
    laram0 likes this.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by berg8309 View Post
    Lacy looks like a good pick for the Packers. I am wary of RBs from Alabama though, as I feel their numbers may have been in part due to the team around them rather than their own incredible abilities.
    Ooh, I don't know, berg? They've had 7 RBs drafted since 2000. Two are/were All-Pro (Shaun Alexander, LeRon McLain) and both Richardson and Ingram look real. Granted, the trio of Galloway, Darby, and Coffee haven't done much. But 4 out of 7 is a pretty good turn out, IMO.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    Ooh, I don't know, berg? They've had 7 RBs drafted since 2000. Two are/were All-Pro (Shaun Alexander, LeRon McLain) and both Richardson and Ingram look real. Granted, the trio of Galloway, Darby, and Coffee haven't done much. But 4 out of 7 is a pretty good turn out, IMO.
    Outside of one year, McClain has been a major flop, he hasn't even reached 100 yards rushing for three years straight. Anyway, I am talking Saban-era RBs, which includes Darby, McLain, Coffee, Smelley, Ingram and Richardson.

I'll give you Richardson has looked good so far, but Ingram I will re-iterate that I don't like the way he's looked so far. Even last year when he was finally looking better, he still only piled up 600 yards. Part of that could certainly have been the terrible defense forcing the Saints to throw more, but I still can't say when I watched him that I saw him being an every-down back. He has time to develop, yes, but overall not impressed with the Saban crop.

Quote Originally Posted by cfh128 View Post
    I don't think that would be much of a problem. The depth in front of him would allow the dolphins to bring him along slowly, and use him in scenarios where they think he would be able to succeed. Gibby's contract was only a 3 year deal so by the time that contract is up, Hunter should be ready take over that spot on the depth chart, if he hasn't leap frogged Gibby already.

Think of the Packers. Even when they had Greg Jennings, Jordy Nelson, James Jones, and Donald Driver, they still spent a second round pick on Randall Cobb and never looked back. It's never a bad thing to have too many weapons. As Rams fans I think that is a "problem" we would all welcome with open arms. The cream will rise to the top and you will have a better team because of it.
    Truth be told, Gibson's contract is probably for less than 3 years. Most contracts are structured that way. And we all know here that Gibson is inconsistent. And I'm not saying it makes no sense for them to grab Hunter, but for a team looking to rise up this year and overcome the Pats, I think if they can fill a starting role at another position, it would be a better use of the pick than a receiver to develop.

Ok, that picture of Kyle Long is hilarious.
    DE_Ramfan likes this.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Ugh, I just realized I'm going to have to make a pick for the Whiners before this is all said and done. Guess I should start researching kickers.

Tampa_Ram is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Ugh, I just realized I'm going to have to make a pick for the Whiners before this is all said and done. Guess I should start researching kickers.
    kickers?????? your to kind
    i think they should draft the 50th ranked punter

So, the Seahawks take Kyle Long. If he winds up at RT, that means twice a year poor Howie will have to watch a civil war.
    Nick likes this.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    So, the Seahawks take Kyle Long. If he winds up at RT, that means twice a year poor Howie will have to watch a civil war.
    "Mom! He's holding my jersey!"

"Nuh-uh!!!"

"Yuh-huh!!!"
    HUbison and Tampa_Ram like this.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Hub must really like Jarvis Jones posting his picture when his selection is Rambo .
    HUbison and Tampa_Ram like this.

THE DREAM TEAM

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    Hub must really like Jarvis Jones posting his picture when his selection is Rambo .
    DARN YOU, Google Images!!!

Good catch, young man.
    sosa39rams likes this.

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    "Mom! He's holding my jersey!"

"Nuh-uh!!!"

"Yuh-huh!!!"
    This is EXACTLY what I was picturing when I made that pick. And Berg, I couldn't help myself, once I saw it, it had to be his selection pic.
    I believe!