throwback week

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Re: The 2nd Annual ClanRam Round-Table Mock Draft: Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenfleece View Post
    I think they're definitely going to look to trade. Calvin Johnson and Joe Thomas are the safest bets, but they've already addressed the o-line to an extent this off-season, and they've got to be skittish about drafting another receiver. I think they go Gaines Adams, seeing as how all the defensive ends on Detroit's current roster contributed a total of 5 sacks last year.
    This was my trail of thought also, but as RamWraith has explained, you can't argue with the overall solidity of the pick, as Thomas is as quality a commodity you as will find.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan16 View Post
    Ok, my pick is Gaines Adams, but its not letting me post the pick and information in the thread.
    Strange. If this is a recurring problem for participants, then we'll start a new thread.

Dr. Defense is offline Registered User

I think that all the picks are good except Nick's. I really feel that the Browns are going to go with Quinn. I know that if they went with ur pick they would have a great 1-2 punch in the backfield, but i just feel that Cronnel is going to take his buddy Charlie's perfectly groomed qb. Everything revolves around the qb on offense and i just don't think that frye is that guy.

Country Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan16 View Post
    Ok, my pick is Gaines Adams, but its not letting me post the pick and information in the thread.
    I will post it for you!

RamsFan16 Guest

Thanks country. Its really appreciated, I didn't want to hold up the draft just because of the stubborness of the computer.

viper is offline Registered User

Shouldn't there be a time limit or something?

Quote Originally Posted by viper View Post
    Shouldn't there be a time limit or something?
    Not considering time differences, IMO.

I'm across the pond in Australia. You're about 17/18 hours behind me. So my night-time is your 'day-time'.

viper is offline Registered User

Excellent point, Bar-bq...my apologies!

Big News...Levi Brown is off the board...and into a Dolphins Jersey.

I was tempted by Okoye and Ginn at this pick. Ginn has huge upside and the Dolphins are minus a reciever courtesy of New England. But you can't throw the ball to a Ted Ginn or Chris Chambers without having the necessary time. This theory undoubtedly affected my decision.

Okoye...can he play the NT in a 3-4? He needs to add weight, which, i suppose is what the Rams would be asking him to do if, god forbid, he fell our way, but I feel even though he's a slight reach, Brown is a surer bet for the Dolphins than the other two candidates mentioned.

Thoughts?

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quick observation........with only 3 picks (Houston, SF, Buffalo) left ahead of the Rams, we are guaranteed a top-tier front 7 player. One or more of the following will be there: Okoye, Carriker, Branch, Willis.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    Quick observation........with only 3 picks (Houston, SF, Buffalo) left ahead of the Rams, we are guaranteed a top-tier front 7 player. One or more of the following will be there: Okoye, Carriker, Branch, Willis.
    Reckon it was the alterior motive behind all of the recent picks? I mean, look at all the teams that Could have gone that way- I mean, there's like...9 of them!!

How legitamate a shot is Leon Hall at going 10th overall to Houston? He's a guy that hasn't warranted too much consuderation at this point, but could be good value opposite Dunta Robinson. Something to consider.

RamWraith is offline Registered User

Really had no choice but Hall. Texans REALLY wanted Brown here as their line already ruined one quarterback.

If this draft really would work out this way for the Rams I would be ecstatic. They would have a lot to choice from at the 13th spot. Maybe this is all our sub-conscious minds playing games with us and hoping this the way the cards will fall.

Quote Originally Posted by Bar-bq View Post
    How legitamate a shot is Leon Hall at going 10th overall to Houston? He's a guy that hasn't warranted too much consuderation at this point, but could be good value opposite Dunta Robinson. Something to consider.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Leon Hall would definitely get consideration from Houston there to improve their secondary. A dark horse for that pick might be Amobi Okoye, because the Texans are desperately looking for pieces to improve that 4-3 front and Okoye at DT with Super Mario at an end would be the nice workings of a front defensive line.

Whiners pick is up, and it's probably not that much of a surprise...

Drew Guest

im curious nick,which side of the front 3 or 4(dont need to answer that if you think he`ll play UT in a front 4!) do you see Carricker playing?

just thinking who we`ll have lined up against him for the next 5 years or more......

i think it was pretty much a no-brainer for the 40whiners to take him there....how did you enjoy being in their camp for 15minutes?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast