Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    smizzhfx is offline Registered User

Re: With the 249th pick, St. Louis selects Derek Stanley, WR, Wisconsin-Whitewater

Quote Originally Posted by RedArcher7 View Post
    I hope he's not the Colston. We're paying 3 WRs, a 2 TEs and 2 RBs big money. I don't wany my seventh round pick from Nowhere, USA catching more balls then them.
    So you're saying you'd rather him suck it up then tear it up...? :x
    You're logic is a little flawed.

Worst comes to worst Bruce retires next year and he steps up as a reliable third target in 3 and 4 WR sets.

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

Re: With the 249th pick, St. Louis selects Derek Stanley, WR, Wisconsin-Whitewater

Quote Originally Posted by Nick
    so let's calm down a bit.
    :\ You serious?
    RamsFan16

RedArcher7 is offline Registered User

Why would I want a rookie to have more catches than 4 probowlers.....if he has better stats then all of them something went haywire in our offense. I don't want to pay 4 guys that go to probowls if they're getting beat by a rookie. So yea, I'd rather him have poor numbers, he's supposed to.

Quote Originally Posted by RedArcher7 View Post
    Why would I want a rookie to have more catches than 4 probowlers.....if he has better stats then all of them something went haywire in our offense. I don't want to pay 4 guys that go to probowls if they're getting beat by a rookie. So yea, I'd rather him have poor numbers, he's supposed to.
    I understand your point now, but as far as my comparison's to Marques Colston I didn't mean stats-wise. There's no way he'd be given an oppurtunity (knock on wood) to put up the stats Colston did for the Saints last year. I just meant, jokingly, that it'd be nice if he could develop to be as good/talented/skillful a reciever as Marques Colston was, seeing as he did not play at a Divsion-I school either.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Just don't know if Stanley will be around the team other than as a deep reserve. Sorry, I don't see much productivity potential in him, mainly out of my ignorance about this player.

As Smizz said, definitely a project type of selection, but "who knows"?

Quote Originally Posted by RealRam View Post
    Just don't know if Stanley will be around the team other than as a deep reserve. Sorry, I don't see much productivity potential in him, mainly out of my ignorance about this player.

As Smizz said, definitely a project type of selection, but "who knows"?
    Doesn't hurt to dream now does it... I'm sure the Saints fans were saying the same thing about Colston this time last year.

keith m. klink Guest

this kid was rated #22 out of 62 receivers , and was rated to be the 1st receiver taken in the 5th round by a noteable draft board that rates over 450 + players for the draft . you all were screeming we needed a returner on special teams , we used a 5th last year in hagens , ( which coach said looked realy good this year ) a 5th on HALL , and a #249th 7th rd pick on a kid that could make the team .IF THERE IS ONE THING I CANNOT STAND , IT'S NAY-SAYERS THAT WON'T GIVE ANYONE A CHANCE BECAUSE THEY ARE SO SMALL MINDED . i hope this kid kicks every other returnmans ass this year , so the nay-sayers will stuff a sock in it for once .

Blankman17 is offline Registered User

Well, Nick, competition is competition, but talent is talent

In the end, I hope both are the result.

timsum1283 is offline Registered User

His forty is also reported to run as low as 4.36 in ESPN NFL Draft guide

Breakpoint is offline Registered User

Hey guys, I am from University of Wisconsin Whitewater where Derek Stanley goes to school. I am really glad to see him drafted as I know scouts have been watching him for a while here.

I have actually met him here at the bars. He is a pretty cool guy. He hangs out with Brian Calhoun who plays RB at Detroit.

I have seen him play a lot against the DIII schools, he has great talent. He is probably the #1 player here. He has gotten some great touchdowns and plays that were needed to win games.

For the last 2 years the Whitewater Warhawks have not lost one game, except for the national games against Mt Union. So you guys are picking up a great asset.

The Rams also have another guy from Whitewater, your punter Turk is from Whitewater. Maybe that might have played in a part for Rams picking up Stanley.
    I'm really routing for Stanley, I hope he makes it big.

general counsel is offline Registered User

thanks for the on the scene report from whitewater. The clan never sleeps! Actual reports from wisconsin whitewater, what other board can lay claim to that?

ramming speed to all

general counsel

RebelYell is offline Registered User

He's insurance in case something happens to dHall. Nothing more.

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

He can prove himself just like any other player, but there is no open spot waiting for him.

Thanks for the info Breakpoint. Let's hope he stays out of the bars now. That is cool that you got to meet him.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Breakpoint is offline Registered User

Well there is always room for recievers when switching them up, he might have the speed to get far down on defenders

I did meet him at the bars but that doesnt mean he is a drinker, I have seen Calhoun at the bars and he doesnt drink, a lot of people just go to socialize around here. Calhoun is a professional football player for the Lions so its not a bad thing.

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Breakpoint View Post
    Well there is always room for recievers when switching them up, he might have the speed to get far down on defenders

I did meet him at the bars but that doesnt mean he is a drinker, I have seen Calhoun at the bars and he doesnt drink, a lot of people just go to socialize around here. Calhoun is a professional football player for the Lions so its not a bad thing.
    I should not make assumptions about his drinking or not drinking. I drink when I go to bars, but he may not.

At least we have another receiver with speed. I am going to miss Curtis. Maybe Derek Stanley can make an impact there.

Has he been playing on special teams for the warhawks? My high school team was the warhawks also. Gotta like that name.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast