Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    thoey is offline Registered User

Re: With the 248th pick, St. Louis selects Keith Jackson, DT, Arkansas

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    For what it's worth, Pat Kirwan on Sirius radio just said they might have a little competition trying to pick who they think will be this year's Marques Colston, and he may just pick Jackson.
    Nice to hear that.

Man, I hate missing the draft... Was travelling for my daughters 16th B-Day all weekend. Had to pay $20 extra just so I could have satellite radio in the rental car for the 5 hours I was driving and could at least hear the draft.

This space for rent...

Blankman17 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    Could you imagine the ramifications if Jackson actually became this years Colston?
    I can imagine the ramifications for the Rams if he did.

Drew is offline Registered User

im seeing him listed as 6"0 & 6"4 any ideas which one he actually is?

keith m. klink Guest

YES , love the kid at this pick , on my 10-player board , had him as late 6th to early 7th . beginning of the year , rated as the 10th best DT , to be drafted . rated as a possible 4th rounder. (i didn't think so , but i'm no guru ) . i would have made an argument for the 6th round . notes: strong and athletic 2-gap with tools to be a STARTER in this league , PROTECTS HIS LB's . THATS ALL I NEED TO KNOW .

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Positives: Has a squat, yet thick frame with a thick chest, broad shoulders, wide waist and hips, built in the lines of a nose guard … High energy type who is very effective at splitting double teams and plugging the inside rush lanes … Does an adequate job of shedding blocks and moving down the line to make plays in pursuit … Lacks great timed speed, but is effective at moving to the ball in the short area … Has made steady strides in improving his work ethic and showed the last two years that he will give full effort during the game … Has a decent feel for blocks and locating the ball in a crowd … Does a much better job firing off the pass than he does in stringing out run plays … Will generally put himself in position to make the tackle … Has the strength for two-gap activity and uses his hands well to shed … when he keeps his pad level down, he has success getting underneath the blockers to penetrate and make plays in the backfield … Has the strong anchor to hold ground against plays directed at him … Takes good angles and shows the lateral range needed in pursuit … More of a drag down, wrap-up tackler, but can generate some explosion behind his hits … Needs to use his hands better to gain separation, but utilizes them well to defeat single blocks … Has the short-area burst to gain advantage and can drive the blocker back into the pocket when he stays low and fires off the snap with his head up.

Negatives: Even with his strong anchor, he can be pushed off the ball, especially when he gets too tall in his stance … Marginal pass rusher, as he is more apt to pressure the pocket than seal the deal (lacks awareness in the backfield) … Also lacks an array of moves to counter when attempting to penetrate … Active with his hands, but tends to get so involved with over-powering the blocker, he forgets about attacking the ball … When bull rushing, his arms get outside the frame, leaving his chest exposed to combo blocks … Needs to play with his head up (when he gets his head down, he struggles to recognize blocking schemes) … Has improved his work ethic, but will still get a bit lazy at times and needs monitoring.

Compares To: Anthony McFarland, Indianapolis Colts … Like McFarland, when Jackson's head is into the game, he can be a disruptive force on the line … He has that low center of gravity and short area burst to get underneath the blockers, but needs to use his hands better in attempts to shed. He does well with two-gap assignments, but even though he plays with a high motor, he is better served in a sub package than as an every down lineman.
    http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/2007/jackson_keith
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

smizzhfx is offline Registered User

I don't think he'd put up the kind of recieving numbers as Colston did last year...

bruce4life is offline Registered User

solid rotational player again this is fine for me

bigredman is offline Registered User

This guy is the "I don't want to know your name, because you're not expected to make the team" pick. His heart will determine if he has a place on the Rams. This guy will be in plenty of fights in training camp. I'm rooting for the guy. This is my "Rudy" for this preseason.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12