Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: The 2014 ClanRam Voting Mock Draft (Post-Combine Ed.)

Barry Waller is offline Registered User

Re: The 2014 ClanRam Voting Mock Draft (Post-Combine Ed.)

Brandin Cooks already taken by the Chiefs (see page one for picks made already)

Barry Waller

>>6'5 is short for a QB?>>

Sorry, was still thinking aout the Saints.
    Barry Waller

Tampa_Ram is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Waller View Post
    Brandin Cooks already taken by the Chiefs (see page one for picks made already)
    Ahh thanks, forgot they were being updated on the first page.

Will change my pick to Verrett.

The Patriots will probably trade down here, as usual, (SF?)but if they were to pick here, they would look at the available WR, and pass as usual in rd 1.

The best player on the board fits a need, so the Patriots take DT Rashede Hageman
    Barry Waller

Vinnie25 is offline Registered User

I say Hageman too, they're DT's are getting up there in age and Hageman is a stud when motivated

Ra'Shede Hageman - 2

cfh128 is offline Registered User

I'll say Jace Amaro for New England. Hernandez is a goner and Gronk can't stay healthy.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Make mine the third vote for Hageman.

Whiners on the clock.

I'm going with VA Tech cornerback Kyle Fuller.
    Last edited by Nick; -03-06-2014 at 10:51 AM.

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

I'm going to project a different Kyle...

Kyle Van Noy, LB, BYU

The Niners will take a WR or CB

I go with Jordan Mathews WR over R. Roby
    Barry Waller

Just wondering who Van Noy beats out, Aldon Smith or Ahmad Brooks, who has a long term deal ? Or do you play him ahead of Willis or Bowman. Yea, Bowman is hurt, but he;ll be back. The Niners also have Corey Lemonier, who they drafted in round three just last yea, and Nick moody, drafted in round six last year.
    They also have Dan Skula.

SInce no one has Van Noy in the first round, or even in Jeremiah's top 50, I have to ask what logic has the Niners, loaded at linebacker, ignoring this reamining WR and CB group, and the LB rated ahead of Van Noy, like Shazier, let along some OL and DL that would be of value Mayock doesn't have Van Noy in his TOP FIVE LB !!

I know we hate the Niners, and hope they mess up, but they aren't gonna reach for somethig they don't even need, with a guy rated as a mid to late second rounder at best, with the kind of talent still on the board here.

No explaination was given, so I am very curious about why this pick was made that no one else would make.

And don't start with Bowman being hurt. He would be back by the time a riookie was able to start, and they can add LB help later, like Van Noy in ROUND TWO.

Sorry, but every pick has pretty much made sense till now.

With so few people doing this draft, far out, wacky picks like this one just delays the draft moving on, because I guarantee there isn't a draftnik on the internet that would pick Kyle Van Noy in round one.
    Barry Waller

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

Just wondering who Van Noy beats out, Aldon Smith or Ahmad Brooks, who has a long term deal ? Or do you play him ahead of Willis or Bowman. Yea, Bowman is hurt, but he;ll be back. The Niners also have Corey Lemonier, who they drafted in round three just last yea, and Nick moody, drafted in round six last year.
    They also have Dan Skula.

SInce no one has Van Noy in the first round, or even in Jeremiah's top 50, I have to ask what logic has the Niners, loaded at linebacker, ignoring this reamining WR and CB group, and the LB rated ahead of Van Noy, like Shazier, let along some OL and DL that would be of value Mayock doesn't have Van Noy in his TOP FIVE LB !!

I know we hate the Niners, and hope they mess up, but they aren't gonna reach for somethig they don't even need, with a guy rated as a mid to late second rounder at best, with the kind of talent still on the board here.

No explaination was given, so I am very curious about why this pick was made that no one else would make.

And don't start with Bowman being hurt. He would be back by the time a riookie was able to start, and they can add LB help later, like Van Noy in ROUND TWO.

Sorry, but every pick has pretty much made sense till now.

With so few people doing this draft, far out, wacky picks like this one just delays the draft moving on, because I guarantee there isn't a draftnik on the internet that would pick Kyle Van Noy in round one.
    You know, Barry... I always had you pegged for someone who favors democracy. And, given that this is the VOTING mock draft, it would follow that you would favor the "one person, one vote" concept.

As for why I voted for Van Noy... maybe its because I think the Niners are in a position to stockpile young talent at positions that are not an immediate need.... maybe I was mindful of the fact that Bowman is likely to be out for a substantial part of 2014, and Patrick Willis is pushing 30... maybe I have seen him projected as a first round pick by others (i.e. Pat Kirwan, on multiple mocks, had him going to San Diego in Round 1, and Pete Shrager has him going to New Orleans in the first round).... maybe I just wanted to throw out a curve ball for discussion... maybe (if you view the world as revolving around you), I did it to tick you off.

Whatever my reason, you should simply respect the process.
    Last edited by AvengerRam; -03-06-2014 at 12:19 PM.

Yet with oft injured Crabtree, and Boldin, who will be 34 in October, you see the Niners having no immediate need at WR??

Also, 32 year old Carlos Rogers is not expected to return, because of his very high cao number, leaving an immediate need at CB they had even WITH Rogers.

Chris Culliver, now famous for anti gay and chauvinistic tweets, missed the entire season with a torn ACL and has never started outside.

29 Year old Tarrell Brown didn't have a pick last year.

And you think they have no immediate CB need?

The Niners have a good team, but it isn't a young team, and they have obvious holes still.
    Barry Waller

And never said anyone couldn't pick anyone they want. Since it's a voting league, Van Noy will get his one vote, unless his brother or mother and father are on here.

He's a good player, a solid mid-late second rounder, but he ran a 4.78, not a 4.48, at the combine and he had a poor senior season.
    Barry Waller

And I am FOR democracy, and also FOR VOTING rights for EVERYBODY. Seems like we have a party now that is NOT, however. I don't belong to that party, do you?

Just sayin.
    Barry Waller

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

You know what else delays this group mock draft from moving on?

Responses that pretend to simply be a question asking why a pick was made but very quickly turn into a pointed attempt to criticize a person for their selection. This, after you objected in another thread to those who feel some need to put down others.

If you're curious about why someone made the choice they did, please ask them politely. Responses that instigate others into back and forth arguments by not just asking for their opinion but dismissing it as wacky or nonsensical are going to be deleted, so as to not delay the mock any further.
    Last edited by Nick; -03-06-2014 at 12:57 PM.